GX Eagle Creaking- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 3 of 3
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Mad.Mtb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    425

    GX Eagle Creaking

    Anybody else having their Eagle derailleur creak? I have only about 100 mile on the bike and the creaking got pretty bad on my last ride. I thought it was the bottom bracket at first, but did some research online and found this video which is the same issue I'm having.

    I removed the hanger from the frame and found the hanger bolt had been over tightened and the derailleur mounting bolt was under tightened. Fixed that, cleaned up the derailleur and this seemed to minimize the creak. However, there still seems to be some residual creaking. Curious if anyone else is having this issue?
    The only trace I leave behind is tire marks.

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    619
    I had some creaking in my GX 1x11. It usually goes away if I remove the axle and retighten it to torque specs. Don't know why it happens but 90% of the time, that fixes it. The other 10% of the time, I fixed it by pulling the cassette and greasing all the contact points with the XD driver.

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,144
    It has been two seasons since I ran Sram stuff. But I had a similar creak with my last Sram RD (XO1 1x11). It was the clutch assembly. It is supposedly self-lubricating. My mechanic showed me the move to eliminated it. With the RD dropped to the small end of the cassette, meaning the RD cage is pulled all the way back parallel to the floor, move the whole cage from full back to full front, otherwise know as its full travel path fore and aft (careful, don't twist the cage or RD!). Repeat this 10-15 times and that sound should stop. Try it! See if that works for you. It did for me.

Similar Threads

  1. best Drivetrain-- eagle or hybrid eagle?
    By SB Trails in forum Drivetrain - shifters, derailleurs, cranks
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 07-12-2017, 05:11 PM
  2. xo1 eagle cranks stronger then xx1 eagle cranks?
    By SB Trails in forum Drivetrain - shifters, derailleurs, cranks
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-30-2017, 10:07 PM
  3. SRAM Eagle chain with xx1 (non-eagle) chainring.
    By LyncStar in forum Drivetrain - shifters, derailleurs, cranks
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-27-2017, 05:19 AM
  4. Federal Government / Bald Eagle and Golden Eagle death proposal.
    By DIRTJUNKIE in forum Off Camber (off topic)
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 07-05-2016, 08:14 AM
  5. RockShox Ride Experience at Eagle Bike Park in Eagle, Idaho
    By lil29er in forum Idaho, Montana, Wyoming
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-28-2012, 04:56 AM

Members who have read this thread: 13

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.