SPECIALIZED Camber Expert 26 Large ?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Feb 2009

SPECIALIZED Camber Expert 26 Large ?

I'm wondering if this large size will be to big for a 5'8" and a 31 inseam. I have a friend of mine that has one and I really like for a good price and upgraded wheels. Can't ride it because he is a few hours away to do it.

I currently have an epic 26 large (2004) and I feel OK, a little stretch but I was planning on getting a shorter stem to fix it.

I would like to buy a modern epic instead of the camber but money doesn't allow to go that way

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Just compared the geometry of the epic and the camber and the top tube is very similar.

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    To the best of my knowledge, the Camber has always been 29. I stand corrected. The Camber started out as a 26er. You really do learn something every day.

For what it's worth, I'm that size and I feel awkward on a large Specialized. You might be able to live with it, but for me, personally, it's the "wrong" size.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    FWIW I'm 5'7'' with a 30" inseam and I owned a small 2011 Camber Expert for a while. I felt perfectly comfortable on it, but also felt fine on the medium. I tend to fit between a small and medium on most bikes. I went with the small, because with the medium I would have preferred a shorter stem...the small felt good with no changes. I also currently own a small Stumpy. I'm gonna say the Large is probably too big for you, but you won't know for sure until you get on it. If you can't test ride before buying, you're taking a huge risk with the size IMO.

JCL
    mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Try it with a 30mm stem and 750mm+ bar. Short wheelbase trail bikes with 70mm stems are dated.