Help- Sram Xx Chainring Bolts- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Dec 2008

Help- Sram Xx Chainring Bolts

Hi All,

I've lost (!!) a couple of outer chainring bolts on my SRAM XX cranks (if nothing else its a good lesson in checking chainring bolt torq I guess).

The distributors for SRAM here in AUSTRALIA don't have any spares in stock meaning that:

a) I purchase another crank in order to get the required chainring bolt
    b) stop riding my bike with the SRAM XX set up until the importers get more bolts

Neither a or b above appeal to me.

Anyone know of an alternative source of the proprietary SRAM XX outer chainring bolts?

Cheers

R

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Take one to a bolt shop, see if they have a solution. If nothing else they'll sell you a bolt with the right thread and a washer to spread the load out on the spider. It won't be pretty but it'll get you on the trails until Monza get some stock.

mtbr member
    I'm sure it would be easy to find a set of bolts that work, but Google is your friend. It took me 10 seconds to find these.

http://www.petracycles.co.uk/truvati...09f773f7c321c7

Was just thinking the bolts I linked above are more than likely for the small ring. Either way, I don't think the XX outer bolts are proprietary. I bet they're the same aluminum bolts they use on their other cranks.
    Last edited by sixate; 05-17-2010 at 05:18 AM.

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    With respect, I checked compatibility with other truvativ outer chainring bolts before talking to the distributor and posting here on this forum. The outer chainring bolt are proprietary, I assure you.

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    Bobsouth is right, most manufacturers have started production of XX chainrings (carbon-ti and FRM) but the bolts are different and are not being produced as of yet.

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    I did a number on the flaky XX chainring inner bolts. They're weak, shallow and straight access is difficult. I need a new set!

Anyone know if those are proprietary? I would rather replace them some non-wimpy bolts if possible.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    The inner chainring bolts are the same ones everyone else uses. It's the outer bolts that are proprietary. Learned this first hand, darn it!

Freedom Isn't Free
    Luckily I only lost 3 of 4 on the inner ring! I noticed there was only one left right before a race too! I replaced them w/some old bolts I had around w/no problems at this point.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007

xx chainring bolts

I saw some aftermarket bolts for XX chainrings on EBAY. they were gold anodized.

Now if i could just find an outer 36tooth chainring for my XX groupo. I broke a tooth on the ring and no one has replacements. If anyone has a source for aftermarket please let me know.

mtbr member
    i just bought a couple of the the xx chaining combo with s-works spider from Universal Cycles. i run them on a cannondale with hollowgrams so whilst i dont need the spider, i have the chainrings i need plus the bolts...

mtbr member
    I recently bought a set of xx chainring bolts made by carbon-ti. They are available in several colours, i went for the black ones. Its a set for both chainrings.

Members who have read this thread: 0