Mountain Biking Florida- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Mountain Biking Florida

There is Kindle guide book to mountain bike trails in Florida on Amazon set to be released May 31st
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...t_bibl_vppi_i0

mtbr member
    Oct 2018
    That makes 2 of us that ordered it. Iím concerned that for 5.00, it will come out to 1.00/page.

mtbr member
    Of course being Kindle it depends on what you are viewing it with, but on my tablet it is 93 pages.

mtbr member
    Oct 2018
    I havenít seen it yet. Just joking based on the number of trails that pop up during a search.

mtbr member
    Mountain Biking Florida Kindle book is now available on Amazon. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07Q434LC8

mtbr member
    Santos+Alafia+Grapefruit
    Be ready for some serious fun

mtbr member
    Oct 2018
    Basically a book with the trails and the local microbrews listed. Wasnít as helpful as I had hoped.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Vandals View Post
    Basically a book with the trails and the local microbrews listed. Wasnít as helpful as I had hoped.
    Sorry to hear that.. What else would you like to see in it. As a Kindle book when I make updates everyone that has it should get the updates for free. I plan to add more from time to time.

mtbr member
    Oct 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by armii View Post
    Sorry to hear that.. What else would you like to see in it. As a Kindle book when I make updates everyone that has it should get the updates for free. I plan to add more from time to time.
    Updates are fine. I expected to find more information than is available online through a google search. Iíll use the Pensacola as an example because thatís pretty much why I bought the book. I wanted to know what was in the panhandle. Thereís 2 sentences about the trails and 3 about the food and beer. Nothing about the trailhead location, hours, who to talk to about it, type of trails, etc.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Vandals View Post
    Updates are fine. I expected to find more information than is available online through a google search. Iíll use the Pensacola as an example because thatís pretty much why I bought the book. I wanted to know what was in the panhandle. Thereís 2 sentences about the trails and 3 about the food and beer. Nothing about the trailhead location, hours, who to talk to about it, type of trails, etc.
    Thank you for the feedback. Admittedly I have not ridden much west of Tallahassee so it is not as thorough as some other areas, and I will be investigating it further and adding updates this fall. I had not really thought about who to talk to. This of course would be whoever maintains the trails and/or local riding groups. This is something I will have to research and add to all the riding areas in future updates.

mtbr member
    When I first read your post, I assumed you were from the area, I see now you are in California and thinking about moving. While I plan on doing more research and riding in the Panhandle and putting updates in the book, there aren't as many trails in the far west of the Panhandle as many other places in Florida. Even Tallahassee, Eastern Panhandle, has more trails and a longer section in the book than where you mentioned.

Probably the two best places, with the most trails, and serious trail groups would be: East of Tampa in the Alafia River area (groups there are Swamp, and Friends of Alafia), and Ocala area and the Santos trail system (main group there is OMBA). Both of those areas have a much larger presence in the book.

mtbr member
    Oct 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by armii View Post
    When I first read your post, I assumed you were from the area, I see now you are in California and thinking about moving. While I plan on doing more research and riding in the Panhandle and putting updates in the book, there aren't as many trails in the far west of the Panhandle as many other places in Florida. Even Tallahassee, Eastern Panhandle, has more trails and a longer section in the book than where you mentioned.

Probably the two best places, with the most trails, and serious trail groups would be: East of Tampa in the Alafia River area (groups there are Swamp, and Friends of Alafia), and Ocala area and the Santos trail system (main group there is OMBA). Both of those areas have a much larger presence in the book.
    Thank you for the information. Hopefully Iíll find some good trails out there. If I get pictures or info, would you want to include it in your updates?