suspension service return ETA?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

New question here. suspension service return ETA?

if I send my shock back to specialized from the east coast what's the usuall return time? It's an AFR from an 09 enduro that is leaking around the compression/rebound adjuster.
    "I'm the fastest of the slow guys"

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Depends on what day of the week and how fast your dealer gets it sent to service generally a little over a week using 2 day mail each way. In the US have your dealer ask Specialized customer service, if Factory Service Exchange is available your your Specialized suspension component. With this program, service downtime is minimized by trading your component for a freshly serviced component.
    Visit my profile for Links to:

Performance Guarantee, Service, Setup, E150 Maintenance....

mtbr member
    I sent in my E-150 and AFR recently from Alaska. It took a little less than 3 weeks to send them in, have the service and tuning done, and then be sent back.

dog lover-not in that way
    Did the factory service exchange for the AFR on my 08 SJ and got my bike back 3 days later.

Was really surprised.

mtbr member
    I guess this is kind of along the same lines but will they sell shocks? I'd rather not have the bike down since it's the only one I have. I ride over five times a week and it's really hard to barrow other peoples bikes.

jason8265
    Why not look to Fox or someone else to buy a second shock. you may find one you like better if you want to have two.

mtbr member
    Fox uses 12.7mm hardware. This shock uses 12. I really hate to spend extra money on new hardware of I don't have to. And I'm not sure if the shock will be setup right for the bike. Not spending 500$+ on a push shock either.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by chameleoneel
    I sent in my E-150 and AFR recently from Alaska. It took a little less than 3 weeks to send them in, have the service and tuning done, and then be sent back.
    To be clear, this was regarding a voluntary, paid service/custom tune. It was not to fix any defects or broken parts. I imagine stuff like that is a higher priority. A bit frustrating still, because the tune wasn't exactly cheap, even though it was probably a competitive pricing.

when I did the 08 upgrade, the replacement parts arrived to Alaska in 3 days.

Quote Originally Posted by terrible
    Fox uses 12.7mm hardware. This shock uses 12. I really hate to spend extra money on new hardware of I don't have to. And I'm not sure if the shock will be setup right for the bike. Not spending 500$+ on a push shock either.

Cheap option: If you look in the deals section, I posted a thread on a hot deal for the Evolver ISX-6 in the correct size for the Enduro SL. I bought one myself and love it. According to my shop it bolted right on after removing the bushings that come pre-installed in each eye. No extra hardware needed. I've had no reason to double check, its been working great.

mtbr member
    So it's running right on the eye of the shock? I'd rather not do that. Once it wears the shock is trash.

West Chester, PA
    Sep 2006
    I was told you can't send it yourself, the dealer has to do it. God forbid specialized could let someone handle their own shipping for a routine suspension part service. So you have to rely on your dealer to ship it promptly. And you get to pay for shipping even though you still have to get in the car and pick it up from the shop.

Your success will depend largely on the level of cluelessness of your local dealers. As for pricing, good luck with that. Last time I went through it I wasn't able to get a straight answer until I called the 5th dealer, which was a concept store. Most of the others didn't even know what I was asking about.

mtbr member
    I work in the shop so I know it'll be shipped out quick We've never had to have anything serviced by spec only replaced (brain shocks). That stuff was sent to us when a broken one would show up then we would send the broken one back. I really wish they would do that with this enduro shock but it isn't something that happens very often.

mtbr member
    I just received my E150 and FSR back from Specialized in Montreal (I'm a Canuck). They were gone 3 weeks.
    I am a bit suspicious about the FSR servicing because there is still some dirt around the nitrogen charge valve on the FSR. I canít see how they can change the oil without pulling this out. If I paid $80 bucks plus shipping for for a 10-minute air sleeve service, I will be pissed.

mtbr member
    I guess they will send me a new shock (talked to the boss) without me sending them mine first. Should be here early next week.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by terrible
    So it's running right on the eye of the shock? I'd rather not do that. Once it wears the shock is trash.
    what I meant is its using all the same stuff that mounts the AFR. But you have to pull out what comes already stuck in it.

mtbr member
    OH ok that makes more sence. The older enduro's came without bushings in the eyes of the dhx-a shocks. Was never a fan of that.

Members who have read this thread: 0