Need some help with components to build my hard tail 29er comp!- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Aug 2012

Caution;  Merge;  Workers Ahead! Need some help with components to build my hard tail 29er comp!

Hey guy, i just recently get 2011 specialized ST 29er comp frame, and i want to build it with x9 components, this bike gone be 2 by 10. The components that i consider so far Sram X9 Red 2 x 10 Crankset 175mm 28-42 with bb30 NIB and SRAM X9 Rear Derailleurs 10sp, what kind x9 front derailleurs that would be good for this 2 components?
    what is Compatibility should i use 38t or 42t?

mtbr member
    THe FD you need is not specific to 42 or 38t. You need a high mount toppull FD with 34.9 clamp. Just choose the x.9, it will work just fine.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by S-Worker View Post
    THe FD you need is not specific to 42 or 38t. You need a high mount toppull FD with 34.9 clamp. Just choose the x.9, it will work just fine.
    would this parts work fine SRAM X9 2x10sp High Clamp Front Mech or SRAM X0 2x10sp High Direct Front Mech?
    Last edited by KennyGT; 01-11-2013 at 11:24 PM.

mtbr member
    The X.0 seems to be a direct mount FD considering the term "direct" in its name. So no, this one would`t fit.
    The X.9 is fine as long as you take the toppull version for cables coming from the top tube downwards. There is also a downpull for bikes where the cable is routed from the bottom. And the clamp diameter must bei 34.9.

Correction: the FD is dualpull so don`t worry about this. It will fit anyway as long as it has a 34.9 clamp. See here in a german onlinestore. The picture is wrong as written in the description. It shows a low clamp!!

Bike 24

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    yes i just find out too that it was dual pull, and let me ask you something,
    i was thinking to build this bike with 100mm fork but the stock fork with the bike is only 80mm of travel, should stick with 80mm or 100mm of travel?what is a good choice?

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Kenny GT I have sent you a PM about some components you might be interested in.
    jscot111

Members who have read this thread: 0