Got the Call.....(29er Call)- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Dec 2008

Got the Call.....(29er Call)

Got the call from my LBS that my Stumpjumper FSR Expert Carbon 29 is due to ship next week. I'll post pics as soon as I can.

Shout out to Patapsco Bike & Sport for the awesome news and ALWAYS taking care of me!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Motolite_Mofo View Post
    Got the call from my LBS that my Stumpjumper FSR Expert Carbon 29 is due to ship next week. I'll post pics as soon as I can.

Shout out to Patapsco Bike & Sport for the awesome news and ALWAYS taking care of me!
    You better let me ride it since I shop there too!!!

mtbr member
    Dec 2008

Deal.......

Quote Originally Posted by Stumpjumper61 View Post
    You better let me ride it since I shop there too!!!
    Ha! You got it..... we'll have to hook up and hit the woods with it. Parking lot rides are boring.

So stoked!

SXtreem now
    We will deffinatly need a ride report on this bike. I have had one on order for months too, but still can't make a final decision if I want it or not.

mtbr member

Got a call yesterday also about my 2012 Stumpy Expert Carbon 29er will be in my hands on monday. I about crapped myself as it was suppose to be late December before I got it. I am uber-stoked
    Tie two birds together and though they have four wings, they cannot fly!

mtbr member

Same here

Got a call about my epic expert 29er shipping out monday. Any body wanna buy a carbon comp 29er ht, i can throw in some stains crests

mtbr member
    Dec 2008

Pictures....Pictures....Pictures...

Quote Originally Posted by tsefreeflow View Post
    Got a call yesterday also about my 2012 Stumpy Expert Carbon 29er will be in my hands on monday. I about crapped myself as it was suppose to be late December before I got it. I am uber-stoked
    I stopped in my LBS yesterday and they said the bike will be delivered on Tuesday! I'll post up some pics once it gets built.

mtbr member
    Here she is (yes I am whoring her out already )
    Ignore the pedals, they are loaners from another bike till my new ones come in.
    All the pictures can be seen in this thread (post #115): https://forums.mtbr.com/specialized/...-735423-3.html

SXtreem now
    Damn good looking bike! What size and how much did it weigh in at?

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Nice!!

mtbr member
    I stopped in my LBS yesterday and they said the bike will be delivered on Tuesday! I'll post up some pics once it gets built.
    I saw your bike tonight, looks really nice, Dan was working on the Command Post. I want one now...

mtbr member
    Dec 2008

Expert Carbon 29.....Ride Report

Ride Report....Finally!

Where to begin... Wow!

This bike kicks a$$ in that IMO erases the line between the 26 and 29 platform. The ride characteristics between this bike and my Titus Moto-lite are indiscernible. My initial reaction to riding the bike for the very first time was that it felt "familiar" in that the geometry, accelerating, braking, handling etc. was very much the same as my Titus ML. The obvious benefits of the larger wheel were noticed but my position on the bike was very natural and neutral. No problems in lifting the front wheel or bunny hopping obstacles. (other than I suck at Bunny Hopping) I had new bike energy day-1 and the StumpJumper reacted like it was shot out of a cannon. I've owned a RIP-9 and Ellsworth Evolve but they never made me feel like parting ways with the Moto-Lite and I don't know that the SJ will either as I feel both wheel formats have their strengths and weakness's but I will say the SJ-Expert 29er has made the choice of which platform to ride easier as I can't perceive a difference anymore so the new bike wins out! This bike has been 30 years in the making and I can say without a doubt that Specialized has created a winner here. It is an absolute blast to ride.....Awesome Bike!

Few observations:

Stock handlebars were not cutting it for me. I replaced them with FSA Gravity DH low rise bars and wow....what a change in control.

Upgraded the FD and Shifter Pods to XO. Flawless shifting!

Changed F & R rotors to a size I feel comfortable with....F-180 & R-160. The stock 203 on the front is a WHOLE lot of brake and maybe for bigger riders necessary and the 180 on the rear is overkill IMO.

Had my LBS upgrade the front fork to RLC damper from RL and its worth the upgrade just for the tuning capabilities plus, it's cheaper than a new fork.

Autosag- Works as advertised but I will say that a pound or two of air pressure either way can make all the difference in the world. Your cheating yourself if you don't experiment with the suspension adjustments. Your perfect ride is just a click/ pound or two away....find it!

FSR - Yep, I'm biased alright as my Moto-Lite is an FSR suspension and I'll stand by my opinion in that ALL other suspensions are compared to the FSR and that's for a reason. It's the best! This version is only better and it continues to evolve through new technology.

Specialized Tires - Digging them for the Mid-Atlantic Region. Ground Control is my new favorite rear tire!

Roval Wheels - Nice! Engagement is good and they seem plenty stiff.

Large Frame 28lbs with XTR pedals.

Last but not least....My LBS (Patapsco Bike and Sport - Get Outside!) is flat out awesome to deal with. They go above and beyond great customer service. If I had a concern or issue it was handled promptly and to my 100% satisfaction. If your in Maryland and looking for a great shop (awesome wrench too) please check them out....you won't be disappointed.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Got the Call.....(29er Call)-img_0246.jpg  

Got the Call.....(29er Call)-img_0247.jpg  

Got the Call.....(29er Call)-img_0248.jpg  

Got the Call.....(29er Call)-img_0249.jpg  

mtbr member
    Yeah looks sweet. I dont know why a $5k+ bike would come with the RL and not RLC fork. The low speed comression is a big plus, but was forced not to have it. Still love the bike and the best I've ever ridden, but they should have upped a few components in my opinion.

SXtreem now
    How much did the RLC upgrade run you?

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    I'd like to throw an rlc on my stumpy evo HT, I feel the extra adjustability is def. worth it!!
    '14 Yeti SB95c--Pike'd

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by RMXtreem View Post
    How much did the RLC upgrade run you?
    The upgrade was around $325 +/- and I can tell you that it was worth every penny. You can work it through your local LBS or contact Push. I can't say enough good things about Push.

mtbr'er
    The upgrade was around $325 +/- and I can tell you that it was worth every penny. You can work it through your local LBS or contact Push. I can't say enough good things about Push.
    So did they ship your bike out with the RLC fork from specialized, or did they have PUSH convert the RL to RLC on the existing fork? I have considered this as an option and fortunately enough for me, PUSH is within riding distance for me

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by 00XJCO View Post
    So did they ship your bike out with the RLC fork from specialized, or did they have PUSH convert the RL to RLC on the existing fork? I have considered this as an option and fortunately enough for me, PUSH is within riding distance for me
    No, the LBS did the upgrade as the bought the RLC-FIT Damper directly from Fox. Push can definitely do the service but I think you'll need to take them the fork. Well worth the money IMO.