Riding in Florida - Orlando area- Mtbr.com
    What's up Dut?
    Mar 2004

Riding in Florida - Orlando area

There may be an opportunity for me to hit Orlando this summer (6/20 to 6/25). Should I try to bring the mountain bike down? Is it worth it? Are there some great local trails in the area?

Any information would be just fantastic. Thanks!

mtbr member
    Dec 2003

Trails Local to Orlando?

Depends on which side of Orlando you will be on.

From the Walt Disney area, to Lakeland, and Tampa area is about an hour, maybe hour and a half.

ckeck Florida trails on the mtbr review site.

See
    Our club site
    http://www.swampclub.org/

Alafia State Park South East of Tampa
    Boyette ... just a short hop from Alafia
    Morris Bridge/ Flatwoods Park

Carter Park ( closer to Orlando, South Lakeland area)
    TOE: check Ridge Riders site for how to ride there, as it is for club members only

http://rr.securelink.com/phpBB2/

Or head NorthWest of Orlando, towards Ocala
    for
    Razorback Park (weekends only)
    Santos

Again, check the mtb review sites and above club sites.

Bring the bike it will be different then you're used to, but well worth the ride.

Send me a note, if you visit Alafia,Boyette or Mooris Bridge, we'll give you a guided tour,,,

between those places you will find 100 plus miles of singletrack, every thing from flat bumpy trails, to very short steep ups and downs, to manmade stunts.

What's up Dut?
    Mar 2004

I am coming in June

Quote Originally Posted by Redriderpro
    Depends on which side of Orlando you will be on.

From the Walt Disney area, to Lakeland, and Tampa area is about an hour, maybe hour and a half.

ckeck Florida trails on the mtbr review site.

See
    Our club site
    http://www.swampclub.org/

Alafia State Park South East of Tampa
    Boyette ... just a short hop from Alafia
    Morris Bridge/ Flatwoods Park

Carter Park ( closer to Orlando, South Lakeland area)
    TOE: check Ridge Riders site for how to ride there, as it is for club members only

http://rr.securelink.com/phpBB2/

Or head NorthWest of Orlando, towards Ocala
    for
    Razorback Park (weekends only)
    Santos

Again, check the mtb review sites and above club sites.

Bring the bike it will be different then you're used to, but well worth the ride.

Send me a note, if you visit Alafia,Boyette or Mooris Bridge, we'll give you a guided tour,,,

between those places you will find 100 plus miles of singletrack, every thing from flat bumpy trails, to very short steep ups and downs, to manmade stunts.

I just set my travel plans. I will be in Orlando during the week of June 20th. I will be staying at Disney's Coronada Springs Resort in Lake Buena Vista. I will try to bring my bike down. If you guys happen to know of any trails close to where I will be staying, please let me know. I will continue to do some searching on this board.

Thanks.

What's up Dut?
    Mar 2004

OBT trail

Where is the OBT trail in relation to Lake Buena Vista?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

mtbr member
    What kind of trails are you interested in riding? Easy, hard, intermediate...I live in Orlando and will be willing to show you some of the trails in the area. If you are of relatively normal size, I can probably hook you up with a bike to ride.

What's up Dut?
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by BillT
    What kind of trails are you interested in riding? Easy, hard, intermediate...I live in Orlando and will be willing to show you some of the trails in the area. If you are of relatively normal size, I can probably hook you up with a bike to ride.

I am interested in hard/intermediate trails. I am an expert class MTB rider/racer.

I just got off the phone with a guy who works at Bike Works in Orlando and he mentioned 2 trails. The first is Razorback in Apopka and the second is Snowhill Dr in Oviedo. How do these compare? Worth my time?

Bill, I may try to bring my bike down as I am totally used to 29er's. I truly do appreciate the offer though. However, if for some reason I can't get the bike down there, I may take you up on that.

Thanks.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mdutcher
    I am interested in hard/intermediate trails. I am an expert class MTB rider/racer.

I just got off the phone with a guy who works at Bike Works in Orlando and he mentioned 2 trails. The first is Razorback in Apopka and the second is Snowhill Dr in Oviedo. How do these compare? Worth my time?

Bill, I may try to bring my bike down as I am totally used to 29er's. I truly do appreciate the offer though. However, if for some reason I can't get the bike down there, I may take you up on that.

Thanks.
    You'll definitely want to check out Razorback - it is actually in Reddick, FL and about 90 or so miles from the Disney area. I would suggest skipping Snowhill as it really isn't that great. Closer than Razorback would be either Santos (30+ miles of every kind of trail you can think - but no big climbs as it is Florida) or I could take you out west to either Carter Road, the TOE or Alafia - each of which are pretty challenging in their own way.

Get in contact with me closer to your trip and I can give you specifics on each place and I can probably show you around one of them at least though I may slow you down.

What's up Dut?
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by BillT
    You'll definitely want to check out Razorback - it is actually in Reddick, FL and about 90 or so miles from the Disney area. I would suggest skipping Snowhill as it really isn't that great. Closer than Razorback would be either Santos (30+ miles of every kind of trail you can think - but no big climbs as it is Florida) or I could take you out west to either Carter Road, the TOE or Alafia - each of which are pretty challenging in their own way.

Get in contact with me closer to your trip and I can give you specifics on each place and I can probably show you around one of them at least though I may slow you down.

Thanks, Bill. I will be in touch with you later once the date gets a bit closer. Can't wait!