Which BB tool for DUB- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Aug 2010

Which BB tool for DUB

Need to order a BB cup tool for my new DUB cranks. Itís the threaded style BB.

Google search says Park Tool BBT-79 is compatible but I want make sure itís a good fit and not going to strip the cups.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Anyone?

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    I'm going to be installing a DUB BSA BB tomorrow and ordered the BBT-79 tool. I'll let you know how it goes.

I'm not really worried as it's it and the DUB BB are built around a 12 notch 46mm OD cup standard and I'm not going to be installing and removing the BB frequently.

You should be able to use any tool that does Race Face Cinch or BSA 30 as well as they also use the 12 notch 46mm OD cup standard as well.

Abbey Tool makes one which might be more precise, but it's also over twice the cost of the Park Tool one. Not sure if they cost goes into the precision or not.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by mmckechnie View Post
    I'm going to be installing a DUB BSA BB tomorrow and ordered the BBT-79 tool. I'll let you know how it goes.

I'm not really worried as it's it and the DUB BB are built around a 12 notch 46mm OD cup standard and I'm not going to be installing and removing the BB frequently.

You should be able to use any tool that does Race Face Cinch or BSA 30 as well as they also use the 12 notch 46mm OD cup standard as well.

Abbey Tool makes one which might be more precise, but it's also over twice the cost of the Park Tool one. Not sure if they cost goes into the precision or not.
    I just ordered this one for my GXP and assumed it would work on DUB. As you can see the label says 32mm so can I assume itís too small?

Report back with your findings.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by racefit View Post
    I just ordered this one for my GXP and assumed it would work on DUB. As you can see the label says 32mm so can I assume itís too small?

That should be good for removing your GXP BSA BB, but you'll need a different tool to install the DUB BSA BB.

Looking at the Lezyne product page, it seems like the 32mm refers to the size of the hex/nut that you can use with their own "CNC Rod" tool or a wrench.

Apart from that it looks like it has 16 notches, not 12 like the DUB BSA BB uses. It should also be too small in diameter as the DUB BSA BB should be larger in diameter to account for the larger spindle size (28.99mm vs 24mm).

I didn't install mine yet, but I put the BBT-79 on the DUB BSA BB just to check it out and it was a nice tight fit.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Installed the BB yesterday. The tool fit over the DUB BSA BB like a glove! Very nice tolerances! I would recommend the BBT-79. No issues with it for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by racefit View Post

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by mmckechnie View Post
    Installed the BB yesterday. The tool fit over the DUB BSA BB like a glove! Very nice tolerances! I would recommend the BBT-79. No issues with it for me.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Am I the only one with a 24 notch DUB bottom bracket? I canít find the right tool for it.

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    It's the same tool that is used for Race Face Cinch bottom brackets.