mtbr member
    May 2017

Good job! Really liked what the team at Blankets is doing, certainly worth a detour to ride!

On my way back from Florida I stopped by Blankets creek and did a full tour of all 3 loops. I was really impressed at how each loop has a different personality and how well the team out there is managing it. If the rest of GA is like this I'm going to have to go back. I made a few videos of each of the loops, hope you enjoy.

Blankets Creek In 4 Videos

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Agreed, the folks at SORBA Woodstock are amazing! Check out what they've done at Rope Mill next time you're in this area.

Cycologist
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dolittle View Post
    Agreed, the folks at SORBA Woodstock are amazing! Check out what they've done at Rope Mill next time you're in this area.
    I rode Rope for the first time in several weeks. I got confused when I found the entrance and exit to Avalanche blocked, asked someone in the parking lot where they were. It's cool that they relocated them back to where they originally were. I imagine the rocky climb wasn't working too well for the races they often have there. The new reroute section toward the end was a surprise as well. People will miss bombing down the long hill, I guess maybe it was getting too washed out. Looks like they're building a new trail as well!
    Quote Originally Posted by Oh My Sack! View Post
    Remember, there's always quilting and knitting if pedalling becomes too tough.

mtbr member
    May 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dolittle View Post
    Thanks for the tip, will do!

:\ ping of death
    I rode BC for the first time last weekend and had an absolute blast. I was concerned that because of the recent weather there wouldn't be anyone there but it took me 10 minutes to find a parking spot because the lot was full. Met a bunch of cool people. Only did dwelling loop, awesome trail, super flowy.
    What the hell is an aluminum falcon?

The perfessor
    I've been riding BC for about 4 years now and the newest changes they've made in the last year are outstanding (Rock&Roll / Rhythm&Blues flow trails, plus VM changes)......if only Chicopee, which has been around far longer than most trail systems in GA, would be willing to add some more trails or make some changes (a few berms would be nice)......
    Rigid 29er Ti SS / 29er SC Tallboy AL / Paketa Magnesium Road Bike

mtbr member
    Oct 2017
    Headed up to BC on Friday to ride for 2 days. Will be our first time there.

mtbr member
    Nov 2017
    Hey just a heads up. The forecast for Friday Night and Saturday is 60% to 80% chance of rain. Blankets will close if it is wet. They do a great job of closing when necessary to keep the trails in good shape. Sorry if that messes up your plans. SORBA Woodstock has the trail status.

:\ ping of death
    I just moved here in January and still looking for people to ride with. If anyone ever wants to meet up or exchange numbers just pm me.
    What the hell is an aluminum falcon?

mtbr member
    Oct 2017
    It was wet but no rain on friday. For being wet trails ran pretty damn good. Had a blast and cant wait to get up again when it is dry!

mtbr member
    Sep 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by mr_chrome View Post
    I've been riding BC for about 4 years now and the newest changes they've made in the last year are outstanding (Rock&Roll / Rhythm&Blues flow trails, plus VM changes)......if only Chicopee, which has been around far longer than most trail systems in GA, would be willing to add some more trails or make some changes (a few berms would be nice)......
    I live right by chicopee, and I agree with this statement. Blankets is more fun. As is big creek. Chicopee needs to add a free-ride or dirt jump area. Went to south florida over thanksgiving and had more fun riding down there.

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    Guess it is all in what you like. I don't think there is a metro atlanta trail more fun than flying squirrel. Plenty of flow with a natural feel.

mtbr member
    Sep 2016
    I actually prefer copperhead, white tail, and coyote to flying squirrel. Though last night was my first ride on a new hardtail (been riding FS only for the last 7 years) and I found myself heading to flying squirrel for a little extra smoothness.

mtbr member
    May 2014
    I really love that Chicopee is different that Blankets, otherwise it would be boring to have the same style of trails. I prefer White Tail and Copperhead. Actually the whose system is worth riding. Bring on the roots!

mtbr member
    Mr_Chrome I dont know if you've ridden Chicopee lately but they have added a new trail called Walnut Creek. It can be entered at the intersection where White Tail and Flying Squirrel come together. It as a couple of table tops and big berms. It dead ends into the Granny climb right above the bench where we used to cross the creek.

I also second that I'm glad that Chicopee isn't like BC. Each of them have their own personality and challenges which are unique to their trail. Stan at Chicopee works his hiney off all the time at Chicopee and Jake/Bull mountain to keep them rideable and maintained.

Can someone tell me about both of the new trails mentioned above that I have passed while on Dwelling? Their characteristics....challenges...where they come out...etc etc?
    OMB
    2017 Santa Cruz HighTower C
    2017 Fuji Absolute 1.9D
    2016 Specialized Fuse Comp
    2016 Specialized Rockhopper