Razorback - Reddick, FL- Mtbr.com

Jul 2006

Razorback - Reddick, FL

I wanted to share with the forum my experience this past weekend at Razorback in Reddick, Fl.

The drive there from Orlando was very easy on Sunday morning, therefore I will be going back more often than not.

Entering the trail head me and the two other riders I was with were immediatley greeted with wonderful hardpack trail. Riding a hard tail there is no problem. A big change from the softer ground and many roots at Snowhill where we ride 3 to 4 times a week. About 300 yards into the trail we came upon the first descent, since we were pedaling as fast as we could the speed after the descent was awesome and the trail allowed for the speed to continue for quite a ways. We were all giggling like school children.

The giggling continued until we hit the first real climb of the trail in Grannies Revenge. Its a long steep climb and since it had rained the night before the clay was very slippery. One of us made the climb( Not me) the other two of us had to walk 2/3's of the way. But after the climb we were rewarded with some very steep and fast downhills.

The next two sections of trail were very difficult because of the slick climbs and not knowing the best lines to take in some sections, but again the downhills were awesome and some parts of the trail allowed for good flow at about 15 mph with hardly having to pedal.

As the course was laid out this past Sunday the entire loop was 11 miles. We did it twice. The first go around we averaged about 10 mph, the second go around was 9 mph average.

Razorback is awesome. I can only compare it to Oleta, Markham, Amelia and Snow hill. It blows them all away. I am anxiously awaiting my next vist there.

Where is my mind?
    The Grannies climb would be a lot more fun (in the summer time) if it wasn't in the blaring sun. Just curious did you guys do Big Gulp or Little Gulp. That's a real rush. I love that trail and I gotta head back this weekend. Glad you guys had fun.
    "'I refuse to prove that I exist,' says god, 'for proof denies faith and without faith I am nothing'"

- Douglas Adams: "The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy"

Its got what plants crave
    I need to get off me arse and do some riding.. I've been so busy lately I haven't had time!

Where is my mind?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim311
    I need to get off me arse and do some riding.. I've been so busy lately I haven't had time!
    You and me both. 10 hr days at the lab plus other things have only given me the chance to do 1 easy ride 2 weeks ago.
    "'I refuse to prove that I exist,' says god, 'for proof denies faith and without faith I am nothing'"

Shortcutting Hikabiker
    Razorback Saturday AM? Santos?

I think I am going to blow off the losers at the shop.. lol.

Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Acme54321

where are you heading out from? I would like to check out either of these two trails. I get to "enjoy" the only trail close to me which is spruce creek.

Quote Originally Posted by Acme54321

My sister wrecked her truck yesterday so I may end up swapping an axle shaft in her Chevy XTREME this weekend sometime. Otherwise, I'm in.

Where is my mind?
    I'll see how sleep deprived I am by them. I really need a good ride.

Where is my mind?
    So is there a plan for this weekend?? I'm heading out to Razorback tomorrow, depending on the weather.

We ended up riding Santos on Monday.

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    We were there all day. 4 guys from Jax on a dark blue Excursion. We normally do an epic (TH to 48th st) but we had a newbie with us so we stayed in the main area and the other side. We met this guy Marcus riding a S. Demo and he did the 15 footer over .. and over .. and over. Freakin' cool.

Where is my mind?
    Looks like there might be a window for a Saturday morning ride. Anyone hitting the trails then?

Jul 2006

saturday morning

I will be there saturday morning. 07 Stumpy FSR, blue Nissan Maxima.

Where is my mind?
    Quote Originally Posted by EriP
    I will be there saturday morning. 07 Stumpy FSR, blue Nissan Maxima.
    Would that be Razorback or Santos. With all the rain between now and then I'm wondering if Razorback will be a bit too sloshy.

Jul 2006

razorback

razorback. The climbs will be almost undoable. But I enoyed it so much I have to go back.

Where is my mind?
    Quote Originally Posted by EriP
    razorback. The climbs will be almost undoable. But I enoyed it so much I have to go back.
    I hear ya! Maybe I'll meet you there. I'm riding a grey Titus motolite; white hyundai. I'm thinking of being there between 9-10 ish.

CoroKatana
    Mar 2006

Razorback on Sunday 9/10...? anyone?

I'll be there when Dave opens up. Want to pre-ride the race course before the 17th.

I plan on going nice and easyyyy, since I'll be recovering from a tooth extraction Friday (today.)
    Gold/Futura Yellow VW GTI with a roof rack. Silver/Grey C'dale HT, Lefty fork.

Hope to see you out there . Later!

Where is my mind?
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected]
    I'll be there when Dave opens up. Want to pre-ride the race course before the 17th.

I plan on going nice and easyyyy, since I'll be recovering from a tooth extraction Friday (today.)
    Gold/Futura Yellow VW GTI with a roof rack. Silver/Grey C'dale HT, Lefty fork.

Hope to see you out there . Later!
    I'll try, but I'll see how I feel about hitting razorback two days in a row.

Edit: Looking at the forecast, maybe Sunday may be the day to go.
    Last edited by Cyclopod; 09-08-2006 at 01:50 PM.

Shortcutting Hikabiker
    I will probably be hitting up Razorback Sunday at 9am maybe earlier. Have to be at the shop by noon!

Where is my mind?
    I'm in! I'll be there by 9:00 am tomorrow, Sunday.

Shortcutting Hikabiker
    ok you can ride with us if you want, see you at 9

Members who have read this thread: 0