• 11-23-2009
    NYrr496
    08 Reba Lost 3/4 of it's Travel.
    Saturday I was riding my bike when suddenly it felt as if my fork was rigid. I stopped and checked and it only had about 1 1/4" of travel. My buddy and I checked the air, there were no signs of leakage... I took it to the shop and they said two weeks while it goes to Sram. Great. This is my only bike.

I was surfin' Ebay for a spare fork. I'll keep tryin' today, in the meantime, anyone have any ideas why it did this?
  • 11-23-2009
    'size
    Quote:

Originally Posted by NYrr496
    Saturday I was riding my bike when suddenly it felt as if my fork was rigid. I stopped and checked and it only had about 1 1/4" of travel. My buddy and I checked the air, there were no signs of leakage... I took it to the shop and they said two weeks while it goes to Sram. Great. This is my only bike.

I was surfin' Ebay for a spare fork. I'll keep tryin' today, in the meantime, anyone have any ideas why it did this?

sounds like the damper oil has leaked into the lowers causing hydro lock.
  • 11-23-2009
    NYrr496
    Thanks.
  • 11-23-2009
    Ventanarama
    Quote:

Thanks.

May just need an oil change, as size said it eventually can work it's way down into the lowers. Even if there's some o-ring damage, worst case an oil change will usually get it working again for a while so you can wait for a more convenient time to send it to SRAM (or allow time for your shop to order a new o-ring kit so they won't even need to send it in).

Larry
    www.mtnhighcyclery.com
  • 11-23-2009
    'size
    larry is correct - i didn't have time to go into detail earlier but an oil change may fix it long enough to get you through. however when my o-rings went i'd change the oil and maybe get 2 miles before it happened again. assuming the oil is leaking into the lowers (this will be obvious when you pull the lowers) and the seal head hasn't been damaged, new o-rings will fix the issue.

this repair is easy and SRAM has great info online on how to pull the lowers, change the oil and service the damper.
  • 11-24-2009
    NYrr496
    Thanks again for the info. I looked on line for tech info and couldn't find any. Hopefully, the parts will be in before the weekend. I HAVE to get another bike so I have a backup. I admit, I knew this was gonna happen one day.
  • 11-24-2009
    'size
    Quote:

Thanks again for the info. I looked on line for tech info and couldn't find any. Hopefully, the parts will be in before the weekend. I HAVE to get another bike so I have a backup. I admit, I knew this was gonna happen one day.

http://www.sram.com/en/service/rocks...D=1&subcatID=8

http://www.sram.com/en/service/rocks...ch_manuals.php

10mb pdf
  • 11-24-2009
    NYrr496
    Thanks again.
  • 12-04-2009
    NYrr496
    Ok... Replaced the internal seals and changed the oil. My fork is silky smooth again. Thanks for the info, guys.
  • 12-13-2009
    Gyumi
    Dear Everyone!

I'm writing from hungary because i have got a problem. Please so i hope you could help for me. :(
    I have a '07 Rock shox revelations 426 dual air fork. I would like to service it.
    I bought a few o-ring ( i thought that these rings same the fork has ) but not. :(
    Do you know what their o-ring's size? If you know that, please write for me...