Help with determining Hardrock hanger size- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jul 2012

Help with determining Hardrock hanger size

I have a Hardrock sport but I'm not sure what YEAR it is. I tried to do a serial number lookup but didnt get very far. I was hoping if someone here could help me determine what hanger size I need to buy for this bike?

I'm shopping here for the hangers:
    Specialized Derailleur Hangers

Here are some photos of the bike and rear. The current hanger was broken by the previous owner so I dont know what size it was.

Any help would be appreciated.

Pale Rider
    It looks like your bike may be an '06 model possibly '07. Which per the link you posted Hanger #65 should work. I see it has RST Gila forks, those were on the bikes prior to the 08 models. If the fork saysT5 it's an 05 model (though the frame doesn't appear to be) T6 it's an '06, T7 it's an '07 model. I hope this helps you in some way.
    With my goldfish shorts swimming around my toes.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Thanks for that info. I believe its a 2006.

I had another question please. On the seatpost, I am missing one of the brackets that holds the seat. would anyone know where i could purchase one of these? Anyone know what its called?

Thanks again

Pale Rider
    Take it to your LBS, they can help you with the seat clamp. They might have that same type laying around in the back. If not they can order you the correct part.
    With my goldfish shorts swimming around my toes.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Well I took it to the LBS and they are saying its not possible to buy just that part, unless I go directly through specialized. Since I'm pretty close to their HQ, I'm thinking about giving them a call...

Members who have read this thread: 0