Mt Tabor Park near Dallas, GA- Mtbr.com
    Village Idiot
    Jan 2018

Mt Tabor Park near Dallas, GA

Anybody ever ride it? I rode is a couple dozen times over the last few years, took a break from it for a while, and road it again this morning.

It is a nice change of pace from the other trails I normally ride - Allatoona Creek, Rope Mill, and occasionally Blankets Creek. I find the trails quite challenging, and I like how they are laid out, snowman-style, so if you need to cut your ride short for some reason, it's easy to get back.

Lots and lots of roots there. Lots and lots of loose rocks there. Lots and lots of sand, which drains and dries very quickly after a rain. It's not very popular among cyclists, and you are likely to encounter far more hikers than bikers.

Atlanta area bikers - if you haven't ridden here yet, maybe you should check it out. You might like it.

Cycologist
    See this post:

https://forums.mtbr.com/riding-passi...l#post14070148

I think you'll recognize some of the pictures. Mt Tabor was the second trail system I visited. I still haven't ridden Sara Babb.

I live close to Some Creek and ride Blanket's and Rope a lot plus all the other trails in the area.
    This post is a natural product. Variances in spelling & grammar should be appreciated as part of its character & beauty.

Village Idiot
    Jan 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by chazpat View Post
    See this post:

https://forums.mtbr.com/riding-passi...l#post14070148

I think you'll recognize some of the pictures. Mt Tabor was the second trail system I visited. I still haven't ridden Sara Babb.

I live close to Some Creek and ride Blanket's and Rope a lot plus all the other trails in the area.
    Yep - I recognize all of the pictures. I rode Lost Mtn for the 2nd time last week. For a quick fix on riding, I like those trails. Only a little over 4 miles total, for all 3 trails there.

Close to 8 miles of trails at Mt Tabor. Feels like much longer to me, as it takes me close to 2 hours to ride all of them.

I haven't ridden Sope Creek or Sara Babb yet.
    2016 Felt Decree 30

Cycologist
    Quote Originally Posted by Outrider66 View Post
    Yep - I recognize all of the pictures. I rode Lost Mtn for the 2nd time last week. For a quick fix on riding, I like those trails. Only a little over 4 miles total, for all 3 trails there.

Close to 8 miles of trails at Mt Tabor. Feels like much longer to me, as it takes me close to 2 hours to ride all of them.

I haven't ridden Sope Creek or Sara Babb yet.
    I know you said you like to ride by yourself but I'd be happy to ride with you at Sope if you'd like to check it out. They are nice trails, only about 6-7 miles but a good workout as you climb from the river up to above Sope Creek. Cool mill ruins if you've never checked them out (they are not on the mtb path though). It is $3 (or is it $5 now?) to park if you don't have an annual pass. If you're going in at the Sope Creek parking lot, some people park at the school up the road and ride down.
    This post is a natural product. Variances in spelling & grammar should be appreciated as part of its character & beauty.