for three!
    Mar 2008

Question about frames

Quick question, is it possible to order frames through specialized that aren't separate 'frames' on the specialized website? Such as if i wanted a frame such as a stumpjumper than only appears a a 'full bike' on their website, can i still order just that frame through the dealer so i can build it up myself? Thanks

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    I would have to say no on that.

for three!
    Mar 2008
    Oh the humanity ><....maybe i'll just raid the specialized factory

mtbr member
    I think your only option is to buy the bike and sell the parts you don't want.

mtbr member
    I think your only option is to buy the bike and sell the parts you don't want.

STEEL IS REAL
    Nov 2008
    Go "postal" on them at the factory and grab a few frames for me, too while you're in there...
    life is... "All About Bikes"...

Fat-tired Roadie
    The Stumpjumper FSR has a couple framesets that appear on the web site - looks like 26" and 29" aluminum and a 26" S-works version. Stumpjumper HT is available in several versions. Did you actually mean a different bike?

Regardless, ask your dealer about it. Rumor has it that some dealers have access to demo bikes and factory blems, some of which are available as frame alone.
    "Don't buy upgrades; ride up grades." -Eddy Merckx

mtbr member
    I feel your pain, I want the stumpy 29er frame in all black but that frame is only available if I buy the 1x10 stumpy complete.
    The funny thing is, it'll show up at my LBS in pieces and will have to be assembled.
    Hardrock 29er, Niner EMD9, Cannondale F29, Camber Expert, 650b Nickel all gone.
    2014 Giant Anthem 27.5 here.

Fat-tired Roadie
    Not entirely true. Most mass production bikes arrive at the shop mostly assembled. The mechanic has to put the wheels on, straighten the handlebars, and give it a tuneup. Probably also put on pedals and saddle. But that's all easy stuff - far from getting a bare frame.
    "Don't buy upgrades; ride up grades." -Eddy Merckx

Members who have read this thread: 0