MRX Comp cable replacement frustration!- Mtbr.com
    Air Pirate

MRX Comp cable replacement frustration!

I love SRAMS simplistic user manual that says to pull out the old cable and then simply insert the new one.

WHAT A BUNCH OF CRAP!

The new cable will not just go in. It bends and frays before it gets into the shifter very far. I even used the old trick of supergluing the cable end to keep from fraying, but all the cable would do is bend, bend, bend. It would never come out.

Rear side shifter. Daughter loves the grip shift, doesnt like trigger shifters. I am about ready to just tell her tough, she is not having these pieces of crap any more.

F you SRAM!

Anyone know of an easy way to change the cable, tell me now PLEASE!

mtbr member
    Nov 2014

Inserteing a Cable for a SRAM GRIPSHIFT Shifter

Quote Originally Posted by Bokchoicowboy View Post

The new cable will not just go in. It bends and frays before it gets into the shifter very far. I even used the old trick of supergluing the cable end to keep from fraying, but all the cable would do is bend, bend, bend. It would never come out.
    I had this problem once. In that case I could insert the cable by bending the tip of the cable in the direction of the curve. Although the cable path changed the direction almost 90 degrees, I bent the cable tip only about 45 degrees.

Members who have read this thread: 0