monarch shock body?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Feb 2008

monarch shock body?

sram sent me a new monarch 4.2 today. this new shock is different from the one i sent. theres the top shock mount, then a sleeve, then the bushing where the stantion moves thru. wierd thing is, the sleeve rotates! is this normal?

Doesnt ride Banshees
    SRAM sends warranty Monarch's back with 22.2mm x M6 shock hardware. Not all bikes use that hardware, and its a mystery to me why they send them with it. Either way, its a 3-piece hardware kit that uses a pin, and 2 sleeves. The sleeves rotate (and can be removed), the pin that slides through shouldn't rotate, but probably can with a pair of pliers. This 3-piece hardware is different from FOX hardware, because the FOX hardware is 2 pieces, essentially two halfs that press into each side. The SRAM hardware design is far superior, but chances are the hardware they sent back wont work with your bike. You need to use the hardware that is specific to your bike. Hopefully your LBS was smart enough to save the old hardware, and not send it back with your old monarch, because otherwsie you'll need to have your frame measured with calipers and have new hardware ordered from a distributor.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    i know what youre talking about and i did tell my shop to make a note to save the eyelit bushings.however thats not what i was talking about

on the shock body theres a sleeve, between to o-ring and floodgate switch (between to 2 red lines in the photo). my last monarch did not have this! anyways, this sleeve rotates with a bit or resistence

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    If this is the same type of thing as the RP23 has its a "High volume" air can

Members who have read this thread: 0