185 Post Mount Adpters?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jun 2004

185 Post Mount Adpters?

I'm just wondering if I'm the only person who thinks the 185 PM adapters fit honorably. They don't even match up to the same plane as the mounting surface of the caliper. When tightening the mounting bolts they seem to bind, and make alignment a pain in the a$$. I would really like some input.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Yep. Put some 185mm Elixirs on a Fox 36 and noticed that too. Changed up to a 203 and the 203mm adapter fit perfectly.

mtbr member
    EXACTLY! I had the same complaint to SRAM with my Specialized fork trying to downsize from the 203mm to a 185mm rotor. The bolts bind terribly when tightening them. Have you tried another manufactures PM adapter?

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    I've used Shimano and Magura, like the Magura better had to run an extra 2mm spacer with the Shimano. But both work better than Avid's joke. Its also funny that sram says they don't have any problems with them, I'ver never seen one that works.

mtbr member
    Did you use the Magura 180mm post mount with the 185mm rotor or did you change out the rotor also?

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    Avid rotor, might have to shim caliper 2mm.

mtbr member
    I ended up going with the NSB adapter. Even the salesman said the Avid 185mm adapter has a problem.

Members who have read this thread: 0