Guide ultimate bleed block?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jun 2014

Guide ultimate bleed block?

Anyone know where I can find a bleed block for the new guide ultimate? Cant seem to find one online anywhere, cant even find a part number off the sram website...

Looks like this according to the manual

Guide ultimate bleed block?-tutxtsu.png

Also shown here

https://youtu.be/it9F2gvju_Y?t=16s

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Did you order the Ultimates as an aftermarket kit? I've installed two sets on customers' bikes, and the bleed blocks did not show up in the kits. The pad spacing is unique, so you can't just retrofit another block, according to SRAM. When I called SRAM HQ to get the blocks sent, it seemed like I had found a hole in their system, because they had to send a full bleed kit that just happened to also include the bleed blocks. They may have fixed that by now, but just call in and ask them to send you the correct Ultimate block.

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by JHCreighton View Post
    Did you order the Ultimates as an aftermarket kit? I've installed two sets on customers' bikes, and the bleed blocks did not show up in the kits. The pad spacing is unique, so you can't just retrofit another block, according to SRAM. When I called SRAM HQ to get the blocks sent, it seemed like I had found a hole in their system, because they had to send a full bleed kit that just happened to also include the bleed blocks. They may have fixed that by now, but just call in and ask them to send you the correct Ultimate block.
    Do you have a picture of the bleed block they sent you?

I ordered this kit online and I am hoping the one in it will work with it
    https://www.bike24.com/1.php?content...=1000,2,15,117

and yes I ordered the F+R as a kit online. It came with everything BUT the bleed block
    SRAM Guide Ultimate Discbrake Set grey | Disc Brake - Sets Shop

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    The block looks just as pictured in your previous diagram, except it is red. Most of the kit you ordered looks likes the one I was sent, however, the picture does not include the correct bleed block. In the product details, it says the kit includes "each 1 bleed blocks for all Guide, XX und X0 brakes," but, then again, the Guide and Guide Ultimate bleed blocks are not pictured. I would assume that since the kit includes the Bleeding Edge tool, that it would also have the correct bleed block, but that is being hopeful. Go through your LBS to get the appropriate block sent to you for free if the kit does not have one.

The brakes are awesome and worth all the hassle.