Blown shock on stumpy comp- Mtbr.com
    mike

Blown shock on stumpy comp

I picked up a 2011 stumpy fsr comp last July about 2 months later the bike started creaking. I thought maybe the seat post or seat. I brought it back to the shop and they discovered the top of the rear shock was about one and a half turns loose. Once tightened it was good to go well at least until today. Went out for a ride this morning and half way into the ride the creaking resumed for a few mins then cleared. I ride with it in the open position on the trails. I decided to put it into pro peddle to catch up to the lead guy only to find the switch spinning freely. A few mins later I tried again and the switch was siezed. When I got home I noticed oil had spilled out all over the frame. Brought it by the shop and they said no problem it will be covered under warranty. I was hoping to get them to upgrade the shock to the one that comes with the EVO. No such luck it is being sent out to fox. I guess if I had to blow the shock January is the better than the prime riding months here in new England because the shop says it will take some time.

Anyone else have this problem?

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    From the east coast should be no more than 3 weeks but at least a little over 2 because of shipping.

mike
    Better now than April. But I do ride year round

mtbr member
    My evo rp23s just went to fox. I was told it was 4 days to get there, 10 days to get it worked and 4 days back. Luckily I have the stock brain shock I can use in the mean time.

Your LBS should be able to order you an EVO shock. When I ordered mine it only took 3 days to get it and it came with all the bushings installed so it was a quick bolt on. Then you can keep your Triad as a backup.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    my LBS didn't want to order the R23 for my bike....said it would change the whole geo...I was about to show them your post on "how to"... decided to try another LBS instead