2015 Specialized Pitch 650b- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jan 2015

2015 Specialized Pitch 650b

Hi

I'm eyeing for this bike. Any feedback ?

Straight out tha traila
    Me too, been in the market for a new decent bike that won't break the bank! anyone have one?

mtbr member
    Jan 2015
    I have the Pitch Comp 650b. I have had it for a month. I like it. I haven't had a mountain bike since 2005. I couldn't find any reviews or info about it before I bought it. Overall, I think it is a good bike. I think the fork is OK, but not great. It's also my first non 26er, so I don't have a lot to compare it to. I did ride the Rockhopper 29er, but it felt like I was riding a stretch limo with those wagon wheels. I have taken the Pitch on fire roads, single track, and some urban riding, jumping curbs and such. I really like the wide bars. The one issue I have had is a rear brake squeal. I took it to my LBS where I bought it and they sanded the rotor and replaced the pads. The squeal returned in a week, but not as bad as before. I will take it back there this week for them to try to fix it again. The front brake has performed flawlessly. I also replaced the stock plastic pedals with Shimano Saints as I like to wear skateboard shoes when I ride. Other than that, the bike has performed well, and I'm glad I got it.

Straight out tha traila
    Awesome thanks for the feedback xbmedic! I'm going to try to find one at our local shops and have a test ride. This would be my first non-26er as well.

mtbr member
    Mar 2015
    I recently bought a pitch comp a little over a month ago.. It's my first mountain bike, so I cant really compare it to anything else. I do like the bike a lot.. I also have experienced the rear brake squel but overall its a great bike for me just starting out. I did replace the pedals with some specialized bernies and plan on replacing the forks in the near future.

Straight out tha traila
    ttt anyone else? I'm getting ready to pull the trigger soon on a Pitch Comp or a Giant Talon 2. The Pitch is $200 less.

mtbr member
    Jan 2015
    I got a comp. First bike. Had for about two months and ride 3 to 4 times a week. I enjoy it. Not a fan of the fork. About to do the suntour upgrade program for a radion fork. It's a pound lighter and I hear it's much better than the one on there. No problems with the drive train at all. Brakes squeal every once in a while but when you have metal rotors getting rubbed with pads that have metal particles, what breaks wont. I feel it's good for the price

mtbr member
    Jul 2015
    I'm buying the Pitch 650b next week, I've read overall,good reviews placing it between the Rock Hopper and the Hard rock on the food chain, considering the price it seems like a good deal.