Specialized Camber or FSR- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    May 2009

Specialized Camber or FSR

Looking to purchase a new bike but not sure which. I'm between a 2010 FSR Comp 29er or wait for the 2011 Camber Elite 29er. If I can get the Comp 29er discounted to the Elite's price would it be a better all around bike? Or should I just wait for the Camber?

My pedals died.
    May 2009
    The Camber is looking to be an extremely nice bike, but surprisingly, I've never tried an FSR, so I dont know how it rides. I'd wait for your LBS to stock some Cambers, then go try em' out and compare (I think theyre coming out August). But if youre just really jonesin to get out on the trails, and you dont wanna risk losing that discount, go for the FSR, as I'm sure you'll have loads on loads of fun on each
    Climb Higher. Descend Further.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Well I was told by one shop it would be September and then another in October. I've got a rigid SS 29er but really ready to get my first FS 29er but want to stay somewhere around the $2k mark. I am just ready to have it today since we ride 3-4 days/week and my impulse is really kickin in since I have my mind set.

I could score an '10 Epic for $2250 OTD, but I'm a clyde and feel I need a bike built not just for racing.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007

Get the Stumpy!!

I have loved mine. I flirt with clydeness, as well. 275 without gear (I can't bear to weigh myself with gear). The bike is phenomenal. I came from a giant reign with 6" of squish and the stumpy feels about the same at soaking up rocks and roots, but with more stability and ability to carve turns ride over anything. People have called me crazy, but I would not do well on an epic. The extra stability and suspension capabilities on the stumpy are well worth it to me. Besides, I have far more important things to think about than a few ounces or a little more flickability, like how to drag my big butt up and over that hill without squashing equipment or coughing up a piece of my liver.

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    The Camber looks quite nice but the FSR is certainly a capable machine.

I've seen one come down the Fort William downhill track. The big jumps were pushing the limits but its still in one piece.

Members who have read this thread: 0