best XC frame ?- Mtbr.com

Thread: best XC frame ?

Aug 2004

best XC frame ?

Hi all. I planned to get a new frame to replace my old(6 months) specialized 2002 rockhopper . This frame did a great job and i like it, especially the color. However, i knew that this is not the orignal frame. The decals seems to be misplaced a bit if compared to the pics that is available at specialized.com It's weird anyway. And i paid about $100 for this frame.

Anyway, back to the new frame. Which Specialized frame is the best of XC riding?)mainly for competition) I like the 05 stumpjumper and 05 s-works HT frame. Money is not the problem as long as the frame is great and it is Specialized. So, what do you guys think? Any recommandation? By the way, i cant find any email address of specialized. I need to email them and ask them about this frame anyway especially when there isnt any specialized dealer in my country. Cheers!

Jan 2005
    It depends how much you want to spend first off but if money isn't a problem I'd go with a S works frame. It will give you a more aggressive riding position better suited for racing and everybody will see your bike and go ooooohhh S works 2 cents.

Gravity Rides Everything
    Quote Originally Posted by 12mtb
    It depends how much you want to spend first off but if money isn't a problem I'd go with a S works frame. It will give you a more aggressive riding position better suited for racing and everybody will see your bike and go ooooohhh S works 2 cents.

they change the geometry on s-works? I'll be damned....

Not to be knockin on specialized, this being their forum, and me being a rider of their fine bicycles, but you can defintely get a nicer more "custom" bike for hte price of an S-works setup. Check into turner and titus a bit. They use FSR style rear suspensions, and titus makes some kickin hardtails. There are lots of great hardtails though... I'm more of a dualie rider though, so I can't give too many opinions on that stuff.

Jan 2005
    Well the above post may be true he was asking about Specialized so I went with it I'm not trying to start a flame war here but I have to say I do a lot more Specialized bikes at the races then Turner and Titus so that has to tell ya that ther pretty good race bikes.
    Last edited by 12mtb; 01-12-2005 at 08:11 AM.