Epic FS 2021 on-way? - Page 3- Mtbr.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Uk only gets frame only option on the SW Epic Evo, no complete bike.
    Probably the best option and can certainly build one under the complete bike price by shopping around for the the parts you want. Wish it was the yellow one though

keb
    mtbr member
    Jul 2017
    Anybody knows whereís the rear brake hose port? Iíve seen that the eliminated the port on the upper part of the down tube? Whereís the new internal brake hose routing?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by keb View Post
    Anybody knows whereís the rear brake hose port? Iíve seen that the eliminated the port on the upper part of the down tube? Whereís the new internal brake hose routing?
    same place, upper non-drive side of the head tube. Looks like they have eliminated the drive side routing so there are 3 ports on the non-drive side for rear brake, rd and dropper it seems.

keb
    mtbr member
    Jul 2017
    Hi, mfa81. Iím sorry, I wasnít clear enough. I know about the entry port. However I am wondering about the exit port -2018-2020 epics have an exit port just bellow watter bottle cage on the downtube. This exit port does not exist anymore in 2021 model. Does the rear brake hose go through bottom bracket area into the chainstay or is the exit port somewhere else?

mtbr member
    Jun 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by keb View Post
    Hi, mfa81. Iím sorry, I wasnít clear enough. I know about the entry port. However I am wondering about the exit port -2018-2020 epics have an exit port just bellow watter bottle cage on the downtube. This exit port does not exist anymore in 2021 model. Does the rear brake hose go through bottom bracket area into the chainstay or is the exit port somewhere else?
    The brake hose and shifter cable go over the BB and into the stays. There's a rubber boot filling the gap between the stays and the seat tube. Nice and neat! The stays have cable guides preinstalled.

Epic FS 2021 on-way?-img_7587.jpg

mtbr member
    Jun 2017
    I picked up a medium satin carbon frameset today. Frame weighs 1900g out of the box (no collar, no axle). Forks weigh 1464g uncut.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Epic FS 2021 on-way?-img_7585.jpg  

mtbr member
    Dec 2016
    Thinking about a EVO frameset. Being 6.1ft or 6ī1.2" (186cm) with long legs. Should I aim for XL or L..? I guess I'm right between the sizes and the seat post on the L should just be long enough for me.

Being on a XL Top Fuel (my 2018) currently with 70mm stem.

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by t.stanley27 View Post
    Just picked up my Expert Evo in Satin Cast Blue.
    Would you mind sharing a pic so we can see how the color looks like in real life?

mtbr member
    Sep 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by S-Works Boy View Post
    I picked up a medium satin carbon frameset today. Frame weighs 1900g out of the box (no collar, no axle). Forks weigh 1464g uncut.
    They said it was 1800gr right?

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by GT87 View Post
    it's effectively a linkage driven single pivot. I can promise you that the chainstays were not engineered to flex, and that the flex is taking place in the seatstays

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk
    Yeah, makes sense. Thanks for the correction. I understand why it's a single pivot now.

mtbr member
    Jun 2020
    Quote Originally Posted by markus_krk View Post
    Would you mind sharing a pic so we can see how the color looks like in real life?
    Here you go. 1st picture is right outside the LBS. Second is after a quick cleanup.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Epic FS 2021 on-way?-img_7069.jpg  

Epic FS 2021 on-way?-190bfc9f-26a4-4dd7-b26e-6f566d130e8c.jpg  

mtbr member
    Mar 2020
    That blue looks pretty nice!

Orange Bikes USA Dealer
    Quote Originally Posted by kriedel View Post
    You are also missing about 2lbs of weight.
    I was going to order the Ranger then saw the 2 pounds I'd be carrying around. For my trails that was a deal breaker.

My S-works Evo frameset should be here at the end of July.
    by Silentfoe
    I'm satisfied knowing that what I wear during my "day" job makes me more of a man than you'll ever be.

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    Imm really looking forward to see some XL frame... If u find any please post it

Enviado desde mi SM-N975F mediante Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Jun 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by hgw20 View Post
    Imm really looking forward to see some XL frame... If u find any please post it

Enviado desde mi SM-N975F mediante Tapatalk
    https://youtu.be/ed7iVD5JalY
    There you go!

mtbr member
    May 2020
    Here you go. 1st picture is right outside the LBS. Second is after a quick cleanup.
    It looks great. Did you get a weight on it?

BTW, I used to live around the corner from that shop.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Just pulled the trigger today on a large moss green Epic S-Works EVO frame to replace my Yeti SB100. Already got a tracking # so have to round up a few more parts that I am not swapping over. I had never owned a Specialized until getting an epic hardtail comp a month ago and stripping all the parts off and building it up more high end. Still waiting on a couple things for that bike before its maiden ride and already grabbed my second Specialized before a ride on the first. Just was really impressed with the quality of the hardtail that when I saw the geometry and weight of the epic EVO I couldn't resist. I don't see myself having any regrets since the epic hardtail will come in well under 20lbs and the EVO should be under 22. Will post pics and ride review once its together.
    2021 Specialized S-works epic EVO
    2020 Specialized epic hardtail

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by GT87 View Post
    it's effectively a linkage driven single pivot. I can promise you that the chainstays were not engineered to flex, and that the flex is taking place in the seatstays

A scalpel flexes in the chain stays, but yes the epic is in the seat stays which is why
    the brake caliper was moved to the chain stay.

mtbr member
    Jun 2020
    Quote Originally Posted by Fraction View Post
    It looks great. Did you get a weight on it?

BTW, I used to live around the corner from that shop.
    According to my bathroom scale, it weights 25.1lbs with my Shimano PD-M8100 pedals installed. My bike is a size Medium. It feels much lighter than 25lbs though.

Orange Bikes USA Dealer
    Anyone know the shock hardware dimensions, or how to find out what they are?

Going to install my Ohlins suspension and want to have the correct hardware before my frame comes.
    by Silentfoe
    I'm satisfied knowing that what I wear during my "day" job makes me more of a man than you'll ever be.

mtbr member
    Jul 2017
    So if your going to race. Then the epic is a great bike and the brain must function for it to work as a package.

going to have to read up on the evo though. Because its a pretty simple back end.

Im no hater. Got two spec in the garage now.

thoughts

mtbr member
    May 2005

Hereís the weigh in with crankbrothers pedals

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Jun 2017
    Just some notes on a parking lot, grassy hill test ride on the Expert Epic and EVO Comp. The Brain is still the brain, you can feel it supporting and tugging and knocking but it is more smooth and firm as others had said. I'm an XL rider who had the last gen Epic but felt it didn't support well enough for larger riders. The bike felt very balanced in what it wanted to do --great on hard flat efforts, turning, up and over landscaping islands. Felt like it wanted to go fast, like some hover craft but would be ready if things got rough. EVO does tip the scales toward feeling like a trail bike. So if that is what you are coming from, it will have that familiar feel. Obviously light and responsive but you do start to get that slack wheel flop feel a bit turning in flat areas. All colors I saw, looked a bit better than they do online. There appears to be only be 3 internal cable slots in the head tube, so those wanting a remote on the EVO will need AXS or figure out an answer to that fourth cable route.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Just some notes on a parking lot, grassy hill test ride on the Expert Epic and EVO Comp. The Brain is still the brain, you can feel it supporting and tugging and knocking but it is more smooth and firm as others had said. I'm an XL rider who had the last gen Epic but felt it didn't support well enough for larger riders. The bike felt very balanced in what it wanted to do --great on hard flat efforts, turning, up and over landscaping islands. Felt like it wanted to go fast, like some hover craft but would be ready if things got rough. EVO does tip the scales toward feeling like a trail bike. So if that is what you are coming from, it will have that familiar. Obviously light and responsive but you do start to get that slack wheel flop feel a bit turning in flat areas. This would be an advantage once you start going down of course. All colors I saw, looked a bit better than they do online, and there appears to be only be 3 internal cable slots, so those wanting a remote on the EVO may have some difficulty if you are not on AXS to fit all 4 cables.
    How would the remote lockout cable come out from the frame? Is there a hole for that? (I might have missed this information in the last couple of days)

mtbr member
    Jun 2020
    Quote Originally Posted by gapriderz View Post

Congrats!! What size frame is your bike?

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    To those that have picked up their bikes, have you noticed any downside to the new geometry? Does it handle noticeably different on flat turns or at low speed?

If changes are "give and take," and the bike was designed to "give" more on descents and rough terrain, I am wondering where it might lag behind the old geometry - if noticable at all.

mtbr member
    May 2020
    Just some notes on a parking lot, grassy hill test ride on the Expert Epic and EVO Comp. The Brain is still the brain, you can feel it supporting and tugging and knocking but it is more smooth and firm as others had said. I'm an XL rider who had the last gen Epic but felt it didn't support well enough for larger riders. The bike felt very balanced in what it wanted to do --great on hard flat efforts, turning, up and over landscaping islands. Felt like it wanted to go fast, like some hover craft but would be ready if things got rough. EVO does tip the scales toward feeling like a trail bike. So if that is what you are coming from, it will have that familiar feel. Obviously light and responsive but you do start to get that slack wheel flop feel a bit turning in flat areas. All colors I saw, looked a bit better than they do online. There appears to be only be 3 internal cable slots in the head tube, so those wanting a remote on the EVO will need AXS or figure out an answer to that fourth cable route.
    How much plusher was the EVO's rear suspension compared to the race Epic?

mtbr member
    Dec 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by gapriderz View Post

Evo Expert? Anyone know the weight of the Evo Comp?

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Congrats!! What size frame is your bike?
    Thanks! Itís a medium.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by tick_magnet View Post
    Yes, itís an evo Expert. My guess on Comp would be 26-27lbs. Itís still not bad for that price range.

mtbr member
    Jun 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Fraction View Post
    How much plusher was the EVO's rear suspension compared to the race Epic?
    A bunch. Though that was just with a basic air adjust to my weight on each bike and other people are saying to run the brain below recommended pressure to get the most out of it.

mtbr member

Epic FS 2021 on-way?

Quote Originally Posted by lampee View Post
    How would the remote lockout cable come out from the frame? Is there a hole for that? (I might have missed this information in the last couple of days)
    Yeah, I would love confirmation from others that EVO has a hole next to shock for remote lockout. Thanks!

'15 Spesh Epic World Cup
    '16 Spesh Crux
    '17 Spesh Epic HT

LCW
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by S-Works Boy View Post
    What fork you going to run?

Santa Cruz Tallboy 4

mtbr member
    Jun 2020
    Quote Originally Posted by Pegleg81 View Post
    Yeah, I would love confirmation from others that EVO has a hole next to shock for remote lockout. Thanks!

Yes there is hole for a remote locker next to the rear shock.

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    You must be my double exact same height with long legs! In between sizes on nearly all bikes l/XL.

I emailed specialized and also did the online calculator on the specialized website and both came back as Large. However looking on the Facebook pages of Curtis Keene and Cody Kelley they both appear to have XL evo's. I think they are both slightly shorter than us.

My saddle height is normally approx 800mm from centre of BB to top of saddle. Which means I need lots of stack to get comfortable or the saddle is way higher than the bars and I'm stretched out to far. I would need to try one for size before committing which is easier said than don in the UK seems like no shops have them here yet.

mtbr member
    Dec 2016
    Anyone know the largest chainring the frame can accommodate?

mtbr member
    Dec 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by rick123 View Post
    You must be my double exact same height with long legs! In between sizes on nearly all bikes l/XL.

I emailed specialized and also did the online calculator on the specialized website and both came back as Large. However looking on the Facebook pages of Curtis Keene and Cody Kelley they both appear to have XL evo's. I think they are both slightly shorter than us.

My saddle height is normally approx 800mm from centre of BB to top of saddle. Which means I need lots of stack to get comfortable or the saddle is way higher than the bars and I'm stretched out to far. I would need to try one for size before committing which is easier said than don in the UK seems like no shops have them here yet.
    :-) Yes we are very close in measurement. I have my saddle at 805 - 810 depending on shoes and pedals. I'm also in the same boat, no possibility to try out different sizes here.. or at least in the timeframe before every Sworks frameset is sold out.

I took the "risk" and ordered the xl. It will take some time before I get it so no reports in some time, but I'll let you know when it's finished.

My base plan: EVO xl in high chip mode, 120mm SID 35 Ultimate, AXS / XTR mix, XTR breaks, Duke Lucky Jacks 6ters wheels, stem hopefully 60-65mm with no spacers. Should be sub 10kg without dropper and 10,3 with axs dropper.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by fatcamper View Post
    To those that have picked up their bikes, have you noticed any downside to the new geometry? Does it handle noticeably different on flat turns or at low speed?

If changes are "give and take," and the bike was designed to "give" more on descents and rough terrain, I am wondering where it might lag behind the old geometry - if noticable at all.
    No experience with the Epic/Evo, but going from old school to the new school setups you will have to be more over the front end of the bike. It will ultimately turn better, but it may take a few weeks to adjust. Recommend practicing on low grip flat or off camber corners. Something like DG paths work great to figure it out.

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    I'm going to order a Large today, but I'm conflicted on Expert vs. Pro. Bike radar listed a Large Pro at 10.0kg. I have very few complaints with modern mechanical shifting, but if the weight difference is too large I think I can justify to myself the need to spend more.

Does anyone have a rough idea of how much more to expect the Expert to weigh? Also, is the only difference in the forks the location of the Brain fade adjuster (top v. bottom)?

mtbr member
    Jun 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by aland33 View Post
    :-) Yes we are very close in measurement. I have my saddle at 805 - 810 depending on shoes and pedals. I'm also in the same boat, no possibility to try out different sizes here.. or at least in the timeframe before every Sworks frameset is sold out.

I took the "risk" and ordered the xl. It will take some time before I get it so no reports in some time, but I'll let you know when it's finished.

My base plan: EVO xl in high chip mode, 120mm SID 35 Ultimate, AXS / XTR mix, XTR breaks, Duke Lucky Jacks 6ters wheels, stem hopefully 60-65mm with no spacers. Should be sub 10kg without dropper and 10,3 with axs dropper.
    Where will you get your Duke wheels from?

mtbr member
    Dec 2016
    Where will you get your Duke wheels from?
    I have them already on my current bike. R2 has built them for me.

mtbr member
    Jun 2017

Medium frame built up with full XTR 9100. Weighs 9.7kg. Running a 36t ring. The first drop of the new Rovals is already sold out in Oz so I will have to be patient to shave off another 200g...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Epic FS 2021 on-way?-e8d5ab25-4450-4064-a586-e2af9806a451.jpg  

mtbr member
    May 2020
    Has anyone seen any of the Comp models (non-Evo)? They're not up on the Spesh USA website.

mtbr member
    Jun 2019
    Going by the Specialized "Bike Archive" section of their website the last "Comp" non-EVO version was the 2018 Model Year.

mtbr member
    Jul 2018
    Does anyone have more info/feedback after spending trail time on the new EVO? I was considering replacing my Ripley LS with one of these. Ripley is fun but heavy, and the appeal of two bottle mounts and (maybe) a bit lighter frame was appealing.

Curious to hear more about it.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    According to reviews there are IGUS bushings in the seatstay pivots instead of bearings in previous generation of Epic.
    They went to save weight in every possible way.
    Can someone post a photo of manual, where it is seen the suspension parts.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Does the flip chip on the EVO also make the STA steeper?

mtbr member
    Dec 2016
    I'd be really interested to hear if anybody successfully sets up a remote lockout system on the Evo comp.

mtbr member
    Dec 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by le_pedal View Post
    Does anyone have more info/feedback after spending trail time on the new EVO? I was considering replacing my Ripley LS with one of these. Ripley is fun but heavy, and the appeal of two bottle mounts and (maybe) a bit lighter frame was appealing.

Curious to hear more about it.
    Pretty blown away with mine. I wasn't expecting much from a linkage driven single pivot, but it's honestly one of the best rear ends I've experienced. It took me 30 ft of downhill to notice how much traction it seemed to generate. Really gives you confidence darting around knowing the rear end will stay planted. Also absolutely destroys the small to mid chunder. Honestly the fork is the let down so far on mine. It can't keep up with the rear end. Need to play with it more.

mtbr member
    Dec 2018

Mine is 26.8 with two cages and XT SPD pedals. XL.
    Last edited by Cooter K.; 6 Days Ago at 03:43 PM. Reason: added quote

mtbr member
    May 2020
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooter K. View Post
    Mine is 26.8 with two cages and XT SPD pedals. XL.
    I saw an online review (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mm43WmXri6c) and out of the box with plastic pedals, tubes, plastic cassette protector, etc, a large EVO Comp was 27.04 lbs.

mtbr member
    Dec 2016
    These are impressive weights for a $4100 downcountry bike.

mtbr member
    Dec 2018
    These are impressive weights for a $4100 downcountry bike.
    They didn't seem to cheap out in any part of the build either. Good tires, power saddle, I spec ev cockpit, swat cage with multitool, etc. I predict this being one of the hottest builds rolling out of shops this summer.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Anybody know how many bottomless tokens come stock in the SID Select+ fork?

mtbr member
    Dec 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooter K. View Post
    They didn't seem to cheap out in any part of the build either. Good tires, power saddle, I spec ev cockpit, swat cage with multitool, etc. I predict this being one of the hottest builds rolling out of shops this summer.
    Agree. Dual SID level suspension on a full suspension bike of that price range is amazing these days. A similar Trek would come with Reba.

Can you tell if the suspension has the fittings for a remote lockout or will a new damper be needed?

mtbr member
    Jul 2017
    Why is it that canada doesnt have the new epic yet? We have the short riding season. Would be great to get it up here.

I want a large epic evo tomorrow if spec is able to help.

My lbs said they dont expect the bike until november. Not much good to me with snow on the ground!

mtbr member
    Jul 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuse6F View Post
    Why is it that canada doesnt have the new epic yet? We have the short riding season. Would be great to get it up here.

I want a large epic evo tomorrow if spec is able to help.

My lbs said they dont expect the bike until november. Not much good to me with snow on the ground!
    Whoa, November? What's up with that? Did your LBS indicate that it was a canada-specific bottleneck?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by tedlove View Post
    Does the flip chip on the EVO also make the STA steeper?
    Flip chip will affect the SA identical to the HA change

mtbr member
    Jun 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by le_pedal View Post
    Whoa, November? What's up with that? Did your LBS indicate that it was a canada-specific bottleneck?
    I went to buy an Sworks here in Utah and they told me that backordered are already until November or December. I think I'm going to buy the Scalpel.

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    I put in an order for an Epic Pro on Friday, and the shop told me there's a good chance I have it this week. They told me the EVOs would be available in August. I will say, the Specialized site seems to be very accurate regarding warehouse and local shop inventory in my experience. Good luck on finding your bike!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zerort View Post
    I was going to order the Ranger then saw the 2 pounds I'd be carrying around. For my trails that was a deal breaker.

My S-works Evo frameset should be here at the end of July.
    Regretting the Trance right now! I'm going to go the EVO route as well. What shop did you order from?

mtbr member
    May 2020
    I test rode and bought an EVO on Monday, getting some parts switched out, and picking it up tomorrow. Hopefully.

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Does anyone have recommended settings for the new Brain shock? I can't find it in the manuals, and the the utility online doesn't have the 2021 yet.

mtbr member
    Mar 2020
    probably pump it to your weight + 15-20%, see how that feels (shock). I weigh 165ish and run my 2018 Epic at about 190-200psi (not using autosag). Feels about right, maybe a little stiffer than some but lots of good control at that pressure for me.

mtbr member
    Jun 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by fatcamper View Post
    Does anyone have recommended settings for the new Brain shock? I can't find it in the manuals, and the the utility online doesn't have the 2021 yet.
    Specialized recommends setting sag at 25%, which equates to 13mm of displacement at the O-ring" --from the FlowMountainBike review.

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    So havenít heard much talk about how Evo without brain deals with anti squat. This is a simple single pivot bike. Will it require flipping pro pedal (or whatever fox calls it now)? Does the Rockshox shock even have one? I guess I thought the whole idea of using the single pivot was to have it interact with brain. I would think the Evo w/out brain would have even been better with the old Horst link (but maybe not as light).

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Unbrockenchain View Post
    So havenít heard much talk about how Evo without brain deals with anti squat. This is a simple single pivot bike. Will it require flipping pro pedal (or whatever fox calls it now)? Does the Rockshox shock even have one? I guess I thought the whole idea of using the single pivot was to have it interact with brain. I would think the Evo w/out brain would have even been better with the old Horst link (but maybe not as light).
    They said when they introduced the bike that the EVO version was designed with more
    anti-squat, not sure how you missed it as itís all over the Internet. Would you like me to point you in the direction to all the numerous articles?

Also the Horst Link was used to isolate brake forces from interfering with the suspension action, not really for anti squat. On short travel itís not really needed, you can use flex for the little movement.

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    How did they do it? Magic? Itís still a single pivot!!

mtbr member
    Mar 2014
    Single pivot doesn't necessarily mean less anti-squat

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Apparently you missed the link by the shock, as with every other ďsingleĒ pivot on the market. Even if it were a true single pivot, you can adjust anti squat by geometry changes on the rear end and shock. Do you not think they have suspension Engineers at these companies? Mike McAndrews was involved in MX for years, then fox.

Formerly of Kent
    The actual placement of the main pivot and the pivots for the shock will determine how much it resists pedaling forces.

Thatís why an Orbea Oiz has more AS than a Scott Spark, despite both being single pivots.

Death from Below.

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Duke View Post
    The actual placement of the main pivot and the pivots for the shock will determine how much it resists pedaling forces.

Thatís why an Orbea Oiz has more AS than a Scott Spark, despite both being single pivots.

And they arenít true single pivots. I believe that new Trek Super Caliber short
    travel bike is a true single pivot.

But anyhow, Specialized has adjusted the EVO for no brain.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    got mine yesterday. love the color. 4lb on the nose with shock and rear axle no seatclamp.
    Epic FS 2021 on-way?-img_1161.jpg
    Epic FS 2021 on-way?-img_1162.jpg
    Epic FS 2021 on-way?-img_1165.jpg
    Epic FS 2021 on-way?-img_1164.jpg

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    Itís funny when you ask a question within a forum the defensiveness you get. I really was asking a question and there were some good replyís. Iím not an engineer thatís why the questions. Iím not a hater and actually think the Evo looks pretty sweet. Hey my first mtb was a stump jumper in 1984!!!

----------------------------------------
    tony110672 That green is totally gorgeous !!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Did a head set come with the frame? Eager to see your build. Post some pics/ride report.

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    Another headset question: what size does the new Epic Evo take? Is it a standard style, or proprietary in some way?

mtbr member
    How are you getting them so fast?! My shop says September, possibly December, for a large Evo in green.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by CHSAD View Post
    Did a head set come with the frame? Eager to see your build. Post some pics/ride report.
    I didn't completely go thru the box yet but definitely a headset in there. I am still waiting for a couple things so may be a couple weeks before I get it on the trails.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    I called around as soon as I saw they were announced and found someone who had one, shipped it for free and I didn't have to pay tax. My local shop said late July but that was the day they were announced could be longer now.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Choro View Post
    How are you getting them so fast?! My shop says September, possibly December, for a large Evo in green.
    Hmmm, I haven't registered it yet. Maybe I make a profit from Supply and demand. Already sold my sb100 so I guess I will keep it.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    I haven't checked the one that came on the 2021 evo yet but this is the one that came with the 2020 epic hardtail

https://www.amaincycling.com/special...500003/p747620

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Has anyone found the ETT for the EVO? Itís not included on the geo numbers on the website for some reason.

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by tedlove View Post
    Has anyone found the ETT for the EVO? Itís not included on the geo numbers on the website for some reason.
    You need to calculate it if that is really important to you.
    They give you all the numbers you need, so dig out the trig
    book if you never had it and have at it. Iíll even give you a hint to google SOH CAH TOA.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Youíre right. I donít know why that didnít occur to me. Thanks

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    hi, you guys begin to see big improvement with the "former" epic 2017?

I like the evo model, I read that the brain model is more efficient for pedaling.

I don't understand why, the shock on the evo is completely locked with the command no?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123