mtbr member
    Apr 2009

Unhappy with Specialized UK...

I sent this email to customerservice@specialized.com on the 10th May...no response yet...

Dear Sir / Madam,

I am a recent convert to Specialized, having purchased an Enduro Comp 2010, a Command Post and a Devient Helmet 2009 through Banjo Cycles in Newbury, UK in the past few months. However, I feel I have been let down by your customer service.

Firstly, within around two weeks of purchasing my Command Post in February, it developed significant play in the seatpost head. It then rotated on the seatpost shaft. I returned it to Banjo Cycles in March, who then returned it to Specialized. I am still waiting for a replacement approximately two months later!

I then purchased a 2009 Deviant helmet. Upon opening the box, I found that the expanded foam liner was not bonded to the outer shell. Again, I returned this to Banjo cycles, who returned in to Specialized. This was about 3 weeks ago. About a week after I returned it, I was told Specialized would replace the helmet. I spoke to Banjo today, who informed me that a credit note has been raised for the purchase price of the helmet, around 90. This obviously does not allow me to replace the helmet, as the RRP of the 2010 helmet is 120. I am disappointed that I am having to consider purchasing a non-Specialized helmet, as the value of the credit note does not cover a replacement Deviant helmet.

I feel that your customer service in the UK is very slow, and I am especially disappointed with the helmet, as I was hoping to use a Specialized helmet. Is there any possibility you would be able to replace the helmet with the 2010 model, as I would very much like to stick with the Specialized brand.

Regards,

Mike

Am I asking too much for Specialized to replace the helmet I bought? I'm not sure! I'm disappointed that they have not replied. Anyone got any thoughts?

Binghamton '14
    Nov 2009
    Call the Specialized US customer service line, and have them deal with it, get them to pay the phone surcharges too.
    Specialized 05 FSR XC Comp: Modded
    Specialized 08 FSR XC Comp: OEM
    Cannondale M700: In pieces

mtbr member
    May 2009
    what you want to do is contact your nearest sbc concept store and they will sort you out
    btw specialized warranty only takes about 3 working day to come back @UK(if item is in stock), otherwise i assume theres something going on with your local dealer
    p.s. warranty can come back as shop credit as well so if im you i will just contact Banjo cycles
    Custom 08 Swork Stumpy FSR
    Custom Revell 250R Jump/4x/street
    Custom '10 Enduro - "sometimes trail ride turns into freeride"

mtbr member
    I would just call tomarrow (monday) and tell them your story.
    Im sure they are swamped with E-mails. You would think the shop that you bought the items at would deal with it for you?
    Good luck

...idios...
    First of all, the email address you mailed to is for Specialized USA. customerservice@specializeduk(dot)com is the one you want. I emailed Specialized UK last Monday about a replacement chainstay for my SX Trail. Having not heard back by Thursday I called them up and got the info I was after.

To be honest, Banjo Cycles sound a bit flaky and they could probably be a bit more acytive in their efforts to get your post sorted. That said, if you can't get the helmet you want for the money you have, then that's hardly the fault of either Specialized of Banjo Cycles; is it? Why should either company take a 30 hit?

What use is a philosopher who doesn't hurt anybody's feelings? -
    Diogenes

mtbr member
    Don't see your point with the helmet - you returned it, you got your purchase price refunded.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    If you pay 90 for a helmet and get a credit note for 90, I don't see how you can blame Specialized. If you want the 2010 version, your bike shop either make less of a profit on it, like they did getting rid of the 09. They don't really lose out,as they get another sale, they still make money on the 2010, just not as much as if at full price.
    Your bike shop appear a little slack to me. My experience with Specialized UK through my local bike has been fantastic.This includes a crash replacement helmet, back to the shop in 2 days, a saddle that broke, warrantied back to shop next day.
    Previous suspension issues dealt with incredibly quickly and sympathetically.
    I couldn't think more highly ot their customer service.
    I wouldn't mind betting your seatpost has been sat in the workshop of your bike shop for the last two months.
    Just my post in their defence..

However I hope your get all your problems sorted as none are your fault.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    I'd contact them by phone over email. I had a problem with some Roval road wheels and I emailed customer services with details and photos. I then called them the next day at which point they looked at my email and agreed it was a warranty issue, and to return them to my nearset Specialized dealer and it would be sent back etc. I doubt you'll get any joy with the helmet as I guess it was discounted in the shop and no more are available in that design/model year.

mtbr member
    Mike,
    Sorry to hear you have had issues. i don't get on this site as much as i used to, but try to answer what i can. I work in the suspension department at Specialized UK. Banjo have chased your post twice but we have never received it from them, so i'm guessing it has gone walkabout in the post. I believe they have ordered you a replacement which is due into us at the end of the month as we have sold out.

On the helmet side that is customer services, but I know we are out of them at the moment. If you had posted it back your helmet would have been replaced when they would have come in. I believe Banjo sent it back with returns so they would have got a credit as we do not replace unless they require one. It seems there has been a mix up on that one.

I hope that has answered your questions.

Mark
    Home trails Swinley Forest UK

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by madmark
    Mike,
    Sorry to hear you have had issues. i don't get on this site as much as i used to, but try to answer what i can. I work in the suspension department at Specialized UK. Banjo have chased your post twice but we have never received it from them, so i'm guessing it has gone walkabout in the post. I believe they have ordered you a replacement which is due into us at the end of the month as we have sold out.

On the helmet side that is customer services, but I know we are out of them at the moment. If you had posted it back your helmet would have been replaced when they would have come in. I believe Banjo sent it back with returns so they would have got a credit as we do not replace unless they require one. It seems there has been a mix up on that one.

I hope that has answered your questions.

Mark
    Mark,

Thanks for replying. I was PM'd with an email address for someone at Specialized UK. It turns out Banjo didn't send the Command Post back until the last week or so

You're right, a replacement is being sent out soon, which I am happy about

I have also been offered a discount off a 2010 Deviant helmet which again is very good.

Thanks,

Mike

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    Sounds like you need to change the thread title

Members who have read this thread: 0