Planning to leave for Bentonville today... any locals chime in on trail conditions?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    May 2017

Planning to leave for Bentonville today... any locals chime in on trail conditions?

How are the trails? Sounds like you got hammered yesterday. Haven't ridden there so I am not sure how the trails handle water or rather how fast they dry out. Back 40 still good to ride tomorrow (Oct 12th). How about All American? Slaughter Pen under water?

Super tough. Looks like Sat and Sun are going to be beautiful but I am trying to get a good idea on how this trip will go.

Thanks all. Still planning on coming but hoping to be put to ease as far as itinerary in terms of riding.

mtbr member
    Mar 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBrandon View Post
    How are the trails? Sounds like you got hammered yesterday. Haven't ridden there so I am not sure how the trails handle water or rather how fast they dry out. Back 40 still good to ride tomorrow (Oct 12th). How about All American? Slaughter Pen under water?

Super tough. Looks like Sat and Sun are going to be beautiful but I am trying to get a good idea on how this trip will go.

Thanks all. Still planning on coming but hoping to be put to ease as far as itinerary in terms of riding.
    Are you participating in the Epic Rides Oztrails Offroad? If not, be aware that there are like 500 riders in town riding on Saturday and Sunday, which is going to limit things. Most of that riding is taking place in Slaughter Pen and Back40.

You can totally ride out at Hobbs and check out the new Monument Trails for a full day one day. It's great. Look at Karst Loop and the other "new" trails around the visitors center. I'd do that on Saturday. If you want to ride more than that, head over to Eureka Springs. Alex posted that trails should be good at Passion Play. That trail system is FANTASTIC.

That will leave you to ride on Sunday. It's possible that Coler will be dried out with some areas to ride in the morning by then (though some of the jump lines will likely still be muddy). The Epic rides should be over by 1pm on Sunday, so you can then head up to Slaughter Pen and Back40 to ride that.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Coler was pretty good Sunday afternoon.
    -DC, just some XC Bum from FL in NW Arkansas

mtbr member
    Mar 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkpowa View Post
    Coler was pretty good Sunday afternoon.
    Indeed it was! We had a great time out there with a huge group of groms for my son's birthday. So fun riding with a bunch of pumped up 12-15 year olds who shred.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    ahh I think I saw that crew, I was out there with a friend from Pisgah in some obnoxious turquoise kits. Rode the 50 on saturday and wanted to show her the fun stuff before she had to fly back last night, she'll bring the big bike next time

mtbr member
    Mar 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkpowa View Post
    ahh I think I saw that crew, I was out there with a friend from Pisgah in some obnoxious turquoise kits. Rode the 50 on saturday and wanted to show her the fun stuff before she had to fly back last night, she'll bring the big bike next time
    Oh, hah! I think I commented on your (or someone's) instagram this morning or yesterday. Those kits are sweet.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    oh thanks man, just moved here last month and settling in. Loving NWA so far, it's really great up here even my friend from Asheville said she'll be back soon. She wanted to hang out and session stuff with the groms but I wanted to show her a few trails before she had to jump on a plane, those kids were having a blast and have more skills than I'll ever have!