mtbr member
    Jun 2007

FSR rim or Epic Expert

I have a chance to buy one or the other. The epic is last years demo bike and i'll be getting it for the price of the FSR rim or for a hundo or 2 more. My question is I'm 235 and told that the fsr is more of a all mountain than the epic. Is that true? Which bike would suit my weight a little better. Obviously the epic is spec'd WAY nicer. If I go w/ the FSR i'm swapping out my hydro's from my present bike.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Epic

No question.
    Visiting St george/Hurricane? Stay at my vacation rental. Discounts for MTB's

http://www.vrbo.com/392904

PM me

Big Gulps, Alright!
    Do the Epic.....

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    I talked to the lbs today and the epic is 200 more than what I have. But I'm 99% sure I'm going to spring the extra scratch for it and just do it. I mean I'm going to get it for about 1400 under retail and still get the lifetime warrenty on the frame, lifetime free adjustments(even though I do 90% of them myself) but will be helpful till I learn how to dial the suspention in, or if I just get lazy. So I think i'm going for it. Plus after this I won't need to buy a bike for a few years.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    So your getting the Expert demo for what-1200-1500? '07 model? Sounds nice.
    Yeah I'd go for the Epic. You can set the suspension for your weight pretty easy. Epic is a tough little bike.

Big Gulps, Alright!
    The components on the Epic are just going to be sooooo much better than the FSR XC. And the opportunity to acquire an Epic for only $200 more is a rare one....

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    if the epic is only 200 more i wouldnt even think about, the epic and stumpjumper are almost 2000 more than the xc where i live, i know they are a little lighter have nicer componants etc but for the price difference i had to go with the xc, plus its an 07 which has a better spec than any other year

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    went w/ the epic. It was 1443.?? after tax. Totally happy w/ it. Plus I love the orange that only demo's came in.

Members who have read this thread: 0