Elixr banjo and fittings.- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Elixr banjo and fittings.

I just received my 2010 Trek Remedy with the Elixr R brakes and the hose is kinked right next to the lever. I don't want to waist my time or Trek/Avid over this cause it's so close to the lever I can fix it myself. Anyway. If I cut the hose and remove the "bolt" that goes into the res, will there be just a banjo to replace or will I have to order more hardware to do this. I've bled tons of Avids and Hayes before, but I've never cut a hose on an Elixr yet. Just looking out before I find out I need parts that I don't have. Thanks, Fahn

Hubbard Bike Club

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    That is not a banjo. It's a barb and olive. There's often a banjo at the caliper. Formula Oro's use a banjo at the lever, I believe, but not many others. You will need a new olive and barb. The nut can be reused. As far as I know, there's no difference between the Juicy barb/olive and the Elixir ones. Most shops have a drawer or box with stuff like that.

Eric

mtbr member
    FWIW, I cut and replaced it yesterday. SRAM now makes a barb that actually screws into the hose! Anyway, it took about 30 minutes cause I was taking my time not to loose any oil or to make a mess. Re-bled the brakes even though no fluid was lost. Everything's working great.
    Hubbard Bike Club

Members who have read this thread: 0