Yonah Preserve Trails- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Sep 2016

Yonah Preserve Trails

Had a chance to stop and check out the trails Monday morning on my way home from Ellijay. They have put in some nice work and the system will really be something when the orange and blue trail sections are completed. Lots of berms and rollers for flow along with a section that has some large boulders positioned for riding on and a couple of jumps. definitely some single track areas near the lake and a beautiful area. There is currently no fee required to ride the trails and they are shared with hikers but everyone hiking i came across was friendly and moved off trail to let me pass.

I didn't have time to ride everything in every direction but there are some nice trails for beginners but sections for more advanced riders. I would remark that possibly some trails should be directional so as to avoid collisions but I'll definitely be back to explore and ride more!

Nice work trailbuilders (Flo-motion i think) and the Yonah folks!

mtbr member
    Sep 2016
    It's a great little system so far. My 6 and 8 yr old girls love the flow/jump section, we usually session that half a dozen times or so when I take them along.

mtbr member
    What is this trail similar to? How long of a trail is it?
    OMB :thumbsup:
    2019 Yeti SB130 Turq XX1
    2017 Santa Cruz HighTower C
    2016 Specialized Fuse Comp
    2016 Specialized Rockhopper

mtbr member
    Sep 2016
    Not really like any other trails that come immediately to mind.....it definitely has a beginner feel to many sections but then with the jumps/drops area with the ride-on boulder lines take it to an intermediate level. some of the new trail that is being cut (and probably not "officially" open....oh well, lol) has more of an intermediate level feel with the banked switchback turns and jumps while some of the trail on a side ridge next to the lake and creek is not very wide. The official trail length is ~7miles but i did add on some of the new part and i also did not ride everything due to time constraints (i was on my way home from a weekend riding in Blue Ridge). I could also see that riding the trails in both directions would be fun and would also increase the mileage. There is a website for Yonah and also the trails are on singletracks and mtbproject. I know i will definitely be back to ride them again, especially once the other trails are completed.

mtbr member
    Sep 2016
    I might have to take a peek at that new section next time I'm out there. Last time I tried to get greedy on that boulder line it nearly took out my rear derailleur. I really wish they would allow night riding at Yonah, or at least until 6 so I could squeeze in a work day ride when I'm up there. The rain has been severely limiting weekend riding lately.

mtbr member
    Sep 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by eyeballs View Post
    I might have to take a peek at that new section next time I'm out there. Last time I tried to get greedy on that boulder line it nearly took out my rear derailleur. I really wish they would allow night riding at Yonah, or at least until 6 so I could squeeze in a work day ride when I'm up there. The rain has been severely limiting weekend riding lately.
    yes, i had a little "almost an issue" on the boulder line, i won't forget to drop my seat next time.....lol and the rain we keep having just in time for the weekend has been a real PITA! and looks like rain moving in Thursday this week and i wanted to take Friday off and get a real (as in several hours) ride in for a change.

mtbr member
    Nov 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by gratefulron View Post
    yes, i had a little "almost an issue" on the boulder line, i won't forget to drop my seat next time.....lol and the rain we keep having just in time for the weekend has been a real PITA! and looks like rain moving in Thursday this week and i wanted to take Friday off and get a real (as in several hours) ride in for a change.
    I'm thinking of checking it out. Curious... describe the 'boulder line'

mtbr member
    Sep 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by splitendz View Post
    I'm thinking of checking it out. Curious... describe the 'boulder line'
    it is a linked row of large rocks/boulders that you can ride on. i have a picture of it on my phone and will try to post it later as i'm on my work PC for this reply (yeah, i should be working but.....lol)