08 Reba Lost 3/4 of it's Travel.- Mtbr.com
    turtles make me hot

08 Reba Lost 3/4 of it's Travel.

Saturday I was riding my bike when suddenly it felt as if my fork was rigid. I stopped and checked and it only had about 1 1/4" of travel. My buddy and I checked the air, there were no signs of leakage... I took it to the shop and they said two weeks while it goes to Sram. Great. This is my only bike.

I was surfin' Ebay for a spare fork. I'll keep tryin' today, in the meantime, anyone have any ideas why it did this?
    I like turtles

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by NYrr496
    Saturday I was riding my bike when suddenly it felt as if my fork was rigid. I stopped and checked and it only had about 1 1/4" of travel. My buddy and I checked the air, there were no signs of leakage... I took it to the shop and they said two weeks while it goes to Sram. Great. This is my only bike.

I was surfin' Ebay for a spare fork. I'll keep tryin' today, in the meantime, anyone have any ideas why it did this?
    sounds like the damper oil has leaked into the lowers causing hydro lock.

turtles make me hot
    Thanks.
    I like turtles

Feeding your addiction
    Thanks.
    May just need an oil change, as size said it eventually can work it's way down into the lowers. Even if there's some o-ring damage, worst case an oil change will usually get it working again for a while so you can wait for a more convenient time to send it to SRAM (or allow time for your shop to order a new o-ring kit so they won't even need to send it in).

Larry
    www.mtnhighcyclery.com
    "It is inhumane, in my opinion, to force people who have a genuine medical need for coffee to wait in line behind people who apparently view it as some kind of recreational activity". - Dave Barry

mtbr member
    larry is correct - i didn't have time to go into detail earlier but an oil change may fix it long enough to get you through. however when my o-rings went i'd change the oil and maybe get 2 miles before it happened again. assuming the oil is leaking into the lowers (this will be obvious when you pull the lowers) and the seal head hasn't been damaged, new o-rings will fix the issue.

this repair is easy and SRAM has great info online on how to pull the lowers, change the oil and service the damper.

turtles make me hot
    Thanks again for the info. I looked on line for tech info and couldn't find any. Hopefully, the parts will be in before the weekend. I HAVE to get another bike so I have a backup. I admit, I knew this was gonna happen one day.
    I like turtles

mtbr member
    Thanks again for the info. I looked on line for tech info and couldn't find any. Hopefully, the parts will be in before the weekend. I HAVE to get another bike so I have a backup. I admit, I knew this was gonna happen one day.
    http://www.sram.com/en/service/rocks...D=1&subcatID=8

http://www.sram.com/en/service/rocks...ch_manuals.php

10mb pdf

turtles make me hot
    Thanks again.
    I like turtles

turtles make me hot
    Ok... Replaced the internal seals and changed the oil. My fork is silky smooth again. Thanks for the info, guys.
    I like turtles

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Dear Everyone!

I'm writing from hungary because i have got a problem. Please so i hope you could help for me.
    I have a '07 Rock shox revelations 426 dual air fork. I would like to service it.
    I bought a few o-ring ( i thought that these rings same the fork has ) but not.
    Do you know what their o-ring's size? If you know that, please write for me...

Members who have read this thread: 0