2019 Stumpjumper EVO thread - Page 12- Mtbr.com
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,200 of 1206
  1. #1101
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    60
    Quote Originally Posted by lawjar View Post
    can Someone with experience point out how they achieved the mod to 57stroke. I couldnít find a shock online with 210x57 size. Is the mod achieved through 216x57 with offset bushing? Iím hoping to use a DHX coil on it . Be great if anyone with experience installing a 57 stroke DHX share how they hacked it.
    There's a couple of different ways - someone did it with a 6mm top out spacer inside the damper body, I did mine differently:

    - 216x63 shock
    - 3mm offset bushing in upper eyelet, effective eye to eye now 213mm
    - 6mm nylon spacer behind bump stop, limiting stroke to 57mm
    - run in "low" position, giving same eye to eye as standard shock in "high" position

    As luck would have it, I'm swapping my Vivid R2C Coil for an MRP Hazzard later today so I'll get some photos as I do it to help illustrate better 👍

  2. #1102
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    74
    Mine was a bit easier than andyís.

    The cane creek IL coil comes in various metric sizes, the way cane creek limit stroke is with a small nylon spacer under the bump stop. So in my instance I bought a 210x55 shock off the shelf. Then snipped off the 2mm spacer and there you have it a 210x57 in a few seconds.

    The shock is very good, mine had a bit of an annoying clicking noise at one stage but seemed to have resolved itself somehow lol. Lot of ability to tune it how you like but can take a bit of setup time with hsc/lsc hsr/lsr. The stock settings were a very good starting point however.

    The dhx2 doesnít come in a metric size we need. So you need to get it made up from metric parts to suit or do what Andy did with offset bushings and spacers under bumpstop.

  3. #1103
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    80
    Mine was a 216x63 DHX2, have your local shock specialist (Slick and Slide in my case) pull it apart and add a 6mm top out spacer. Hey presto 210x57 with 6mm more bushing overlap. The fox metric version is almost the same, using an official spacer (see diagrams on the fox site), but has from memory 2mm more bushing overlap than mine.

    Cane creeks method doesn't give you the extra bushing overlap hence more flex issues when the shock is driven by a yoke.

  4. #1104
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    80
    Quote Originally Posted by Salespunk View Post
    For everyone looking at long stroking the shock, the problem is not rear tire clearance. The upper link hits the seat tube before the tire gets anywhere close to the seat tube. Make sure the shock bottoms out before the link hits. Haven't seen any discussion on this.
    I tested this on mine with 57 stroke in low. Plenty of clearance to the bridge. No evidence of any contact on the frame after a DH shuttle day and more than few big hits (written off 3 new rear tyres and one DT rear rim already on this bike!)

  5. #1105
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    472
    https://www.specialized.com/us/en/st...=271061-173499

    Available as a frame now.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ---------------------
    Evil Following

    weareelements.com

  6. #1106
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    472
    And carbon is here! Same geo.

    https://www.specialized.com/us/en/me...=262614-170569


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ---------------------
    Evil Following

    weareelements.com

  7. #1107
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Mr. Lynch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,316
    I think the stock Fox shock is WAY over damped. I couldnt get it to feel good nomatter what I did. I agree with the review that said the Evo felt like an overforked 120mm bike.
    Swapping to a DVO Topaz made it feel like I jumped up to a 160mm bike, and since DVO uses a reducer that clips on, you can swap between 50mm and 55mm VERY easily.
    14 Aurum, 17 T130, 18 NS Evo HT, 19 SJ Evo 29

  8. #1108
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    15
    Yeah buddy!!!!

  9. #1109
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    80

  10. #1110
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    553
    Anyone 210lbs+ riding coil? Really want one of these, just worried about supportiveness with coil and low bb

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

  11. #1111
    mtbr member
    Reputation: kwapik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    228
    Quote Originally Posted by michaeldorian View Post
    https://www.specialized.com/us/en/st...=271061-173499

    Available as a frame now.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by michaeldorian View Post
    And carbon is here! Same geo.

    https://www.specialized.com/us/en/me...=262614-170569


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    What's this "out of stock" thing? This isn't YT

  12. #1112
    Rides all the bikes!
    Reputation: Sidewalk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    2,605
    Anyone go from an Enduro to an Evo? I use up all of the travel on my E29 (set up correctly). I am planning to go with an E29 cool next. Can anyone sell me on giving up 1" of travel? This is my do everything except race XC bike, weight and climbing ability are non issues for me.

  13. #1113
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    74
    Quote Originally Posted by jpec29 View Post
    Anyone 210lbs+ riding coil? Really want one of these, just worried about supportiveness with coil and low bb

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    yep, 230lb (105kg) here, no problems. You will need a heavy (650lb) spring however.

    2 turns preload has me at 30% on the dot, I ride it open all the time and whilst there is pedal bob, it's not enough to concern me about lost power.

  14. #1114
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Salespunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    5,607
    Great to hear the feedback on the 57. Upgrading to the 55 next week along with a 160 fork.

    Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

  15. #1115
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    172
    Quote Originally Posted by michaeldorian View Post
    And carbon is here! Same geo.

    https://www.specialized.com/us/en/me...=262614-170569


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Glad the carbon bike is out and the 29Ē metal frame. Hopefully 275 frames coming soon. Have to admit though, I feel like the prices are a bit steep for the spec. $2k for a metal frame and performance shock? And almost $7k for performance elite, metal bars, and gx drivetrain? Maybe Iím off base but seems like the carbon bike is about $1k overpriced.




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  16. #1116
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    553
    Quote Originally Posted by deserat View Post
    Glad the carbon bike is out and the 29Ē metal frame. Hopefully 275 frames coming soon. Have to admit though, I feel like the prices are a bit steep for the spec. $2k for a metal frame and performance shock? And almost $7k for performance elite, metal bars, and gx drivetrain? Maybe Iím off base but seems like the carbon bike is about $1k overpriced.




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Never paid retail on a specialized fwiw, they usually deal. EVO brand new though, price seems reasonable to me

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

  17. #1117
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    172
    Quote Originally Posted by jpec29 View Post
    Never paid retail on a specialized fwiw, they usually deal. EVO brand new though, price seems reasonable to me

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Yeah, I just looked at at again and donít feel so worked up about the price and spec. Carbon wheels are nice to have even if theyíre not ones I would buy. And it sounds like there are cheaper versions on the way.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  18. #1118
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    553
    Quote Originally Posted by deserat View Post
    Yeah, I just looked at at again and donít feel so worked up about the price and spec. Carbon wheels are nice to have even if theyíre not ones I would buy. And it sounds like there are cheaper versions on the way.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Wait for carbon comp, throw your wheelset on and xo1 cassette. That's what I'm thinking about.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

  19. #1119
    mtbr member
    Reputation: rondre3000's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,038
    Wonder if the frame will be different at the lower price point (Fact 9m vs 11, aluminum rear triangle, etc).

    Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

  20. #1120
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    106
    what's the shock hardware? 22 x m6? any reason to get the Spherical bearing on a ttx coil for this frame?

  21. #1121
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    1
    I live in the south eastern part of Pennsylvania. I am curious if anyone knows of any shops in that area that currently have the EVO in stock. Frustrated at driving and calling around.

  22. #1122
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    106

  23. #1123
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    132
    Quote Originally Posted by deserat View Post
    Glad the carbon bike is out and the 29Ē metal frame. Hopefully 275 frames coming soon. Have to admit though, I feel like the prices are a bit steep for the spec. $2k for a metal frame and performance shock? And almost $7k for performance elite, metal bars, and gx drivetrain? Maybe Iím off base but seems like the carbon bike is about $1k overpriced.
    I agree on both parts. You don't even get the Factory level Fox stuff with the Kashima coating on the carbon. I'd think that $2k over the the Alloy frame would have been about right.

    It'd be very difficult to build a comparable spec bike for only $1600 on top of the $2k you have to pay for the alloy frame. I've never looked into it but it could be cheaper to buy the whole alloy bike, buy your new parts, and then sell off the old stuff to recoup some dough?

  24. #1124
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    106
    how's everyone finding the butchers? anyone tried the 2.6 black diamond version?

  25. #1125
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    60
    Quote Originally Posted by louf View Post
    how's everyone finding the butchers? anyone tried the 2.6 black diamond version?
    I found the OEM ones very, very hard compound (you could feel the difference to the aftermarket Grid by pinching with your fingernail - it's that apparent). I just fitted an aftermarket one and it's night & day (took the OEM one off straight away as it was so sketchy, but fine for a rear) after having a Hillbilly Grid 2.6" on the front through the worst of our UK weather.

  26. #1126
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Crit Rat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    589
    I've got the 2.6 Black Diamonds on mine as it's the way it came on the used bike I bought. I think they are pretty good but the rubber compound is definitely harder than Maxxis 3C which I still prefer but the BD 2.6 Butcher is quite good. Only one ride on them thought so a bit of a caveat.

  27. #1127
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Crit Rat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    589
    So any alloy frame owners tempted to jump ship and get the new carbon Pro?

    I think they did a pretty awesome job and spec is great but I do think it's a bit overpriced by maybe $500. Maybe it's the fear of tariffs?

    I wonder if the DHX2 specced on the Pro has a spacer inside? It'd be nice to be able to increase stroke without the cost of a new shock as frankly it seems like the bike works quite well with a bit more travel.

  28. #1128
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    5
    Hey I've been following this thread from the beginning. I'm super interested in an EVO after demoing an S3 29er. Coming from 27.5 enduro I'm a bit skeptical about 29ers. I really like to jump and play around. So that being said I'm interested in the S2 27.5 because it is just a tad bit smaller than the S3 29. Is anyone else about 6'1" or 185cm and riding the S2 27.5?

  29. #1129
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    74
    Quote Originally Posted by louf View Post
    what's the shock hardware? 22 x m6? any reason to get the Spherical bearing on a ttx coil for this frame?
    no need, avoid the spherical bearings on a TTX at all cost, I've destroyed a S-works demo frame from the bearing popping out of the eyelet, collecting the frame ripping a nice hole in it.

    Particularly in the stumpy, there is no movement to warrant a bearing. A DU Bushing and pin arrangement is fine. The ohlins will probably be a 16mm DU however so take that into account.

  30. #1130
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    5
    hey Ive been following this thread for awhile. Tons of great information. I demo'd an S3 29 and really liked it. Coming from an Enduro 27.5 I am partial to that wheel size. Also the S3 29 and S2 27.5 are relatively close in reach. So is anyone around 6'1" or 185cm and has ridden an S2 27.5? What are your thoughts?

  31. #1131
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    553
    Quote Originally Posted by TylerG17 View Post
    hey Ive been following this thread for awhile. Tons of great information. I demo'd an S3 29 and really liked it. Coming from an Enduro 27.5 I am partial to that wheel size. Also the S3 29 and S2 27.5 are relatively close in reach. So is anyone around 6'1" or 185cm and has ridden an S2 27.5? What are your thoughts?
    S2 would be tiny if you're 6'1

  32. #1132
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    5
    Coming from a large 2016 enduro. The reach on that bike is 445mm. So the S2 would actually be bigger.

  33. #1133
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    553
    Quote Originally Posted by TylerG17 View Post
    Coming from a large 2016 enduro. The reach on that bike is 445mm. So the S2 would actually be bigger.
    Seat tube is super short on s2, to get the benefit of the new geo I would be on a s3 for sure, especially with the short seat tube and steep seat angle on the s3 the reach would be great for someone 6'1. I'm 6'2 and I would want a s4 if they made one.

  34. #1134
    mtbr member
    Reputation: rondre3000's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,038
    Quote Originally Posted by TylerG17 View Post
    Coming from a large 2016 enduro. The reach on that bike is 445mm. So the S2 would actually be bigger.
    True, it'll be bigger but at 6'1Ē we would all recommend you were on an S3. Reach is only one component of sizing but I can tell you that going from 440mm of reach to 480mm isn't as drastic as it sounds. I've enjoyed it so far!

    Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

  35. #1135
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    553
    Quote Originally Posted by TylerG17 View Post
    Coming from a large 2016 enduro. The reach on that bike is 445mm. So the S2 would actually be bigger.
    I had a 2015 Enduro large, only ride XL now. Game changer, current bike has 485mm reach no problems. Trust me s3 all the way

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

  36. #1136
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Crit Rat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    589
    Definitely S3 for a 6'1" rider. Only do S2 if you like jibbing around like 5010 crew.

    I'm 6'1" and on the S3 29 and it feels maybe even a bit short but I do really like how balanced it is with front center and rear center or reach and CS length.

  37. #1137
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    106
    So what spring rates are everyone running on there coil shocks?

    I've ordered 52.5 stroke shock and im 170lbs out of the shower.
    Last edited by louf; 1 Week Ago at 06:09 AM.

  38. #1138
    mtbr member
    Reputation: rondre3000's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,038
    Check the vitalmtb article in the new carbon Evo for shock rate recommendations.

    Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

  39. #1139
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Crit Rat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    589
    Quote Originally Posted by louf View Post
    So what spring rates are everyone running on there coil shocks?

    I've ordered 52.5 stroke shock and im 170lbs out of the shower.
    Depends on how you ride and how you like the bike to be setup of course but this is what the Vital article has, didn't realize Specialized had made some recommendations.

    Recommended Spring Rates:

    400 lb spring: 57-66 kgs
    450 lb spring: 66-75 kgs
    500 lb spring: 75-84 kgs (specíd on S2)
    550 lb spring: 84-93 kgs (specíd on S3)
    600 lb spring: 93-102 kgs

  40. #1140
    JCL
    JCL is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    1,496
    I would buy a Pro tomorrow but like most new carbon bikes the rear brake hose routing is on the wrong side for us Brits/Aussies/Kiwis who run Moto. A few good bikes don't have racist routing so that's where my money will go.

  41. #1141
    mtbr member
    Reputation: kwapik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    228
    Quote Originally Posted by JCL View Post
    I would buy a Pro tomorrow but like most new carbon bikes the rear brake hose routing is on the wrong side for us Brits/Aussies/Kiwis who run Moto. A few good bikes don't have racist routing so that's where my money will go.
    Just swap the levers around...super easy.

  42. #1142
    JCL
    JCL is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    1,496
    Quote Originally Posted by kwapik View Post
    Just swap the levers around...super easy.
    Ha Ha!

    The issue is the rear brake on the left into the left side of the head tube doesnít really work. You have to run lots of excess hose in case of your bars spinning in a crash which looks crap. The hose also rubs the head tube and kinks the hose at the entry port.

    Not to worry, the alloy bike is great and I donít need this type of bike to be light. Iíd still buy one though just because the numbers and the raw finish are great.

  43. #1143
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Mudguard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    987
    Quote Originally Posted by JCL View Post
    I would buy a Pro tomorrow but like most new carbon bikes the rear brake hose routing is on the wrong side for us Brits/Aussies/Kiwis who run Moto. A few good bikes don't have racist routing so that's where my money will go.
    What do you mean? The only picture I've seen has the cable routing in from the drive side of the headtube, which I thought would be preferable for a rear brake coming from the left? Or is there only one guide, IE for a LH dropper or something?

    Edit. Found a front on picture on Pinkbike. That is really annoying.

    2019 Stumpjumper EVO thread-p6pb16882973.jpg

  44. #1144
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    106
    Quote Originally Posted by Crit Rat View Post
    So any alloy frame owners tempted to jump ship and get the new carbon Pro?

    I think they did a pretty awesome job and spec is great but I do think it's a bit overpriced by maybe $500. Maybe it's the fear of tariffs?

    I wonder if the DHX2 specced on the Pro has a spacer inside? It'd be nice to be able to increase stroke without the cost of a new shock as frankly it seems like the bike works quite well with a bit more travel.
    I have a 29 evo for a month now, with an Ohlins ttx coil, smash pot, i9 hydra hub/ Newman wheels, x01 cassette and vibe core bar going on the bike next week for 1500 bucks less than the new carbon version cost. if you went with the standard Newman wheelset that would save you another 500.

  45. #1145
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    106
    the cable enters very far forward, mine is set up front/ right, its fine.

  46. #1146
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    74
    talking to LBS, the pro here will be 2x the cost of an Alloy Evo here in Aus. $9k! That's a lot of $$$.

    Best option is buy frame only Alloy and build the bike of your dreams from there.

    I'm no carbon snob at all, they all snap the same for me lol.

  47. #1147
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    3
    Anyone know the correct headset for the Evo? Can't seem to locate the information. I'm wondering if it's the usual Specialized IS42/IS52 that they use so often. TIA.

  48. #1148
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    106
    Quote Originally Posted by brash View Post
    talking to LBS, the pro here will be 2x the cost of an Alloy Evo here in Aus. $9k! That's a lot of $$$.

    Best option is buy frame only Alloy and build the bike of your dreams from there.

    I'm no carbon snob at all, they all snap the same for me lol.
    Actually the best option is to buy the complete alloy bike and replace a few bits, the fork is great and nx is just fine fit a lighter cassette!

  49. #1149
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    74
    Quote Originally Posted by louf View Post
    Actually the best option is to buy the complete alloy bike and replace a few bits, the fork is great and nx is just fine fit a lighter cassette!
    Very true, The 36 Rhythm is awesome too.

  50. #1150
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    9

    Dirt skiingÖ

    Maybe itís heresy for this thread, but I wonder if everyone who is long-shocking their EVO is maybe changing an interesting part of the geo in the wrong way? In addition to the long and slack specs, the BB drop spec is very intriguing to me. Very few bikes have such a large BB drop as the EVO. Iíve found that my riding style has changed completely with this bike. Iíve been skiing since I could walk, and love carving big GS turns on the slopes. I get the exact same feeling on the EVO now: down in the bike, weighting my feet and the front end, and carving these amazing arcs with the EVO. Now even going down fire roads is fun - I used to bomb them, but now am carving them like a ski slope.

    I understand the appeal of long-shocking the bike and running in high to push it towards the enduro end, but doesnít that reduce the BB drop, and also put one a little higher up on the bike? Iím curious if that would reduce the ďdirt skiingĒ capability that I love about this bike so much. Iím running everything stock (I know itís not cool) and always in low, and am having so much fun on this bike everywhere now. Even tempted to try a Pole Bushmaster to see if it gives the same feeling. Thoughts? Is long-shocking and pushing towards enduro reduce the turning abilities of the EVO?

  51. #1151
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    132
    Quote Originally Posted by JCL View Post
    I would buy a Pro tomorrow but like most new carbon bikes the rear brake hose routing is on the wrong side for us Brits/Aussies/Kiwis who run Moto. A few good bikes don't have racist routing so that's where my money will go.
    Iím a mountain bike/Moto guy here in the states. Iíve never had an issue with muscle memory on having the front brake on right for Moto and front brake on left for MTB.
    Is it that big of a deal?

  52. #1152
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    74
    Quote Originally Posted by SDMiles View Post
    Maybe itís heresy for this thread, but I wonder if everyone who is long-shocking their EVO is maybe changing an interesting part of the geo in the wrong way? In addition to the long and slack specs, the BB drop spec is very intriguing to me. Very few bikes have such a large BB drop as the EVO. Iíve found that my riding style has changed completely with this bike. Iíve been skiing since I could walk, and love carving big GS turns on the slopes. I get the exact same feeling on the EVO now: down in the bike, weighting my feet and the front end, and carving these amazing arcs with the EVO. Now even going down fire roads is fun - I used to bomb them, but now am carving them like a ski slope.

    I understand the appeal of long-shocking the bike and running in high to push it towards the enduro end, but doesnít that reduce the BB drop, and also put one a little higher up on the bike? Iím curious if that would reduce the ďdirt skiingĒ capability that I love about this bike so much. Iím running everything stock (I know itís not cool) and always in low, and am having so much fun on this bike everywhere now. Even tempted to try a Pole Bushmaster to see if it gives the same feeling. Thoughts? Is long-shocking and pushing towards enduro reduce the turning abilities of the EVO?
    The eye to eye stays the same, so in essence, at more stroke the same 30% sag figure gives a lower BB height if anything.

    The reason a few of us have gone to "high" (which is still low in the scheme of things) is 2 fold

    a) we have increased front fork travel meaning Head angle goes into the 62 degree mark. Running it in high brings the HTA back within reasonable slackness. (and yes, longer fork will increase BB height slightly)

    b) the person has used a 216mm eye to eye shock and needs to bring it in the 210mm range with the offset bushings at both ends.

    If you were to compare 57mm stroke to 50 you get the following considering 2.8 linkage ratio.

    57mm = 48mm sag
    50mm = 42mm sag

    The difference been.... 6mm!

    Now consider the BB height difference between Hi and Low is 6mm.... you end up at stock BB height given stock 150mm fork.

    Maybe my maths is wrong, but that's the way I see it.

  53. #1153
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    542

    2019 Stumpjumper EVO thread

    Cant read at all
    Last edited by Grizzy; 1 Week Ago at 08:02 PM. Reason: Cant read
    believe in yourself! I believe in you!

  54. #1154
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Mr. Lynch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,316
    Anyone try a 51mm offset fork on the Evo?
    14 Aurum, 17 T130, 18 NS Evo HT, 19 SJ Evo 29

  55. #1155
    mtbr member
    Reputation: rondre3000's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,038
    Quote Originally Posted by brash View Post

    If you were to compare 57mm stroke to 50 you get the following considering 2.8 linkage ratio.

    57mm = 48mm sag
    50mm = 42mm sag

    The difference been.... 6mm!



    Maybe my maths is wrong, but that's the way I see it.
    I believe your math is a bit off. 30% of 57mm is roughly 17mm. 30% of 50mm is 15mm. Only 2mm difference of measured sag at 30%.






    Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

  56. #1156
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    74
    Quote Originally Posted by rondre3000 View Post
    I believe your math is a bit off. 30% of 57mm is roughly 17mm. 30% of 50mm is 15mm. Only 2mm difference of measured sag at 30%.






    Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
    sorry, I should have clarified wheel travel. Rounding 57mm stroke to 160mm wheel travel.

  57. #1157
    JCL
    JCL is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    1,496
    Quote Originally Posted by peterhenric View Post
    Iím a mountain bike/Moto guy here in the states. Iíve never had an issue with muscle memory on having the front brake on right for Moto and front brake on left for MTB.
    Is it that big of a deal?
    I guess you get used to it after 25 years of riding 😉 I might be able to switch for most situations but if I was riding something really hectic of had to grab the brakes in a hurry I'd likely grab the wrong one.

    Being right handed I also way prefer having my right hand modulating the front brake. It's far more critical than the rear as it does most of the stopping but also the steering loads so inputs have to be really accurate.

  58. #1158
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Mudguard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    987
    Quote Originally Posted by peterhenric View Post
    Iím a mountain bike/Moto guy here in the states. Iíve never had an issue with muscle memory on having the front brake on right for Moto and front brake on left for MTB.
    Is it that big of a deal?
    Maybe test the switch on your mountainbike for a week and report back? I've only ridden the other way once (on a Norwegian's bike) and couldn't do it. DH bike, on a DH track. I just locked my left hand to the bars and refused to use the front brake.

  59. #1159
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    26
    Just swap the hoses over. I was used to right rear and left front before moving to aust. Only took 3 rides to get used to the right front and left rear!

  60. #1160
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    1
    Hi Mr.Lynch
    I swapped my Fox factory 36's from my Hightower onto my EVO and have only rode the bike with these forks (51mm offset). Feels completely fine to me.

  61. #1161
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    117
    Iím a mountain bike/Moto guy here in the states. Iíve never had an issue with muscle memory on having the front brake on right for Moto and front brake on left for MTB.
    Is it that big of a deal?
    Lunatic!!!!

    I find it difficult to adjust to other brands of brakes, let alone the brakes on the wrong side of the bar.


    Very interested in the new stumpy carbon evo, its only 10mm longer in reach compared with an Enduro (S3 vs Large), once the bars are at the same height. Extra 10mm on the chainstay is good, then 24mm extra on the front centre. Should be good on the steep stuff, without being cumbersome on tighter/flatter trails.

    Just need Spesh UK to bring in some framesets!

  62. #1162
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    1

    Nepa

    Quote Originally Posted by linemanmtber View Post
    I live in the south eastern part of Pennsylvania. I am curious if anyone knows of any shops in that area that currently have the EVO in stock. Frustrated at driving and calling around.
    Iíve looked all over. Saw one in state college and the other in Colorado. Curious though, where do you plane on riding it? From what I hear from local shops itís a lot of bike for around here. Not so sure I feel that way.

  63. #1163
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    74
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Lynch View Post
    Anyone try a 51mm offset fork on the Evo?
    Iíll let you know what itís like very soon. Guy I know grabbed a set of shiny orange 36 factories, steerer was too short so we are swapping forks and a bit of money his way.

    160mm 51mm offset FIT4 dampner for reference.

    Hopefully the increased offset isnít something that makes it ride worse. To be honest the rythym forks have been awesome but this is a deal too good to pass up for that orange bling factor haha.

  64. #1164
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Crit Rat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    589
    I could tell a positive difference last year when I went from a 51mm offset CSU to 44mm on a '18 Enduro 29. Same fork was a FIT4 160mm fox. It's not a huge difference and you need to be an experienced rider to even notice but I feel the shorter offset needs less micro corrections when turning to hold a line. It just "sets" in a bit better and lets you rail once committed.

    Makes sense, it's a smaller lever arm that the wheel and fork assembly has to act/react to lateral movements.

  65. #1165
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    106
    I'd agree, I find it less twitchy on landings great when landings are a big rooty mess.

  66. #1166
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    106
    Quote Originally Posted by brash View Post
    Iíll let you know what itís like very soon. Guy I know grabbed a set of shiny orange 36 factories, steerer was too short so we are swapping forks and a bit of money his way.

    160mm 51mm offset FIT4 dampner for reference.

    Hopefully the increased offset isnít something that makes it ride worse. To be honest the rythym forks have been awesome but this is a deal too good to pass up for that orange bling factor haha.
    im sticking with the rhythm and I've a smashpot assembled waiting to be fitted.

  67. #1167
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    74
    Hmmm you guys got me thinking now.

    I was going to smashpot the rythym. Would cost approx $500 installed

    The changover price for the factory forks is $250.

    Hopefully I donít notice the offset difference. But knowing me, the fact I know there is a difference will be enough in my mind to be hyper critical.

  68. #1168
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    106
    Quote Originally Posted by brash View Post
    Hmmm you guys got me thinking now.

    I was going to smashpot the rythym. Would cost approx $500 installed

    The changover price for the factory forks is $250.

    Hopefully I donít notice the offset difference. But knowing me, the fact I know there is a difference will be enough in my mind to be hyper critical.
    Piece off piss to fit. Why would you pay $500 for it???

  69. #1169
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Crit Rat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    589
    Yeah definitely install the Smashpot on your own. Vorsprung has great installation instructions. I did a Luftkappe in my Fox 36 last year and it was quite straightforward. Smashpot will be much easier. Plus then you get to take your time and make sure the everything is correct.

  70. #1170
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    74
    Quote Originally Posted by louf View Post
    Piece off piss to fit. Why would you pay $500 for it???
    This is Australian dollars mind you. Thatís for the kit supplied and fitted. Everything is expensive here once you factor in shipping from other side of the world and tax on top. You really do need to be a dentist to ride mtb here

  71. #1171
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Crit Rat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    589
    Well you could always take a trip to Whistler this summer and have Vorsprung install it themselves . Canadian dollar isn't doing too great right now.

  72. #1172
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    235
    Quote Originally Posted by brash View Post
    Hmmm you guys got me thinking now.

    I was going to smashpot the rythym. Would cost approx $500 installed

    The changover price for the factory forks is $250.

    Hopefully I donít notice the offset difference. But knowing me, the fact I know there is a difference will be enough in my mind to be hyper critical.
    Another option is the DSD RUNT. Just ordered one which should arrive tomorrow. After reading a good article on Vital mtb last week and all the Positive reviews I pulled the trigger. $200USD plus an $8 extra piston so it works with either 150-160mm travel 36ís.

  73. #1173
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    74
    Quote Originally Posted by Crit Rat View Post
    Well you could always take a trip to Whistler this summer and have Vorsprung install it themselves . Canadian dollar isn't doing too great right now.
    Itís on my bucket list for sure. New Zealand next year then hopefully whistler year after. Just getting to Thredbo 5 hours away has been super difficult with a new born baby. What is sleep!

  74. #1174
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    74
    Never heard of the DSD runt, Iíll have a read.

    Edit: looks like the MRP ramp control. I had on on my old Lyrik. Was good but I never really touched it after setting it up.

  75. #1175
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    235
    Quote Originally Posted by brash View Post
    Never heard of the DSD runt, Iíll have a read.

    Edit: looks like the MRP ramp control. I had on on my old Lyrik. Was good but I never really touched it after setting it up.
    I was asking about it in the suspension forum and a guy there said he couldnít tell the difference between the runt and the coil conversion. Iíll write down some initial ride feedback if it ever stops snowing here.




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  76. #1176
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    106
    Quote Originally Posted by brash View Post
    This is Australian dollars mind you. Thatís for the kit supplied and fitted. Everything is expensive here once you factor in shipping from other side of the world and tax on top. You really do need to be a dentist to ride mtb here
    ireland, have to buy through the uk...

  77. #1177
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    60
    Quote Originally Posted by brash View Post
    Hmmm you guys got me thinking now.

    I was going to smashpot the rythym. Would cost approx $500 installed

    The changover price for the factory forks is $250.

    Hopefully I donít notice the offset difference. But knowing me, the fact I know there is a difference will be enough in my mind to be hyper critical.
    I'm on a normal offset on my new MRP Ribbon on my 650B S3 and haven't noticed the difference - and normally I'm pretty sensitive to things like that. Funnily enough I was chatting to Seb Stott from Bikeradar (who did the big fork offset experiment with Chris Porter of Geometron) and he was saying the slacker the head angle gets, the less you notice the offset difference. I have to confess I didn't understand the science behind the explanation, but it's certainly born out in what I feel.

    What I did find though is that going to a coil up front has made an unbelievable difference to the way the Evo rides. Combined with coil out back, I've noticed I'm carrying loads more speed into and through rough turns, and braking points are very different too, in a positive way.

    So I reckon you'll have no problems at all with the offset change, but the coil upgrade will transform things.

  78. #1178
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    117
    Has anyone see a geometry chart with hi/low positions of the flip chip?

  79. #1179
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    106
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir HC View Post
    Has anyone see a geometry chart with hi/low positions of the flip chip?
    It's 10mm longer, 0.5į slack/ steeper. Bb 5mm lower. S2 29 Hi chip.64/76.5 1220, bb 337 ish

  80. #1180
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    57
    My EXT Storia LOK V3 showed up last night. Went to install for todayís ride and the top and bottom bushings are the wrong size😢. Itíll get worked out so not worried about in the long haul, but I sure was looking forward to dumping that crappy DPX shock. The Storia shock is a work of art though. Canít wait to get it fixed.
    My last upgrade might be a Smashpot. Has anyone ridden one yet on this bike?

  81. #1181
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    106
    Quote Originally Posted by endoguru View Post
    My EXT Storia LOK V3 showed up last night. Went to install for todayís ride and the top and bottom bushings are the wrong size😢. Itíll get worked out so not worried about in the long haul, but I sure was looking forward to dumping that crappy DPX shock. The Storia shock is a work of art though. Canít wait to get it fixed.
    My last upgrade might be a Smashpot. Has anyone ridden one yet on this bike?
    Storia is fantastic and very robust, have one on my warden. I got a ttx coil and a smashpot in hand waiting to go on the bike, need some grease and oil for the fork install.

    Anyone used organic pad on the code calipers? The metals age bit squeaky for my liking. Also was thinking about 180 disks over the 203 to make a it little less graby thoughts?

  82. #1182
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    11
    Iíve been riding a 2018 Enduro Coil 29 the past year and am thinking of moving over to the Stumpy Evo 29. All of my riding is in the northeast (Vermont mostly) with a mix of rough trail riding, flow trails, and bike parks a few times a month. Has anyone moved back from the longer travel enduro down to the shorter travel but newer geometry stumpy and not liked it?

    For longer pedaling days, it seems that the Enduroís geometry might be better suited for steeper and longer climbs but Iíve never found the enduro to be a bad climber, itís just not the fastest especially compared to my old Hightower.

    This would be a frame only purchase, requiring me to use the 160mm travel, 51mm offset ÷hlins fork that I currently have. Is this going to have any negative effects?

    Lastly, has anyone ever changed the shock mount on an ÷hlins TTX? Iíd love to use my coil shock but the mount is different and the measurements are 215.9x57.2 as opposed to the stumpyís 210x50. I am thinking this may not be possible. Any input?

  83. #1183
    PDB
    PDB is offline
    SUFD
    Reputation: PDB's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    251
    Quote Originally Posted by dickrich View Post
    Anyone know the correct headset for the Evo? Can't seem to locate the information. I'm wondering if it's the usual Specialized IS42/IS52 that they use so often. TIA.
    did you get an answer to this? I'm also looking for the headset size
    Want to go green? Want to be low impact?
    Buy 2nd Hand Products!

  84. #1184
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Salespunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    5,607
    Quote Originally Posted by ATFkona View Post
    Iíve been riding a 2018 Enduro Coil 29 the past year and am thinking of moving over to the Stumpy Evo 29. All of my riding is in the northeast (Vermont mostly) with a mix of rough trail riding, flow trails, and bike parks a few times a month. Has anyone moved back from the longer travel enduro down to the shorter travel but newer geometry stumpy and not liked it?

    For longer pedaling days, it seems that the Enduroís geometry might be better suited for steeper and longer climbs but Iíve never found the enduro to be a bad climber, itís just not the fastest especially compared to my old Hightower.

    This would be a frame only purchase, requiring me to use the 160mm travel, 51mm offset ÷hlins fork that I currently have. Is this going to have any negative effects?

    Lastly, has anyone ever changed the shock mount on an ÷hlins TTX? Iíd love to use my coil shock but the mount is different and the measurements are 215.9x57.2 as opposed to the stumpyís 210x50. I am thinking this may not be possible. Any input?
    The Evo is definitely a better climber and long ride bike than the Enduro. There is actually not a single situation where I wish I still had my Enduro over the Evo, even steep fast trails with a lot of chunk.

  85. #1185
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Salespunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    5,607
    I did my first ride on my updated Evo with a 55mm shock mod and 160 fork. These are initial impressions only without full setup time on the suspension.

    First off it seemed very apparent to me that the DPX2 is much happier with the 55 stroke. I have gone from running the rebound almost wide open to 10 clicks from wide open. It is also much more supple off the top. Overall very noticeable. Still need to dial in the air pressure in the rear.

    160 mod on the fork is similar, the larger air volume means it is more sensitive to small chatter. I did add two volume spacers as part of the update to make it more progressive as well. My setup was solid out of the box since I have run the 36 in a lot of configurations.

    The possible downside to the update is that I am not sure I like the changes in the geometry. I feel like with the taller front end the reach needs to be extended. Going to put a few more rides in before I move it back to the 150 setup. Although I don't like the idea of a mullet suspension setup so far I do like the feel of the rear end with the 155 travel.

  86. #1186
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    5
    So I'm really on the fence about buying a stumpy Evo. I did test ride one at some flowy trails and I was impressed. It corners so much better than the Enduro. I'm worried that the FSR is too active for big boys (215 lbs). On my Enduro I had to run 240-260 psi to keep the shock from hard bottoming out. Some of you say that this bike is pretty progressive, I'm just not sure if it is. Thoughts?

  87. #1187
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    11
    No adjustment to air volume here if I use my coil fork and TTX rear shock. ÷hlins suspension seems really firm on the damping end anyways plus Iím pretty light so I donít necessarily need the extra ramp up.

    The main question is if the proprietary mount for the TTX can be swapped with a standard eyelet mount. I guess thatíll require a call to ÷hlins/Specialized.

  88. #1188
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    553
    Quote Originally Posted by TylerG17 View Post
    So I'm really on the fence about buying a stumpy Evo. I did test ride one at some flowy trails and I was impressed. It corners so much better than the Enduro. I'm worried that the FSR is too active for big boys (215 lbs). On my Enduro I had to run 240-260 psi to keep the shock from hard bottoming out. Some of you say that this bike is pretty progressive, I'm just not sure if it is. Thoughts?
    I'm in same situation, plus the evo has super low bb which worries me

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

  89. #1189
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    5
    I wouldn't really worry about the low bb unless you ride some rooty trails. I had zero pedal strikes, and it actually pedaled quite well. I just think over time I'm either going to blow out alot of shocks, or be disappointed in it's handling of rough trails. I know I want to long shock it, which could help.

  90. #1190
    mtbr member
    Reputation: kwapik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    228
    Quote Originally Posted by PDB View Post
    did you get an answer to this? I'm also looking for the headset size
    Here's the reply from Specialized:

    Hey, that frame uses a 1-1/8" upper and 1-1/2" lower bearing. Both are Campy style so 45x45 degree angles.

    Thanks,
    -Aaron

  91. #1191
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    60
    Quote Originally Posted by TylerG17 View Post
    I wouldn't really worry about the low bb unless you ride some rooty trails. I had zero pedal strikes, and it actually pedaled quite well. I just think over time I'm either going to blow out alot of shocks, or be disappointed in it's handling of rough trails. I know I want to long shock it, which could help.
    Long shock it with a coil, and either fit a coil fork or coil conversion at 170mm on the fork and you'll be at around the sweet spot lots of us are hitting. The Evo is a world of mischief in that configuration.....

  92. #1192
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    472
    Quote Originally Posted by andyrm View Post
    Long shock it with a coil, and either fit a coil fork or coil conversion at 170mm on the fork and you'll be at around the sweet spot lots of us are hitting. The Evo is a world of mischief in that configuration.....
    Are you running offset bushings to get the geo back closer to stock when long shocking it or running mostly in high?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ---------------------
    Evil Following

    weareelements.com

  93. #1193
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    60
    Quote Originally Posted by michaeldorian View Post
    Are you running offset bushings to get the geo back closer to stock when long shocking it or running mostly in high?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm running a 216x63 MRP Hazzard, with a -3mm offset bush in the frame eyelet end (ordered from offset bushings.com - you just put in frame and dock and the right model arrives a few days later! No messing round measuring etc).

    Then the shock is run in the "low" position on the flip chip, giving the same effective eye to eye as the standard shock in "high" setting.

    I've got a 6mm nylon spacer behind the bottom out bumper to limit stroke at 57mm, giving 163mm travel (650B S3).

    With a 170mm fork up front, BB height is now 335mm so still low but much more useable in rocky/rooty natural terrain.

    I'll get some fresh pics done later this week to illustrate it all better!

  94. #1194
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    70
    http://www.theproscloset.com/product...5-s3-bike-2019
    $2700 Seems like a good deal on a 27.5 S3

  95. #1195
    JCL
    JCL is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    1,496
    Quote Originally Posted by TylerG17 View Post
    So I'm really on the fence about buying a stumpy Evo. I did test ride one at some flowy trails and I was impressed. It corners so much better than the Enduro. I'm worried that the FSR is too active for big boys (215 lbs). On my Enduro I had to run 240-260 psi to keep the shock from hard bottoming out. Some of you say that this bike is pretty progressive, I'm just not sure if it is. Thoughts?
    Buy a Capra. YT's are very progressive and work great for big guys.

  96. #1196
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    18

    Cool-blue Rhythm

    Quote Originally Posted by Salespunk View Post
    I did my first ride on my updated Evo with a 55mm shock mod and 160 fork. These are initial impressions only without full setup time on the suspension.

    First off it seemed very apparent to me that the DPX2 is much happier with the 55 stroke. I have gone from running the rebound almost wide open to 10 clicks from wide open. It is also much more supple off the top. Overall very noticeable. Still need to dial in the air pressure in the rear.

    160 mod on the fork is similar, the larger air volume means it is more sensitive to small chatter. I did add two volume spacers as part of the update to make it more progressive as well. My setup was solid out of the box since I have run the 36 in a lot of configurations.

    The possible downside to the update is that I am not sure I like the changes in the geometry. I feel like with the taller front end the reach needs to be extended. Going to put a few more rides in before I move it back to the 150 setup. Although I don't like the idea of a mullet suspension setup so far I do like the feel of the rear end with the 155 travel.
    Hey salespunk and the rest of the evo owners,
    I saw you did this around the same time as me - and my experience is similar. So first off - I had mine done professionally by the cool FOX Austria rep. who assured me it's easy, standard, reversable and cheap. I rode my 29 S2 in Lo which made it a pretty big, long bike but still went fine except for picking it up to wheelie ;-). Then I put it in the more manageable Hi which felt pretty close to normal except with longer legs. That's why I'm posting again - the longer front and rear suspension is very nice for landing bigger jumps but I feel like the fast, low and hard geo suffered a bit and am now totally on the fence about leaving it like this or not. Damn - now I have four choices to set the bike up instead of two! Luxury problems :-D. I might have to ride my standard lap against the clock to help decide.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2019 Stumpjumper EVO thread-evo-29-pimped-hi.jpg  

    2019 Stumpjumper EVO thread-evo-29-pimped-clearance.jpg  


  97. #1197
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    58
    Hi, Has any one used offset bushings to raise the bb height. If so which brand did you use and did you install it in the frame or yoke mount or both?

  98. #1198
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    8
    I'm still chasing shock issues with my EVO. Fox, myself, and my LBS all think the frame is causing the issue. However, Specialized has asked me to run another shock to failure (#5).

    Unfortunately the weather's been a bit crap in New England, but things are turning around. I think there were a few guys here also having issues with shock failures. Were you able to get it sorted out?

  99. #1199
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    58
    Hi, I have ordered a S3 29 and I have a choice of keeping the stock 150mm fox rhythm 36 or a 160mm 51mm offset yari. I don't mind the idea of a higher BB with the Yari. Any thoughts? I have ridden the Yari and its good enough, but i haven't ridden the Rhythm. I know the Yari can be upgraded to a Rc2 damper, Can the rhythm be upgraded as well? Thanks

  100. #1200
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Salespunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    5,607
    Quote Originally Posted by HolgerHa View Post
    Hey salespunk and the rest of the evo owners,
    I saw you did this around the same time as me - and my experience is similar. So first off - I had mine done professionally by the cool FOX Austria rep. who assured me it's easy, standard, reversable and cheap. I rode my 29 S2 in Lo which made it a pretty big, long bike but still went fine except for picking it up to wheelie ;-). Then I put it in the more manageable Hi which felt pretty close to normal except with longer legs. That's why I'm posting again - the longer front and rear suspension is very nice for landing bigger jumps but I feel like the fast, low and hard geo suffered a bit and am now totally on the fence about leaving it like this or not. Damn - now I have four choices to set the bike up instead of two! Luxury problems :-D. I might have to ride my standard lap against the clock to help decide.
    I would say ride it long shocked for a few weeks and see how it goes.

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. 2019 Specialized Stumpjumper
    By fc in forum California - Norcal
    Replies: 72
    Last Post: 12-12-2018, 03:28 PM
  2. Specialized Stumpy EVO 2019 to the stores
    By javiergutz in forum Specialized
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-01-2018, 03:50 PM
  3. 2019 Specialized Stumpjumper
    By fc in forum All Mountain
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 07-01-2018, 01:33 PM
  4. Will the 2019 stumpjumper get an overhaul
    By nilbert in forum Specialized
    Replies: 321
    Last Post: 04-21-2018, 03:27 PM
  5. 2019 Stumpjumper
    By rjcobra in forum 26+/27.5+/29+ Plus Bikes
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-15-2018, 02:11 PM

Members who have read this thread: 820

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.