Domain to Lyrik- Mtbr.com

Thread: Domain to Lyrik

mtbr member
    May 2005

Domain to Lyrik

Does any body know or tried to put a Mission Control damper in a Domain. It looks like the bushings are the same but is the rebound damper the same? Thanks

mtbr member
    hey offcamber, Ive just put a motion control damper stack into my Domain 180mm 302's effectively making them 318's. I didn't personally have the need for the extra tuning a mission control stack gives you but according to Rockshox U.K. it is a straight swap. For what it's worth the stack was 75 and the adjuster knob was 20. It transformed the fork. The mission control setup would cost about 150 all in. Hope this helps a bit.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Thanks, I finally found some fork diagrams the other day. It looks like you need the damper, a service kit, and the top knobs. i actually called RS today and spoke to someone that said it can't be done. I don't think he was a tech and I think he could be wrong. I don't know how the bushing can be the same part and the ID (inside diameter) of the stanchion be any different. I'm gonna try and get a hold a tech or call a fork suspension place before I put the money out (between $150-200 US). Thanks though.

mtbr member
    I don't think it will work, the Domain has steel tubes and the Lyrik has aluminum. I'm pretty sure the ID is different. Same goes for the Tora and Recon, won't work and someone in the suspension forum confirmed. Don't have the post, but read it during the summer i believe.

Members who have read this thread: 0