Nx 12s cassette install- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Oct 2009

Nx 12s cassette install

Anybody have issues installing a nx 12s cassette on to hope pro4 hub? The big ring carrier is loose? The same cassette was installed on the stock wheelset with out issue and now using the same setup it wobbles. Is there a need for an additional spacer? Any insights or suggestions are appreciated.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Olie12 View Post
    Anybody have issues installing a nx 12s cassette on to hope pro4 hub? The big ring carrier is loose? The same cassette was installed on the stock wheelset with out issue and now using the same setup it wobbles. Is there a need for an additional spacer? Any insights or suggestions are appreciated.
    If its a 11 speed road free hub you need a spacer. I have one on my dt swiss hub because of this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Fatbike, XC bike, Gravel Bike....

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Thanks ill give it a try. Its the standard shimano freehub that comes on hope pro4 hubs.

Trust your turbo lust
    Apr 2010
    I just installed the nx 12spd cassette on my bike, the first time, the big rings were a bit loose and the higher gears, 6+ were not straight. I kept thinking that I might have got a defective cassette. I took it off and checked each gear as I went, making sure to line it up correctly. when I got to the last gear, it looked like it went on straight, but it was actually about a 1/4 turn from where it should have been. there is so little left of the freehub at that point that you can easily misalign the last gear and have it look straight, until you tighten down the lock ring. it will get tight, but the cassette will have a lot of play. I made sure to get the last gear lined up properly and everything went together and tightened down as it was supposed to.

an easy way to tell if it is close, look at the face of the gears and line up the part where is has the tooth count stamped into it.