South FL Trails- Mtbr.com

Thread: South FL Trails

mtbr member
    Mar 2007

South FL Trails

I know we have our few single tracks, but does anyone know of any other good trails anywhere in south florida. I figure there has to be, with the everglades in our backyards and plenty of woods around.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    what exactly are you talking about? bike path tourist stuff? I know on the treasure coast you can ride for miles through the savans which is a wetland similar to the everglades. It is a nice ride; I have done it with my 4 year old. I don't know about further south but there has to be something. If you are talking about trails there is oleta, markham, emelia , and hopefully quiet waters in the near future. furhter north you have J.D., fort pierce, and Halpatiokee. I know I am missing a trail or two down south and there a a few on the west coast as well.
    don't sweat the petty things, and pet the sweaty things

Mar 2007
    Markham park (weston/ sunrise), oleta state park (aventura), and amelia earhart park (Hialeah)

those are the three that i frequent

Apr 2007
    Shark Valley in Everglades National Park is a 17 mile paved flat loop - road hazards include other bikers, the tourist tram, white tail deer, turtles and alligators. Easy ride, but no shade at all. Take lots of water. Lots.

Members who have read this thread: 0