Did I mess up my FSR with a ProPedal rear shock?- Mtbr.com
    (school of funk that is)

Did I mess up my FSR with a ProPedal rear shock?

So my Float RL died. Fox only sells ProPedal versions now. Ordered one. Went for the first ride yesterday... and HARSH! I don't like it. I don't want to feel all them small bumps. I used to not feel them. And there is no way to turn off the ProPedal for the '04 shocks!

So, what am I to do? I'm going to increase the sag some more. But, do these things brake in or something? Anybody else have experience with ProPedal on an '02 FSRxc Comp?

Many thanks,
    Tim

Feb 2004
    I don't know about the shock but you sure have a nice bike.

(school of funk that is)
    Takes one to know one....

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by oldschool
    So my Float RL died. Fox only sells ProPedal versions now. Ordered one. Went for the first ride yesterday... and HARSH! I don't like it. I don't want to feel all them small bumps. I used to not feel them. And there is no way to turn off the ProPedal for the '04 shocks!

So, what am I to do? I'm going to increase the sag some more. But, do these things brake in or something? Anybody else have experience with ProPedal on an '02 FSRxc Comp?

Many thanks,
    Tim
    FWIW most folks seem to run a bit less air on propedal or pushed shocks, makes sense to drop the pressure and see if the ride improves.If that doesn't work out, you might be able to get you old shock rebuilt by Push, with a tuned-for-you platform that everybody seems to love.

(school of funk that is)
    Hey, thanks for the reply...

The jury is still out for me. But my initial response is not happy. I'll tweak for a while...

Also, I unfortunately cannot have FOX rebuild my old shock. You see, that is what I was doing... I was sending my shock in for an overhaul. I put the package on the UPS drop box in my office building -- which is inside a locked room. The only people who have access to this room besides the tenents are the UPS and FEDex guys. Even though UPS billed me for the package, their records do not show any tracking. The package is lost :^(, and who knows where it is???

So, that's my sob story....
    Tim

mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    Fox has 4? threshold settings for the Pro-pedal, maybe you have a higher than normal one. Send it back to them for a re-valving, maybe with a sob story so that it will be no charge.