Jake Mountain - Dahlonega, Ga *Latest news*- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Jake Mountain - Dahlonega, Ga *Latest news*

I recently rode Jake Mountain last Saturday (6/16) and on the back side of the trail I noticed many tents, tarps, camp fires and of course PEOPLE camping out. It honestly reminded me of the Deliverance movie. Apparently, there is a group called the Rainbow of Living Light and this year Jake Mountain is where they have decided to gather. It's not supposed to be until July 1-7th but there are a few hundred camped out there now. They expect anywhere between 5000-15,000 to show up for this annual event.

While they were friendly to my and my buddy NOW I can only imagine how it's going to get as the days pass by. There are NO bathrooms/porta-johns there so with that many people defecating and urinating I can't EVEN fathom the odor that will permeate the entire place. And I saw just as many canines as I did people!

As some of the points/connections we literally had to ride THROUGH their make-shift camps. But this was with only a couple 100 people. Who knows if the trails will even be passable, etc between now and 2nd week of July.

Just beware if you decide to go to Jake and ride.

https://www.thedahloneganugget.com/n...ight-gathering
    OMB :thumbsup:
    2019 Yeti SB130 Turq XX1
    2017 Santa Cruz HighTower C
    2016 Specialized Fuse Comp
    2016 Specialized Rockhopper

since 4/10/2009
    Rainbow Gatherings are a mess. Some rainbow people were camping out in Pisgah early this season and leaving trash and crap. They prob migrated down your way.

Apparently the Asheville pd is sending officers to help manage the crowd as best they can. IIRC, it's a drug dog crew. One of my wife's coworkers was helping them prep for the conditions and taking care of the dogs.

I feel for y'all. It will suck for awhile.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Yikes. I've witnessed a 'gathering' back in the early '90s. It was interesting, to say the least... mostly sad.

The county would be smart to provide access to plenty of porta-johns, if they can.

mtbr member
    Has anyone rode up at Jake or Bull SINCE these hooligans have left the area? I wonder how they left the area and what condition the trails are in now. If anyone has, a good report would be greatly appreciated.
    OMB :thumbsup:
    2019 Yeti SB130 Turq XX1
    2017 Santa Cruz HighTower C
    2016 Specialized Fuse Comp
    2016 Specialized Rockhopper

mtbr member
    Apr 2018
    Rode my motorcycles through Deals Gap and Snake Valley. We traveled into Damascus Virginia where there was a gathering awhile back. Some of them were still there. My cousin who lives nearby said that after the gatherings many just stay until forced to leave. It had already been a few years since the gathering and parts of Damascus still had them there. Pretty crazy.

mtbr member
    Nov 2015
    I rode there Sunday. Trails are in good shape. All I saw from the fest is one tent in the woods off Moss creek trail, and one makeshift looking hammock on 223H. Nothing on or obstructing trails at all.