stolen bike - replacement- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jun 2006

stolen bike - replacement

well last week someone decided to help themselves to my 08 enduro comp. now im looking for a replacement whilst the insurance is sorted out.
    looking at either the 11 enduro or the stumpy fsr elite. type of riding is more xc than am. just after people thoughts on each bike that own them. this weekend spec are holding a ride and try day at ourimbah here in aus near sydney so definetly going to go and try the s works verson of each bike.

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    I have a 2011 Enduro Comp and I do not see it as an XC bike at all. I'd think you would be happy with the Stumpy Elite. I have seen the green one in person and looks amazing. Sorry about the loss, but two great options for a replacement!

Reps in da house.
    I would have to agree with the previous posteeee.... but I would be more than happy to fly to Australia to try out both bikes for you and give you a valuable comparison of the two (I'll just need to get you to buy the airplane tickets because I'm broke!)

Seriously though: Although I have never had the chance to ride in the Land of Oz I would still recommend that you head for the Stumpy. As the 2011 is a better all mountain machine (I M H O) that can climb like a mountain goat instead of the Enduro which feels more like a truck uphill and a DH machine on the way down. Both a very capable, but for more 'All' in your' Mountain' go for the Enduro if you suffer the 'up' for the fun of coming down....

Obviously I would have to choose the Enduro because I feel that working for the downhill is a great way to earn beer at the end of the day.

mtbr member
    I'd say stumpy elite over Enduro. Personally i'd get my shop to order test bike I like the Red/Black way more than the Green/Black

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    thanks for that now can't wait for the weekend to try the sworks version

Members who have read this thread: 0