2020 Enduro Thread Try 2 - Page 5- Mtbr.com
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Results 801 to 867 of 867
  1. #801
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    210
    The bike is a custom paint from Tuned by Tyler for a Spec employee.

  2. #802
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    210
    2020 Enduro Thread Try 2-83907044_704818640053674_2698912596590906085_n.jpg

  3. #803
    Oh, So Interesting!
    Reputation: davec113's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    4,744
    Quote Originally Posted by DrewBird View Post
    Eyeballing builds, Iím having trouble figuring out why the Elite build makes sense. That is, I donít get where $800 worth of ďbetterĒ comes from relative to the Comp. Partial NX->GX upgrade on drivetrain, ďRovalĒ vs. generic hubs, Select + vs. Select Lyrik.

    Anybody have experience with the Comp? Are any of those components just absolute garbage?
    Probably the rear hub, the cassette is heavy and I was told XD adapters for the wheel are expensive and hard to come by, so I'd consider replacing the rear wheel and cassette right off the bat.

    I replaced most parts, lots from my last bike, some new stuff. I kept the fork and it's surprisingly good, my last bike had a 36 Factory FIT4. I put a dhx2 coil shock on it and am loving it.

    I'd have no problem using the stock components on the Comp minus the rear wheel/cassette. Buy it without hesitation, the bike is amazing.

  4. #804
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    705
    Quote Originally Posted by DrewBird View Post
    Eyeballing builds, Iím having trouble figuring out why the Elite build makes sense. That is, I donít get where $800 worth of ďbetterĒ comes from relative to the Comp. Partial NX->GX upgrade on drivetrain, ďRovalĒ vs. generic hubs, Select + vs. Select Lyrik.

    Anybody have experience with the Comp? Are any of those components just absolute garbage?
    Well it depends on what you think garbage components are, and what you'd be satisfied with. In my opinion, all of the pre-built Enduro models are terrible value, compared to building frame up. But I like top tier suspension and at least DT350 level hubs. NX is the worst offense (a heavy boat anchor that also feels cheap). As others said, the generic hubs are frustrating too because you're limited in cassette upgrades later as freehub parts are hard to find. The problem is the frame kits aren't available.

  5. #805
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    2
    I bought the comp as it seemed the best value and i had a bunch of parts lying around. I sold the Lyrik as I had another Lyrik Ultimate i could use from another bike (Otherwise I would recommend upgrading the damper). The wheels on the comp are super heavy so took them off and sold them. Also replaced the nx with gx and a 165mm crank. Lastly chucked on a carbon bar and preferred grips. Now I have a top spec bike weighing 14.5 kg - not far off the sworks and it didnít cost me that - it is pretty easy to sell stuff and you can get great deals on much better components
    Last edited by Grugged; 3 Weeks Ago at 02:01 PM. Reason: Spelling corrections

  6. #806
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    114
    Quote Originally Posted by Grugged View Post
    I bought the comp as it seemed the best value and i had a bunch of parts lying around. I sold the Lyrik as I had another Lyrik Ultimate i could use from another bike (Otherwise I would recommend upgrading the damper). The wheels on the comp are super heavy so took them off and sold them. Also replaced the nx with gx and a 165mm crank. Lastly chucked on a carbon bar and preferred grips. Now I have a top spec bike weighing 14.5 kg - not far off the sworks and it didnít cost me that - it is pretty easy to sell stuff and you can get great deals on much better components
    14.5kg is very decent bud. I built up full custom parts, AXS, SWorks, it ended up way heavier than my buddies 2019 base build Enduro which they got good deals at 70% off the price I paid. I been crying secretly inside ever since.

    My full build is 15.6kg, size S2, Assegai tyres, tubeless both ends, Push elevensix (550lbs coil), Industry Nine hub, Ibis rims.

    Never got to try the X2 shock on the SWorks frame as someone saw my build in progress and he offered me immediately for the unused shock. Now I'm wondering how the X2 feels compared to the Elevensix.

    Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

  7. #807
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    6
    Multiple sources have told me all of the 2020 frames have sold out. Bummer. I'm late to the party for sure but finally decided on a custom build based on this frame.

  8. #808
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    4
    Hey guys,

    Just want to ask who run super deluxe shock on their enduro what pressure / tokens are you running?

    Specialized claims that this frame is fairly progressive but when I run stock shock with no tokens and 30% sag I can bottom it out realy easy even on smaller hits.

    Curently Iīm running two additional tokens with 155psi which gives me around 27-28% sag, Iīm 65-66 kg. I feel I could benefit even more with less pressure and more sag but I would bottom out too much

    Could you share your settings and experience with this shock and frame? Cheers

  9. #809
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,281
    Quote Originally Posted by swamp2 View Post
    Multiple sources have told me all of the 2020 frames have sold out. Bummer. I'm late to the party for sure but finally decided on a custom build based on this frame.
    I was at my shop yesterday and I'm pretty sure they said they were getting 2 S-Works frames in this week or next. I didn't ask what size.

    They also don't think the new Stumpy will have the same suspension as the 2020 Enduro but a similar axle path and characteristics achieved by modifying the existing linkage. They based this on links for that new Turbo Levo SL??? ...the eBike that looks like the current Stumpy.

  10. #810
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    2

    Dual crown fork

    Anybody running a dual crown fork? Good with info on what forks people are running, and which offsets?

  11. #811
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    47
    Quote Originally Posted by Grugged View Post
    Anybody running a dual crown fork? Good with info on what forks people are running, and which offsets?
    I am running 2020 Lyrik Ult. 170mm 42 offset.

  12. #812
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by GlazedHam View Post
    I was at my shop yesterday and I'm pretty sure they said they were getting 2 S-Works frames in this week or next. I didn't ask what size.
    Thanks. I would guess already spoken for. But if you can share the shop name and location I would like to check with them.

  13. #813
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    6
    I found an S4 Granite at Scotts Valley Cycle Sport, I think they have a couple more (S3&S4 in Dove Gray). Their website appears to have real time availability on their frames/bikes.

    Also, despite the "no shipping" on these frames, they will ship, it is just a separate process not sellable through their website.

  14. #814
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    133
    My pig, she's 36.3lbs but she's my baby.


    2020 Enduro Thread Try 2-img_20200312_181000.jpg

  15. #815
    mtbr member
    Reputation: cnitram's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    126
    What is 5'9" ish?

  16. #816
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    108
    Any thoughts around the Enduro having enough chops for DH parks like Mountain Creek? Torn between this and dedicated DH like the Demo..... I already have a trail bike (ripley)

  17. #817
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    355
    Quote Originally Posted by recleaver View Post
    Any thoughts around the Enduro having enough chops for DH parks like Mountain Creek? Torn between this and dedicated DH like the Demo..... I already have a trail bike (ripley)
    I got rid of my demo for this. 100 percent can handle mountain creek. This bike is a beast and much more versatile. I had a demo and a Bronson. Now down to this one bike.

  18. #818
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by Calhoun View Post
    Speaking of low mode, tried to set up low mode yesterday and I was getting a hard top-out thunk. Couldn't really find the source but I didn't have a ton of time to investigate. Swapped back to High mode and sound was gone.

    Any similar experiences?
    Had a similar experience when switching the modes. Ended up tightening the bolt a little more and it stopped it. It's a bit of a pain to tighten, but worth the effort to swap it and not hear the clunk. After riding both the high and low, I'm leaving it in low. It pedals fine and rides better all around IMO.

  19. #819
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    11
    I just put the one up 180mm dropper on my S3, it's perfect! I have long legs at almost 33" inseam, and it gives me about 10-12mm of depth before I bottom out. Wouldn't recommend going much more insertion as the cable binds if you go deeper. Hope that helps.
    Last edited by propht; 2 Weeks Ago at 02:42 PM. Reason: Typo

  20. #820
    mtbr member
    Reputation: StrangerDanger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    3
    23oz bottle on my bike. Should I be concerned bout the clearance when riding?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2020 Enduro Thread Try 2-1d157dcd-e25f-472f-9249-05bbb90290b5.jpg  


  21. #821
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    155
    You might find it taps the top tube on rough sections.

    Cage in its lowest position? Could also slot the bottle cage a little more so its its lower again.

  22. #822
    mtbr member
    Reputation: StrangerDanger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir HC View Post
    You might find it taps the top tube on rough sections.

    Cage in its lowest position? Could also slot the bottle cage a little more so its its lower again.
    Yup, cage is at its lowest. Problem solved with a slightly shorter 26oz bottle.

    2020 Enduro Thread Try 2-9fd4b483-c50f-4b74-aa9f-b1e14377235c.jpg

  23. #823
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,281
    These frames are waaaaaay overbuilt and hydration is extremely important. My suggestion would be trim the unneeded carbon --shown in pic --back a bit with a dremel or a chisel would work too.

    2020 Enduro Thread Try 2-screen-shot-2020-03-19-4.31.50-pm.jpg

  24. #824
    mtbr member
    Reputation: StrangerDanger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by GlazedHam View Post
    These frames are waaaaaay overbuilt and hydration is extremely important. My suggestion would be trim the unneeded carbon --shown in pic --back a bit with a dremel or a chisel would work too.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-03-19 at 4.31.50 PM.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	145.8 KB 
ID:	1318211
    Yikes 🥶

  25. #825
    mtbr member
    Reputation: AaronJobe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    899
    I picked up a blue comp yesterday since I can't find a frame. I went for the S4 at 5'10".

  26. #826
    mtbr member
    Reputation: phishstix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    8
    Good call. I'm 5'-9" on an S3 and wouldn't want it any smaller and think S4 would be fine for a race bike.

    Quote Originally Posted by AaronJobe View Post
    I picked up a blue comp yesterday since I can't find a frame. I went for the S4 at 5'10".

  27. #827
    mtbr member
    Reputation: bajaguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    253
    Elite model is on sale and only $140 more than the comp...

  28. #828
    mtbr member
    Reputation: AaronJobe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    899
    Iíve got it down to 31.8 lbs from 36. I think Iíll be able to knock off another 2 lbs.

  29. #829
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Mudguard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,270
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronJobe View Post
    Iíve got it down to 31.8 lbs from 36. I think Iíll be able to knock off another 2 lbs.
    That's a big chunk. How have you done that?

  30. #830
    mtbr member
    Reputation: AaronJobe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    899
    Code RSC brakes, race face next r cranks, sram axs, x01 cassette, race face next r wheels, enve m6 stem and m6 bars, Maxxis aggressor and assegai.

    Next will be axs reverb, carbon links, saddle, fork, shock.

  31. #831
    Oh, So Interesting!
    Reputation: davec113's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    4,744
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronJobe View Post
    Iíve got it down to 31.8 lbs from 36. I think Iíll be able to knock off another 2 lbs.
    I spent a bunch of money and ended up with a bike about 1lb lighter, lol...

    -dhx coil
    -xo1 dt
    -atlas 165mm cranks, 50mm stem
    -P321/DT Swiss XM481 wheels w/Wild Enduro tires/ARD inserts
    -OneUp Bar, Bash, Pedals
    -RSC brakes
    -Revive Dropper
    -SQ Labs Saddle

  32. #832
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Salespunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    5,889
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronJobe View Post
    Code RSC brakes, race face next r cranks, sram axs, x01 cassette, race face next r wheels, enve m6 stem and m6 bars, Maxxis aggressor and assegai.

    Next will be axs reverb, carbon links, saddle, fork, shock.
    I thought the carbon links were not available aftermarket?

  33. #833
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    14
    I bought the Fox Float X2 for my 2020 Enduro. Does it come with the mounting hardware or do I need to buy that as well? Thanks

  34. #834
    mtbr member
    Reputation: AaronJobe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    899
    Quote Originally Posted by Salespunk View Post
    I thought the carbon links were not available aftermarket?
    That sucks. I thought I saw somebody post the part numbers in this thread somewhere.

  35. #835
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Salespunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    5,889
    Quote Originally Posted by 412MTB View Post
    I bought the Fox Float X2 for my 2020 Enduro. Does it come with the mounting hardware or do I need to buy that as well? Thanks
    You can use the existing HW off the RockShox setup.

    Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

  36. #836
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,281
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronJobe View Post
    That sucks. I thought I saw somebody post the part numbers in this thread somewhere.
    I have the S-Works, so I wasn't paying too much attention but I'm 99% certain i overheard the head guy at my shop tell another customer they could order the links for $300 ...this was about 3-4 weeks ago.

  37. #837
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Salespunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    5,889
    Quote Originally Posted by GlazedHam View Post
    I have the S-Works, so I wasn't paying too much attention but I'm 99% certain i overheard the head guy at my shop tell another customer they could order the links for $300 ...this was about 3-4 weeks ago.
    I hope so!

  38. #838
    mtbr member
    Reputation: RBoardman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    2,680
    I know this may be a long shot, but canít hurt asking. Anyone out there interested in doing a frame swap. Large Megatower CC for an S3 or S4 Enduro? Built this bike up 3 months ago and Iím not quite in love for some reason. Plus I like changing bikes and Iíd think it save me a lot of money if I can find people to swap frames with me instead of playing the buy/sell game all the time.


  39. #839
    mtbr member
    Reputation: davemk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    579
    Iím thinking of buying a Enduro Elite and upgrading. Does anyone know the seatpost diameter on the stock XFusion Metric dropper and the clamp size on the stock stem/handlebars?
    "Less yappin' more braapin" - IFHT

  40. #840
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    9
    31.8mm bar/stem. 34.9mm seat post

  41. #841
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Salespunk View Post
    I thought the carbon links were not available aftermarket?
    I would be surprised if it was either a shops decision or that of Specialized to not sell the carbon links to those who did not buy the S-Works version.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2020 Enduro Thread Try 2-screenshot_20200329-104508-01.jpg  


  42. #842
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    2
    New to this forum. Building my 2020 Enduro Comp S3 right now.
    ÷hlins TTX coil shock
    Lyrik Ultimate
    SRAM GX group
    Magura MT7
    Renthal Fatbar
    Crankbrothers Synthesis E Alloy with i9 hubs, but a mixer!! So 29 front, 650B rear. Running Assegai/DHF combo in 2.5Ē to keep that rear wheel diamater up. Anyone have any experience on mulleting the 2020 Enduro? Running it in High-mode will according to my calculations drop it about 5-7mm in BB, 0.5 degree head and seat angle. Just hoping to make it just a tad bit more like the Demo rig that Loic and Finn are running without it actually being a DH. Also to keep my ass from buzzing, short leg gang wya.
    Any feedback is appriciated!!

  43. #843
    Oh, So Interesting!
    Reputation: davec113's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    4,744
    Quote Originally Posted by benja_sandberg View Post
    New to this forum. Building my 2020 Enduro Comp S3 right now.
    ÷hlins TTX coil shock
    Lyrik Ultimate
    SRAM GX group
    Magura MT7
    Renthal Fatbar
    Crankbrothers Synthesis E Alloy with i9 hubs, but a mixer!! So 29 front, 650B rear. Running Assegai/DHF combo in 2.5Ē to keep that rear wheel diamater up. Anyone have any experience on mulleting the 2020 Enduro? Running it in High-mode will according to my calculations drop it about 5-7mm in BB, 0.5 degree head and seat angle. Just hoping to make it just a tad bit more like the Demo rig that Loic and Finn are running without it actually being a DH. Also to keep my ass from buzzing, short leg gang wya.
    Any feedback is appriciated!!
    Interesting, let us know how the mullet 'dew works out!

    Pretty sure you can buy Lyric Ultimate damper for $330. I was waiting for the Fox38 but with Coronavirus not sure if I'll have the cash when it's released. There's also going to be new coil and air DH shocks, I'd wait for those instead of buying Ohlins now. The 38 and new shocks are exceptionally good from what I hear.

    CB wheels, idk, I haven't considered any of their gear for over 10 years now. How are they still in business? i9 Hydra look amazing but are loud.

  44. #844
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by davec113 View Post
    Interesting, let us know how the mullet 'dew works out!

    Pretty sure you can buy Lyric Ultimate damper for $330. I was waiting for the Fox38 but with Coronavirus not sure if I'll have the cash when it's released. There's also going to be new coil and air DH shocks, I'd wait for those instead of buying Ohlins now. The 38 and new shocks are exceptionally good from what I hear.

    CB wheels, idk, I haven't considered any of their gear for over 10 years now. How are they still in business? i9 Hydra look amazing but are loud.
    Correct, just ordered the damper and upgraded seals for the Lyrik. Already have the Ohlins coil shock at home, canīt find any rumours online about new ones?? Itīs the i9 101 hubs with 90 POE so not the hydra hubs. The new Alloy Synthesis are apparently really good!

  45. #845
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by benja_sandberg View Post
    New to this forum. Building my 2020 Enduro Comp S3 right now.
    ÷hlins TTX coil shock
    Lyrik Ultimate
    SRAM GX group
    Magura MT7
    Renthal Fatbar
    Crankbrothers Synthesis E Alloy with i9 hubs, but a mixer!! So 29 front, 650B rear. Running Assegai/DHF combo in 2.5Ē to keep that rear wheel diamater up. Anyone have any experience on mulleting the 2020 Enduro? Running it in High-mode will according to my calculations drop it about 5-7mm in BB, 0.5 degree head and seat angle. Just hoping to make it just a tad bit more like the Demo rig that Loic and Finn are running without it actually being a DH. Also to keep my ass from buzzing, short leg gang wya.
    Any feedback is appriciated!!
    Really curious to see how the mullet set up turns out. I wonder if there is anything that could be done to bring the geo closer to stock. Not sure if offset bushings are an option due to trunnion/flip chip shock. Don't think that theres any way to adjust the headset either (ie angle cups), as it's integrated. Anybody got any thoughts on this?

  46. #846
    mtbr member
    Reputation: ARider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    1,038
    Quote Originally Posted by bajaguy View Post
    Elite model is on sale and only $140 more than the comp...
    With direct from Speshy rebate the Elite is actually about $500 less than the Comp....go get one!

    White bikes are faster.

  47. #847
    mtbr member
    Reputation: ARider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    1,038
    Quote Originally Posted by swamp2 View Post
    I found an S4 Granite at Scotts Valley Cycle Sport, I think they have a couple more (S3&S4 in Dove Gray). Their website appears to have real time availability on their frames/bikes.

    Also, despite the "no shipping" on these frames, they will ship, it is just a separate process not sellable through their website.
    SVCS also still has a white S-Works frame hanging up in the shop. S3 or S4 I believe.

  48. #848
    mtbr member
    Reputation: DrewBird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1,442
    Quote Originally Posted by ARider View Post
    With direct from Speshy rebate the Elite is actually about $500 less than the Comp....go get one!

    White bikes are faster.
    Wait, howís that work? I think that the rebate ($660 off or something) brings the price of the Elite down to $4646, i.e. just a bit more than the Comp.

    I think you must be applying the rebate to the already-rebated price to get the Elite cheaper than the Comp, i.e. double-applying the rebate, which you canít. At least thatís my interpretation.

    The reduced price of the Elite is certainly attractive. My problem is that I donít much like the colors of the Elite, much prefer the Comp, and Iíd be swapping most of the parts. But it seems dumb to pay the same for inferior parts just to get preferred colors!

    Anyone have the Lilac Elite? Howís that pink look IRL?

  49. #849
    mtbr member
    Reputation: DrewBird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1,442
    Quote Originally Posted by ARider View Post
    SVCS also still has a white S-Works frame hanging up in the shop. S3 or S4 I believe.
    If anyone, anywhere, knows of an S5 S-Works frame in a shop, please let me know! Not holding my breath on this but would love to find one.

  50. #850
    mtbr member
    Reputation: RBoardman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    2,680
    Quote Originally Posted by DrewBird View Post
    Wait, howís that work? I think that the rebate ($660 off or something) brings the price of the Elite down to $4646, i.e. just a bit more than the Comp.

    I think you must be applying the rebate to the already-rebated price to get the Elite cheaper than the Comp, i.e. double-applying the rebate, which you canít. At least thatís my interpretation.

    The reduced price of the Elite is certainly attractive. My problem is that I donít much like the colors of the Elite, much prefer the Comp, and Iíd be swapping most of the parts. But it seems dumb to pay the same for inferior parts just to get preferred colors!

    Anyone have the Lilac Elite? Howís that pink look IRL?
    The pink looks just as it does on their website. My favorite color personally.

  51. #851
    mtbr member
    Reputation: ARider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    1,038
    Quote Originally Posted by benja_sandberg View Post
    New to this forum. Building my 2020 Enduro Comp S3 right now.
    ÷hlins TTX coil shock
    Lyrik Ultimate
    SRAM GX group
    Magura MT7
    Renthal Fatbar
    Crankbrothers Synthesis E Alloy with i9 hubs, but a mixer!! So 29 front, 650B rear. Running Assegai/DHF combo in 2.5Ē to keep that rear wheel diamater up. Anyone have any experience on mulleting the 2020 Enduro? Running it in High-mode will according to my calculations drop it about 5-7mm in BB, 0.5 degree head and seat angle. Just hoping to make it just a tad bit more like the Demo rig that Loic and Finn are running without it actually being a DH. Also to keep my ass from buzzing, short leg gang wya.
    Any feedback is appriciated!!
    Curious if you got some time on a 2020 Enduro before making your purchase. I think the pedals will be plowing rows in the dirt with a 27.5 rear wheel, I got plenty of pedal strikes with the stock rear wheel.

    Also didn't see a need to make the rear more "agile". I felt it is the best handling 29er I have ever ridden. As in it doesn't feel like the normal big, slow turning, awkward 29er.
    I can rip the rear around corners just like my 27.5 trail bike!

  52. #852
    mtbr member
    Reputation: ARider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    1,038
    Quote Originally Posted by DrewBird View Post
    Wait, howís that work? I think that the rebate ($660 off or something) brings the price of the Elite down to $4646, i.e. just a bit more than the Comp.

    I think you must be applying the rebate to the already-rebated price to get the Elite cheaper than the Comp, i.e. double-applying the rebate, which you canít. At least thatís my interpretation.

    The reduced price of the Elite is certainly attractive. My problem is that I donít much like the colors of the Elite, much prefer the Comp, and Iíd be swapping most of the parts. But it seems dumb to pay the same for inferior parts just to get preferred colors!

    Anyone have the Lilac Elite? Howís that pink look IRL?
    Nope, the bike is on sale for $4646.99. If you buy it at a bike shop it's $4646.99, then you fill out the rebate form with your receipt and Speshy sends you a $663 rebate. Bike ends up being less than $4000....good deal on a bike that didn't sell as well as the other models (but it will now).

    It is the only 2020 Enduro model with the rebate.

    https://www.specialized.com/us/en/en...ext=93620-4002

  53. #853
    mtbr member
    Reputation: DrewBird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1,442
    Quote Originally Posted by ARider View Post
    Nope, the bike is on sale for $4646.99. If you buy it at a bike shop it's $4646.99, then you fill out the rebate form with your receipt and Speshy sends you a $663 rebate. Bike ends up being less than $4000....good deal on a bike that didn't sell as well as the other models (but it will now).

    It is the only 2020 Enduro model with the rebate.

    https://www.specialized.com/us/en/en...ext=93620-4002
    Are you certain that's how it works? Site says "$663 rebate" it's true. But note that the original price minus the sale price is....$663. So my reading is that once you take the rebate, the price drops to $4646. I'll check with my local, but I'd be surprised if it was $663 off AND THEN you could get another $663 off.

    EDIT: Just checked with local Specialized dealer, and you are correct. Enduro Elite for under $4k is just a pretty amazing deal honestly. Think I'll have to bite the bullet on colors and do it, and my local shop has a white S5 in stock...

  54. #854
    mtbr member
    Reputation: ARider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    1,038
    Quote Originally Posted by DrewBird View Post
    If anyone, anywhere, knows of an S5 S-Works frame in a shop, please let me know! Not holding my breath on this but would love to find one.
    The one in my local shop had a "sold" tag on it yesterday....
    I would keep your eye on the Pinkbike buy/sell, there was an S2 frame on there that just sold today.

    https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/2745502/

  55. #855
    mtbr member
    Reputation: cnitram's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    126
    Quote Originally Posted by mountainman613 View Post
    31.8mm bar/stem. 34.9mm seat post
    Is that seat post diameter consistent across the board? I thought on the S-Works specs it shows a 30.0 wireless dropper? I thought all the frames were the same...

  56. #856
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    13
    Any big boys ride this bike? 6í5Ē +2 on ape index here and I weigh 240 lbs w/ gear. I ride a Foxy now with 510 reach and I know the S5 is 511 but the parking lot test the bike felt a little smaller than current bike. Maybe stack and what not. Just wondering how bigger riders feel on the S5? Also, the x2 has a max recommended of 300psi and I come too close to this number. Would the RS be better for my weight and send to AVY for custom tune or DPX2? Thanks!

  57. #857
    mtbr member
    Reputation: ARider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    1,038
    Quote Originally Posted by DrewBird View Post
    Are you certain that's how it works? Site says "$663 rebate" it's true. But note that the original price minus the sale price is....$663. So my reading is that once you take the rebate, the price drops to $4646. I'll check with my local, but I'd be surprised if it was $663 off AND THEN you could get another $663 off.

    EDIT: Just checked with local Specialized dealer, and you are correct. Enduro Elite for under $4k is just a pretty amazing deal honestly. Think I'll have to bite the bullet on colors and do it, and my local shop has a white S5 in stock...
    You're welcome..

  58. #858
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    587
    Quote Originally Posted by cnitram View Post
    Is that seat post diameter consistent across the board? I thought on the S-Works specs it shows a 30.0 wireless dropper? I thought all the frames were the same...

    It comes with a 30.9 on the S-Works but has a shim to make it fit 34.9. It's all the same across all Specialized bikes now. 34.9 is what they decided on.
    ---------------------
    Evil Following

    weareelements.com

  59. #859
    orthonormal
    Reputation: andy f's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,592
    Quote Originally Posted by RBoardman View Post
    The pink looks just as it does on their website. My favorite color personally.
    Fond childhood memories of Pepto Bismol?
    The glass is twice as large as it needs to be

  60. #860
    mtbr member
    Reputation: ARider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    1,038
    If anyone is looking to upgrade to the Fox X2, I have a brand new one removed from an S-Works frame for sale. Tuned for the 2020 Enduro.

    https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/2750342/

    Local sale and cash would make an offer more reasonable....

  61. #861
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    3
    My S5 Enduro, built it from frame back in September and have been loving it since then. Fit is spot on at 6'5", suspension on this bike blows away anything else I have ridden yet manages to climb better than both mid travel 29ers I've owned (Hightower V1, Sentinel)
    2020 Enduro Thread Try 2-enduroooo.jpg

    However, I was recently riding when I had some small rocks get kicked up and somehow get perfectly sandwiched between the seat tube and upper link. I noticed immediately, and had a hell of a time getting the rocks out while keeping the bike sagged to keep the link from crushing the rocks against the frame (or so I thought):
    2020 Enduro Thread Try 2-endurocrack.jpg

    Will wait to see what Specialized has to say, definitely a minor crack but looks to be a bit more than just paint

  62. #862
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    46
    I ordered an S3 Dove Grey frame on December 12th. Still waiting.

    Anybody else?

  63. #863
    mtbr member
    Reputation: RBoardman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    2,680
    Quote Originally Posted by taiki View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	endurocrack.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	153.4 KB 
ID:	1322693

    Will wait to see what Specialized has to say, definitely a minor crack but looks to be a bit more than just paint
    I would get another frame if I were you, better safe than sorry. And Iíd be willing to help you out by taking that destroyed frame off your hands.

  64. #864
    mtbr member
    Reputation: AaronJobe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    899
    If anybody wants to buy an s4 blue comp frame with about 12 miles on it let me know. I am going to size down to an s3

  65. #865
    Oh, So Interesting!
    Reputation: davec113's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    4,744
    Quote Originally Posted by taiki View Post
    My S5 Enduro, built it from frame back in September and have been loving it since then. Fit is spot on at 6'5", suspension on this bike blows away anything else I have ridden yet manages to climb better than both mid travel 29ers I've owned (Hightower V1, Sentinel)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	enduroooo.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	490.5 KB 
ID:	1322695

    However, I was recently riding when I had some small rocks get kicked up and somehow get perfectly sandwiched between the seat tube and upper link. I noticed immediately, and had a hell of a time getting the rocks out while keeping the bike sagged to keep the link from crushing the rocks against the frame (or so I thought):
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	endurocrack.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	153.4 KB 
ID:	1322693

    Will wait to see what Specialized has to say, definitely a minor crack but looks to be a bit more than just paint
    It can be hard to tell with carbon. For that I'd try tapping on the frame and see if it sounds like it's broken as you tap closer to the suspected crack. If you think it may be cracked you'll need the dealer to confirm it so just bring it in. Looks ok to me though, good luck!

    I noticed the frame resembles a nutcracker between the bb and cs, I'm considering doing something to prevent rocks from getting in there, easier said then done... maybe some sort of tough elastic material that would bridge the gap... My previous bike, a Slash, has a similar issue and sure enough a rock got in there but luckily didn't crack it.

  66. #866
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by *MoonDogg* View Post
    I ordered an S3 Dove Grey frame on December 12th. Still waiting.

    Anybody else?
    I ordered one around the same time and last week my dealer said mine didn't come in with the last shipment and could be June/July before it comes in if at all. I just bought a comp and sold off the parts. Might be your best bet at this time but good luck either way.

  67. #867
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by davec113 View Post
    It can be hard to tell with carbon. For that I'd try tapping on the frame and see if it sounds like it's broken as you tap closer to the suspected crack. If you think it may be cracked you'll need the dealer to confirm it so just bring it in. Looks ok to me though, good luck!

    I noticed the frame resembles a nutcracker between the bb and cs, I'm considering doing something to prevent rocks from getting in there, easier said then done... maybe some sort of tough elastic material that would bridge the gap... My previous bike, a Slash, has a similar issue and sure enough a rock got in there but luckily didn't crack it.
    Thanks for the input, the tap test wasn't too enlightening due to the size and location of the crack (beefed up area by pivot). I'm not to bothered by it personally, more just something that could present a roadblock when it comes time to sell (not that I want to do that anytime soon). Also I work for the local dealer so I'm just waiting to hear from Spesh.

    Brainstorming rock protection ideas as well, maybe some light stick on foam to take up the space

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Similar Threads

  1. 2020 Trek Slash Thread
    By luckyguy19 in forum Trek
    Replies: 58
    Last Post: 2 Weeks Ago, 11:23 AM
  2. delete thread
    By NorthShoreDude in forum Specialized
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-19-2019, 08:49 PM
  3. 2019 World Cup XCO XCM Equipment (2020 regular racer) Thread
    By ccm in forum XC Racing and Training
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-23-2019, 08:38 AM

Members who have read this thread: 631

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.