AXS Controller not working- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jul 2020

AXS Controller not working

My SRAM XX1 AXS Upgrade Kit arrived today (mail order from a UK bike store). I've fully charged the derailleur battery, updated the firmware and paired the two devices. But only the top button works - the bottom button doesn't move the derailleur although the derailleur recognises the command as the green light comes on. To get the derailleur to move the other way I've got to go into the AXS app and swap over the controller buttons and then use the top button to move the derailleur. Still the bottom button doesn't do anything.

They are not on the bike yet so I'm just testing them in the house.

Any thoughts as to what is going on?

Cheers

Peter

mtbr member
    no clue... I'd try to standard, remove battery (from controller), reset everything, repair... and see what happens! Not much else to do I guess other than contacting SRAM or the store. Are you in the US or can you easily reach out to the shop and get it replaced? Assuming it would be much easier if you are in EU.

mtbr member
    Jul 2020
    Quote Originally Posted by mfa81 View Post
    no clue... I'd try to standard, remove battery (from controller), reset everything, repair... and see what happens! Not much else to do I guess other than contacting SRAM or the store. Are you in the US or can you easily reach out to the shop and get it replaced? Assuming it would be much easier if you are in EU.
    Thanks for your reply. Iíll try the battery removal. Iím in the UK but the shop is the opposite end of the country so Iím not able to pop in and see them. It was an online order.

mtbr member
    Jul 2020
    Quote Originally Posted by Habu63 View Post
    Thanks for your reply. Iíll try the battery removal. Iím in the UK but the shop is the opposite end of the country so Iím not able to pop in and see them. It was an online order.
    Battery removal made no difference. The key thing Iíve noticed is that pushing the down paddle doesnít register with the derailleur, you donít get the LED flash to confirm the derailleur executed the command. The up paddle appears fine though.

mtbr member
    looks like you lower action is dead on the controller, shop should get you a replaced since they delivered something broken already to you! Iíd contact the online shop

mtbr member
    make sure the derailleur is working. You can shift the derailleur by pushing the button on the derailleur once to upshift and quick double tap to downshift. If that works, then unpair and forget everything from the controller, derailleur and phone. Repair everything and open the Sram AXS app to connect to the derailleur. Once connected use the app make sure you see the gears change in the app by pressing the button on the derailleur (once or twice). If everything is working correctly except the controller, reach out to SRAM Tech Support: 1-800-346-2928.
    ďIf youíre not first youíre last"- Ricky Bobby

mtbr member
    Jul 2020
    Thanks for the support. The derailleur definitely works up and down as I can swap the paddles over in the app. Move the derailleur one way using the up paddle, then swap the configuration around in the app and use the up paddle again to move the derailleur back the other way. Whichever configuration I have with the paddies then bottom paddle does nothing. It moves happily but thereís no LED flash on the derailleur.

The whole kit has gone back to the shop for them to raise it with SRAM.