pinhoti q's- Mtbr.com

Thread: pinhoti q's

dragin' fly

pinhoti q's

i heard it is possible to do a 30 mile one way, mostly singletrack, with a shuttle. is this true and what sections does it involve? is there a shuttle service? thanks.

mtbr member
    I can't remember the name, but there are a couple of ladies that have opened a bunkhouse specifically for mountain bikers which is at the top of the mountain where the Pinhoti trails are. They stopped and introduced themselves as we were exiting Pinhoti 2 onto the lower fire road. They offer a shuttle service as part of staying there, but it may be worth asking if they offer the stand alone shuttle service. I am sure you can get a phone number from Mike at Cartecay Bikes. As far as I can tell, even if you shuttle, you are going to do some lung searing climbs. It's painful, but I consider it all part of the fun.

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by standingindian
    i heard it is possible to do a 30 mile one way, mostly singletrack, with a shuttle. is this true and what sections does it involve? is there a shuttle service? thanks.
    From Gates Chapel climbing up Bear Creek to Overlook then down Bear Creek downhill take the right onto Pinhoti #1 then sections #2,3 & 4 ending at Ft Mountain should be in excess of 30 miles. Last time I did it I was praying for a shuttle!

+1 on the Cartecay boys knowing the skinny on the shuttle info.

paintbucket
    Which part of the Pinhoti? This sounds more like the Snake Creek Gap area than Bear Creek.
    When the going gets weird its bedtime.

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by wooglin
    Which part of the Pinhoti? This sounds more like the Snake Creek Gap area than Bear Creek.
    Pinhoti is one looooooooooong trail. From Bear Creek it eventually does turn into the Snake Creek section even though I have not done the entire trail from Bear Creek.

dragin' fly
    i didn't relize the trail was a long trail. my source was pretty vague. i was told there was a pretty technical long ride,around 30 miles w/ shuttle. i'm in wnc and we love the rough stuff. climbings good and downhills are better.

paintbucket
    Quote Originally Posted by standingindian
    i didn't relize the trail was a long trail. my source was pretty vague. i was told there was a pretty technical long ride,around 30 miles w/ shuttle. i'm in wnc and we love the rough stuff. climbings good and downhills are better.
    That's Snake Creek Gap. You'll love it. Go to the NW GA SORBA site and post up on their forum for beta and, more than likely, a shuttle.

http://www.nwgasorba.org/
    When the going gets weird its bedtime.

dragin' fly
    thanks. i'll check it out.

Members who have read this thread: 0