'04 Stumpjumper FSR questions..- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Dec 2003

'04 Stumpjumper FSR questions..

Hi.

I'm looking to finally retire my old '95 Stumpjumper M2 and replace it with a full-suspension bike. Does anyone have any experience with the '04 Stumpjumper FSR frames? How do they compare to the '03 frames? Also, are all Specialized frames, including the S-works frames, made overseas now?

I was looking to purchase either an Intense Spider XVP or 5.5 EVP frame, but wasn't sure if I could justify the cost differences with the Specialized Stumpjumper and Enduro framesets.

Thanks for your input and happy holidays.

-Steve

mtbr member

got an Expert Disc '04...

...and really don't want to say much yet, only ridden her 35 miles. I post a full review in the next few days.

Quickly though, everything works exceptionally well. There is isn't a whole lot of performance to be gained with going with a higher dollar bike/frame. Specialized has the 4-bar design down. Actually, the last two sentences are sufficient, the only reason to buy a custom/boutique 4-bar is to impress fellow posters on MTBR. The all the stumpjumpers are made in the meridia factory in Taiwan, I think. Hope that helps a little.

mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    thanks for your input. i think i'm just going to have to try them out when i get back home in march - see how the traditional 4-bar feels relative to the VPP designs. until then, i'm looking forward to reading your review. thanks again.

-steve

Members who have read this thread: 0