Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 142021222324
Results 2,301 to 2,344 of 2344
    mtbr member
    May 2017
    Also is $2000 a good price for a 2-month old 2017 Enduro Comp with normal upgrades? (Grips pedals etc.)

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by SnoowMTB View Post
    Looking into buying an Enduro, (2017 Lowest Model 650B)

How does it handle slow speed technical climbs and rock gardens? My local has a bunch of these but still had quick flowy descents, drop offs etc. If it doesn't handle these things well, what would you guys recommend?
    It's a 165mm DH lite bike. So if you can climb through rock gardens with enough speed it will be fine... I think the Enduro has generally been designed to descend, and climbing as a bonus rather than pushing. I read fully like the green comp. Plus it comes with a dropper and Monarch Plus unlike my 14 comp which had no dropper and A CTD shock.

mtbr member
    Mar 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by SnoowMTB View Post
    Looking into buying an Enduro, (2017 Lowest Model 650B)

How does it handle slow speed technical climbs and rock gardens? My local has a bunch of these but still had quick flowy descents, drop offs etc. If it doesn't handle these things well, what would you guys recommend?
    I come from a Specialized Pitch Pro 2011. The Enduro Comp 2017 climb better in medium slopes, but when the trail is very steep the front wheel tends to loose contact with the ground.

mtbr member
    May 2017
    Ok, good to know. Thanks for your input

mtbr member
    May 2017
    Noted, thanks a ton man!

mtbr member
    Mar 2017
    Quick question for those who have changed their wheels from the 142+ hubs to standard 142's.
    I've upgraded to some lovely carbon rims, but now the chainline appears off. In first gear on the back pedal the chain keeps slipping, is this normal due to the change or is there a fix?
    I don't appear to have any adjustment in the bb30 crankset to adjust the chainline in towards the bike.
    Any advice on this would be much appreciated.

mtbr member
    I think you just need to adjust your derailleur high and low limits. And maybe just adjust the cable. That's all I did. The cassette is slightly now more outboard than the stock wheelset position.

mtbr member
    Mar 2017
    Thanks mate. I have adjusted the high position which is where I am having the issues. The cassette seems more towards the hub now, which is why I think I'm having the issue.
    I have been thinking about spacers between the chainring and crank, but this will push the chain/chainring into the chain guide, which doesn't appear to be laterally adjustable.
    I have also contemplated a spacer behind the cassette, but I don't think this will do the engagement of the XD driver much good and could cause premature failure or wear.
    I will have more of a play later today with the tension and stops and see if I can adjust myself out of the issue.
    Thanks for your reply.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Finally got a picture of my bike I can be proud of. Really enjoying this bike even though I stiiiill don't have it dialed in yet. Took it on a 23 mile ride with 4600' of elevation gain (and descent ) Lots of fun to be had.

Official Specialized Enduro Thread-lrm_export_20170708_151606.jpg

mtbr member
    Hello! I have a 09 enduro pro (carbon, campy style headset)
    Iím looking to upgrade my fork and am having an extremely difficult time finding a fork with the right travel to fit the 1-1/8 straight head tube.

My question is if anyone has had success with installing a tapered fork using a 1.5 external lower cup on a carbon enduro?
    Or is there any other options besides holding out until I come across someone selling an old straight tub long travel fork?
    Last edited by desertrider83; 11-19-2017 at 09:08 AM.

mtbr member
    Oct 2016
    Specialized has opened up their "Make it yours" custom program to Enduros now. I did the custom Stumpjumper from earlier this year and am loving it. https://www.specialized.com/us/en/custom-bikes

mtbr member
    Jul 2013

2018 Enduro Pro 6fattie

Got a new rig last week. All stock except changing to Roval Traverse 6fattie carbon rims with DT 350 hubs on both. So far Iím very safisfied. Official Specialized Enduro Thread-d1d3ec6e-363c-42c9-acf2-bef1f33174e8.jpgOfficial Specialized Enduro Thread-2e31707a-0aa1-49ab-8bc7-80bd42dea64f.jpgOfficial Specialized Enduro Thread-ec97da36-be40-47cf-bae6-a2fb621bcefd.jpg

mtbr member
    May 2018

Smile S-Works Enduro Carbon

Decided to sell my 2008 S-Works Enduro Carbon, in superb condition for its age and has always been maintained regardless of cost. I still have the documentation that came with it when new. Never ridden in anger, only light casual stuff. Never crashed or probably ever even dropped. It still has the little hidden toolkit under the carbon bottle cage!
    Not sure what to ask for it...sensible ideas?
    Official Specialized Enduro Thread-12715604_813432502136553_430740958582798512_n.jpg

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by catflap69 View Post
    Decided to sell my 2008 S-Works Enduro Carbon, in superb condition for its age and has always been maintained regardless of cost. I still have the documentation that came with it when new. Never ridden in anger, only light casual stuff. Never crashed or probably ever even dropped. It still has the little hidden toolkit under the carbon bottle cage!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	12715604_813432502136553_430740958582798512_n.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	224.5 KB 
ID:	1200999
    I bought a used 2014 S-Works Enduro that was in excellent conditions for $3,000 in December, 2016. I'd be surprised if you find someone willing to pay over $1,800 for it. It might be in excellent shape, but I think the market currently has many Value For Money options that would make better sense for anyone investing more than $2,000, unless that person is a collector looking for this bike.

Good luck, man!

Sent from my SM-G900M using Tapatalk

mtbr member

Official Specialized Enduro Thread

Quote Originally Posted by catflap69 View Post

Name:	12715604_813432502136553_430740958582798512_n.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	224.5 KB 
ID:	1200999
    Start at $1200. Accept $1000.
    Just random guess based off its age.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    I am interested in buying the rear triangle for a 2013-2016 Enduro 29'er.
    I need the seat stay the most but would like the whole thing.

If anyone has one laying around from an otherwise decrepit frame, or you have a frame for sale that for some reason wouldn't normally command full market price, PM me please.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    I haven't posted here in a long time... But here is the current state of my Enduro, bought it new in 2009 and have changed just about everything on it.

I'm starting to toy with the idea of getting a 2015 Enduro Evo, buy it used, but I just can't seem to part ways with this bike. It's either that or I send the suspension to Fox and Push for some service to get them back to new. Not sure whether to do that or put the money into a new bike.

I've owned it for 9 years and over 5k miles according to my odometer, including 4 seasons worth of races. It's hard to part ways. But I figured id share this with everyone.

Official Specialized Enduro Thread-20171104_115837.jpg
    08 Enduro: '12 Van RC2, Push DHX 5 coil, Flow EX, Hope m4, 750mm bar, Blacklite Post.

Website
    http://all-mtn.com/

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by camarosam View Post
    I'm starting to toy with the idea of getting a 2015 Enduro Evo, buy it used, but I just can't seem to part ways with this bike.
    Love it. About the only thing newer bikes have on that is weight. Tapered steerers and less burly builds have dropped the weight. Ride it into the ground.

mtbr member
    Jul 2018

2012 Specialized Enduro Comp

Hi! I'm new here on mtbr but not new to mountain biking.

So I've been thinking about getting back into riding after a 5 year hiatus.

For the past week or so I've been looking at bikes and there's one particular bike that has caught my attention. It's a used 2012 Specialized Enduro Comp.

Why this particular bike has caught my eye is because; 1) I really love the design of the frame, 2) The current owner has taken really good care of the bike, 3) He has done some decent upgrades to the bike, and 4) the price is reasonable (MYR 3,500 which is about $870USD)..and also it happens to be in my size (Small) which is a bonus.

Now, my concern is should I get this bike due to the fact that it's over 5 years old and it's still on 26" wheels? Would I be missing out a lot by not getting the newer bikes with 27.5 and above sized wheels? For the record I've never ridden a 27.5/29er bikes.

Below are the current specs of the Enduro Comp and a photo of the bike:

Size: S
    Handlebar: Sunline 20mm riser
    Stem: Thomson 50mm
    Rotor: Avid F 203mm / R 180mm
    Fork: Rockshox Lyrik 160mm
    Rear Shock: Fox RP2
    Cassette: 10 speed SRAM XO
    Shifter: SRAM XO
    RD: SRAM XO
    Crank: Raceface
    Rim: ZTR Flow EX
    Tyre: Front Specialized Butcher 2.3" / Rear Specialized Purgatory 2.2"
    Chainring: Praxisworks NW 32t
    Saddle post: Thomson
    Hub: Hope pro evo 2
    Brakes: Shimano XT

So to repeat my question..is a used 2012 Specialized Enduro Comp with the above mentioned specs worth buying at its' asking price of around $870USD?
    Last edited by shreyder; 07-06-2018 at 03:22 AM.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    In my opinion, yes it is.

This is a great bike and more of an all rounder than the enduro is these days. I had the 2011 S Works version in XL, which is the same frame design. It served me well but eventually cracked at the BB/Seat tube junction after a hard life being treated like a DH bike at times. I doubt the Ali framed Comp version will suffer from the same issue. A good thing about these bikes is that the geo is more up to date than some of the later iterations. My XL had decent reach of 477mm and the HTA of 66.5 struck a good balance with ample front end grip without having to move around the bike too much. As long as the shock and fork are up to scratch, I don't think you can go wrong.

mtbr member
    Jul 2018
    Thank you for your feedback, really appreciate it. Yeah i agree with what u said, the bikeís geometry is another big plus as it is very similar to the current ďall mountainĒ bikes/framesetsí geometry. I also think that these older generations of enduroís look better than the current ones hehe.

Since I will be using it mainly for weekend rides on singletrack, trail parks and some DH..I guess the 26Ē wheels will be good enough? I donít really care for the 3-5 seconds faster times the 27.5/29Ē wheels will provide.

Again really apreciate your feedback..although I could use a few more opinions from current and former owners of these bikes before I make the purchase.

monster member

Real Enduro

You guys and your fancy schmanzy new bikes... here's a REAL Enduro! :-)
    Had this bike since new in 2001 and loved it. Saddle, crankset, wheels and forks were still original, which I think is cool. But alas, a Super D I entered last fall '17 was in really cold weather, and that finally killed the old forks and rear shock. Neither are very servicable any more as far as replacement seals, etc., so it's finally retired. It's been a great bike!
    Official Specialized Enduro Thread-specialized-enduro-expert-fsr.jpg

btw, this pic was while at Dirt Rag's Dirtfest 2017.
    Have fun!

mtbr member
    Anyone have a small carbon enduro for sale? I am looking for a 2016 but would consider anything 2013 and newer.
    Thanks
    Looking for a Medium Scott Scale frame, preferably a 2012 in 26.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wheelspeed View Post
    You guys and your fancy schmanzy new bikes... here's a REAL Enduro! :-)
    Had this bike since new in 2001 and loved it. Saddle, crankset, wheels and forks were still original, which I think is cool. But alas, a Super D I entered last fall '17 was in really cold weather, and that finally killed the old forks and rear shock. Neither are very servicable any more as far as replacement seals, etc., so it's finally retired. It's been a great bike!

Name:	Specialized Enduro Expert FSR.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	171.6 KB 
ID:	1206984

btw, this pic was while at Dirt Rag's Dirtfest 2017.
    Ah man, don't give up on that thing. Just replace the fork and shock.
    Looking for a Medium Scott Scale frame, preferably a 2012 in 26.

mtbr member
    Looking for a large carbon Enduro 29 frame.
    LMK if you know of one for sale.
    thnx

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Finally got my shock link from Specialized. Install super easy and set it up in the low setting, and now all I need is the temperature outside to go down so I get in a ride see how it rides and if I can feel the difference or not. Now a 1/2 a degree doesn't sound like much, but is set up properly, it can be. The lowering of the bottom bracket by 8mm should lower the center of gravity for a better feel on corners. Anyone using one have any feed back?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Anyone know when the Enduro 2019 colours will hit the shops?
    I'm keen on the Elite but don't really want a pink bike!

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    nothing has been released yet... hoping for something special during CW

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Cw?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by richt2000 View Post
    Cw?
    Perhaps Crankworx Whistler (Aug 10-19)? Figure his name was a clue.

Quote Originally Posted by bridgestone14 View Post
    Ah man, don't give up on that thing. Just replace the fork and shock.
    Stunned me seeing how close its front wheel was to the cranks. That's a big turn off in my book, for anything gravity worthy. Guess they really didn't become "ahead of their time" with geo until the SX models.

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    Hey guys...can anybody steer me in the right direction with fitting a 2018 specialized spec float x2 to a 2016 Enduro comp? Will it fit without contact issues and also torque specs for the linkage etc. having a hard time finding any info...thanks!

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    It'll fit no problem. The 2016 link can be mounted up or down. The 2017 can only be mounted one way.

As far as torque specs. Go to spec's site and then click the bike archive and you should be able to get your owners manual with all the torque specs.

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    Awesome! Thanks so much for the info Dude...I really appreciate it.

mtbr member
    I don't think that's completely correct. The rear end of the 17/18 shocks are the same as before (where you connect the yoke), but the front mounting reducers have changed. 17/18 is 19mm wide, prior is 22mm wide I believe (same ID). So with an '18 shock you'll need different reducers up front to put it on a '16 bike. Or the ghetto fix, add some nylon washers from the HW store...

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    Iíll definitely check into that. I see that fox has many different shock hardware packages so if thatís the case Iíd just pick up the 22mm one correct? Iíve always wrenched on all my bikes but this is the first time tackling rear shocks and linkages etc so Thanks so much for the help!

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by jimw View Post
    I don't think that's completely correct. The rear end of the 17/18 shocks are the same as before (where you connect the yoke), but the front mounting reducers have changed. 17/18 is 19mm wide, prior is 22mm wide I believe (same ID). So with an '18 shock you'll need different reducers up front to put it on a '16 bike. Or the ghetto fix, add some nylon washers from the HW store...
    You are correct the shock hardware has changed I forgot. But is readily available for less than 10.00 bucks. Check worldwidecyclery, Art's or ebay.

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    So would that be the shock hardware that measures (21.8mm) on the package cause that actually came with the shock. Really appreciate all your guys help

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    How would a 2016 S-Works compare to the most recent models?

Reviews make it seem like they are super outdated. Is it really that big of a difference?

Going on Ebay it looks like they are going about $2700 but I have one lined up for a little less. Would a be better served spending an extra grand for modern geometry?

mtbr member
    Jul 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by 2252B View Post

Reviews make it seem like they are super outdated. Is it really that big of a difference?

Going on Ebay it looks like they are going about $2700 but I have one lined up for a little less. Would a be better served spending an extra grand for modern geometry?
    Their a nice all all arounder, I had a 2015 and now a 2017. The 15 was a better daily driver. My 17 is for sale if interested

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Jul 2011

I had the Gen 1 enduro with a pike and DB inline IL. It's a great all rounder. I have an 18' enduro with a Fox 36 and X2. It's a much more capable descender but is not as lively on rolling terrain as the original. I also have the 19' stumpy ST which is almost as capable as the original enduro.

mtbr member
    Looking for a 2017 size large carbon Enduro 29 - frame only.
    LMK if you know of one for sale.
    thnx

mtbr member
    Surprised no one responded to your request months ago. Those L Enduros must be keepers, though I'm not surprised. They're very well dialed. Figured with all the new bikes coming out, someone might've gotten an itch and wanted to appease the curiosity, considering the E29 beat them to the game years ago.

Wouldn't be surprised if people try offering you mediums though, considering they're not as dialed in the smaller sizes.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012

Geo and fit is completely different. The 2018 is way longer reach than 2016. 2017 was inbetweener year where size didnt change much but angles did.

mtbr member
    Oct 2018
    Can anyone help?
    I'm searching for 60mm stem for my E150,
    any help or info will be great. TY

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 142021222324

Members who have read this thread: 193