Texarkana Trails?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Texarkana Trails?

I'm moving to Texarkana soon and was wondering if anyone could recommend some trails to ride. I'd like to find 1 or 2 nearby that could be ridden during the week. I don't mind traveling 1 to 2 hours on the weekends.

Also if anyone could recommend a part of town to look for housing, that would be appreciated as well.

Thanks!

mtbr member
    I rode Bringle Lake & Camp Preston Hunt this week.

I was told the area had a lot of rain recently. When I was looking at potential houses to buy, most of the yards were completely saturated. Lake Bringle was basically unrideable because of all the mud and water. The trail isn't designed very well, and it appears to be the natural path for water in the area. Lots of erosion and mud. This trail might be rideable under normal conditions but I'll have to go back to find out. If perfectly dry though, I still don't think it's worth the drive from out of town in its current condition.

Camp Preston Hunt was a big surprise after riding Bringle Lake. The trail is very well designed and maintained. The trail had a closure sign, but I called the number on the sign and got permission to ride. Mud was almost non existent. It's singletrack, probably intermediate level of difficulty, and overall was a lot of fun. It's a directional trail. Bridges are in most places water could be an issue. There's a couple technical climbs, some downhill flow, a couple steep and very fast downhills, and also a few small jumps. The trail is well marked, but there were several intersections with access roads where we had to look around a little to find where the trail picked back up. I think we skipped 1 or 2 of the inner loops because we didn't have time to explore. Our ride was 7.0 miles with 424' of climbing. I highly recommend this trail if you're in the area. I've ridden around 15 trails in Eastern Oklahoma and Western Arkansas, and I would rank this among the best. My only complaint is the length.Texarkana Trails?-camp-preston-hunt.jpg