Pitch Comp & Rock Shox Pike- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Mar 2011

Pitch Comp & Rock Shox Pike

I recently started riding seriously again after about 10 years. I resurrected my old 1997 Rockhopper with Rock Shox Judy XC and while it's still fun, I feel it's a bit dated and I could benefit from some new technology.

I don't really have the cash (or want to spend it) to just go out and buy a $2,000+ bike so I might start trying to piece something together as expendable funds and parts availability allow and keep riding my antique for now. I found a Pitch Comp frame for a decent price so I started looking at those. I see they came with a Pike fork that was manufactured for Specialized specifically. I was looking and it appears that RS no longer makes the Pike? What would be a comparable fork to the pike which would work well on a Pitch? The Reba? Assuming I can't find a used Pike.

Thanks for any guidance.

-Kyle

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    I should clarify that I have not actually purchased a Pitch frame yet, just found one that I was thinking about making an offer on.

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Maybe I answered my own question. Looks like they offer the Pitch with the 'Sektor' fork now.

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    Any fork with 160mm of travel or less and the correct steerer diameter will work. Many people put RockShox Lyriks or Fox Float/Talas 160's on their Pitches as an upgrade.
    2011 Specialized Enduro Comp - Lyrik RC2DH
    Rollin' on 26's

mtbr member
    The Pike was replaced by the Sektor in the RS line up. The older frames were designed around the PIKE fork, so ~518mm A-C height; so anything in that area will be fine. A very common change, as noted above, is to run a 160mm fork (most around 545 A-C) on the bike, and it is covered under warranty with these forks.

My understanding is the Sektor is ~528mm A-C, and would a great "budget" fork for the frame, unless you want to find a used or NOS Pike. Should slack it out a hair, and work great for you.

Members who have read this thread: 0