Anyone else's Avid CPS washers broken?- Mtbr.com
    Spice
    Dec 2008

Anyone else's Avid CPS washers broken?

I have elixir cr's and i've been through about 4 of the little concave caliper positioning washers, they've all split at some point, and the brake's end up holwing.
    The first ones were tightened according to avid's torque specifications, and the others much less as i thought the first ones had split from over-tightening.

Anyone else had this?
    Any other stronger one's to get?

Tends to happen on the front brake, seems more like the washers cant handle the braking force on the caliper than over tightening anything (thats with 160mm rotors)
    Always the female washer, with the dome shaped recess the other one fits into

West Chester, PA
    Sep 2006
    I've never had the avid ones break.

I got a set of ti bolts off ebay a while ago and they came with ti cps washers... all 4 female ones broke immediately with minimal torque.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    brake less

Big Gulps, Alright!
    Sounds like you're really cranking down on them. I've used a ton of avid brakes and never had issues.
    Axle Standards Explained

Founder at North Atlantic Dirt, riding & writing about trails in the northeast.

Spice
    Dec 2008

Maybe i'll just take the brake off all-together?

They've never broken whilst tightening them. (done to the torque avid reccommend, then just nip tight after breaking the first ones)

It's mostly the top washer on the front brake.... the one with the most load on it :\

Members who have read this thread: 0