Marjorie Carr cross FL trail- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Aug 2011

Marjorie Carr cross FL trail

Been thinking about riding the Marjorie Carr cross FL trail, would like to ride coast to coast. But I live in GA and do not have the luxury of checking out bits of the trail. We would like to ride, maybe out and back, and camp a couple nights along the way. Do any of y'all have any experience on this trail? I need to know if the entire thing is paved, if not what is the surface of most of the trail? I can run 1.8" slicks, or 2.1 knobbies on one bike, or 27.5 X 3" on the other.

Also is it possible to get a little off the trail and camp overnight? I know all the state campgrounds are real popular this time of year and almost impossible to find a site.

Hi There!
    I’ve been around it but not enough to answer your questions unfortunately. Are you on Facebook? If so go to ‘Cross Florida Greenway’, you should be able to get help there.
    NTFTC

Shortcutting Hikabiker
    I think you're getting two things a little mixed up. There is the Florida Trail and the Marjorie Carr Cross Florida Greenway. You can't ride the Florida trail so coast to coast on that is out. The Greenway only covers about 2/3rds of the state.

Lots of dirt roads and different routes can get you there but I think you need to do a lot more research before trying to bite this one off. Have you ever bikepacked before?

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Yes. Is the Greenway trail all paved yet? Or is it a variety of surfaces? I would like to know so I can choose the appropriate tires.

And I see that there are multiple trails showing on the state website. I wish it was a bit more clear exactly what is linked, and what the trail surface consists of.