Enduro SL - Tyre Clearance is poor. Any Tyre suggestions?- Mtbr.com

Apr 2008

Enduro SL - Tyre Clearance is poor. Any Tyre suggestions?

The tyre clearance on the E150 fork is poor. I want to upgade my tyres. Will a Maxxis High Roller 26 x 2.5 fit? Has anyone got any other good tyre choices for an Enduro SL that suits All mountain?

Jul 2007
    I love the small block 8's on my SL, light and fast, with great grip (SoCal). Many of my riding buddies have switched to them since trying mine. I run them at 34psi (2.35's DTC)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Apr 2008
    What about a good freeride tyre that will fit the Enduro SL?

Now with More Wood
    I run a Minion DHF 2.5 up front, no problems (not very muddy where I live). I hear the HR in 2.5 might run a little bit bigger still than the Minion DHF 2.5, but by the looks of it you should still be OK (I still have room left). I run the HR DH specific in 2.35 in the rear. Great combo, makes a big change over stock tyres. For DH/FR that is.....they don't pedal nearly as well as the Spesh Resolutions that came on my bike (which were useless in the rough stuff BTW).

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    Regardless of poor review, I stick to S-Works Eskar 26x2.3 2Bliss stock on my comp 08. Have tried them on wet, muddy and dry conditions and excellent all round tyres.

I've read about wheels having weak sidewalls but haven't encountered any problems as yet.I used to ride Nevegal/Blue Groove combo before and I'm converted to the Eskars now.

Apr 2008
    i've got nevegals and havent had any clearance issues on the trails around portland, OR. where, as you may know, it rains.... ALOT.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    I'm running Specialized chunder 2.3's which come up nearer a 2.5.
    Pretty similar to highrollers.
    Good grip and shred mud well (in the UK) .....but they're heavy. Lead lined by the feel of them.......

Team Inflexible
    Quote Originally Posted by iguanabartola
    Regardless of poor review, I stick to S-Works Eskar 26x2.3 2Bliss stock on my comp 08. Have tried them on wet, muddy and dry conditions and excellent all round tyres.

I've read about wheels having weak sidewalls but haven't encountered any problems as yet.I used to ride Nevegal/Blue Groove combo before and I'm converted to the Eskars now.
    I second the Eskars. All the Spceialized tires I have ran I hated but the Eskars Rock. They fit nicely under the E150 fork roll fast, good braking and climbing, and hook up in the corners.

Did you know specilized has a lifetime sidewall warranty? If you get a slice take it to your LBS for a swap.

mtbr member
    I am running Specialized Enduro 2.4's No clearance issues.

mtbr member
    Aug 2006

Lifetime Sidewall Warranty??????

Quote Originally Posted by Jaydude
    I second the Eskars. All the Spceialized tires I have ran I hated but the Eskars Rock. They fit nicely under the E150 fork roll fast, good braking and climbing, and hook up in the corners.

Did you know specilized has a lifetime sidewall warranty? If you get a slice take it to your LBS for a swap.

Wasn't aware of this. Is there any written confirmation of this policy by Specialized????? Good to know.

Yeah, Eskars are awesome. Grip to anything, fast gong down and I have been able to pull off some amazing technical climbing. Only downside, Price....... bit expensive compared to some other tyres but worth every penny.

Members who have read this thread: 0