I rode Blankets Creek Dwelling Loop last Sun. ..- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

I rode Blankets Creek Dwelling Loop last Sun. ..

Although the trail was dry I saw a new lake in the middle of the woods towards the end of the loop. We've had such a rainy winter. In fact Old Rope Mill has been closed too.

Cycologist
    Quote Originally Posted by Zomby Woof (MCM700) View Post
    Although the trail was dry I saw a new lake in the middle of the woods towards the end of the loop. We've had such a rainy winter. In fact Old Rope Mill has been closed too.
    I was going to ride Allatoona Creek but it was closed then looked at Blanket's but didn't ride there since South Loop was closed. Ended up at Big Creek. Sope Creek was open but I figured it would be packed with hikers.
    This post is a natural product. Variances in spelling & grammar should be appreciated as part of its character & beauty.

mtbr member
    I got there at 1:30. The parking lot was packed. I had to cruise on lap to get a space. When I got back to my car at about 3:00 the parking lot was still packed and people were coming in trying to find a space.

Cycologist
    Quote Originally Posted by Zomby Woof (MCM700) View Post
    I got there at 1:30. The parking lot was packed. I had to cruise on lap to get a space. When I got back to my car at about 3:00 the parking lot was still packed and people were coming in trying to find a space.
    Yeah, I figured with Rope Mill closed and all the days of closed trails, Blanket's would be packed. Big Creek had a good crowd, I think I got the last parking space in the upper lot. Beautiful day.
    This post is a natural product. Variances in spelling & grammar should be appreciated as part of its character & beauty.

mtbr member
    I did Blankest again today. I rode Dwelling and VMT. The parking lot was like the mall at Christmas. I found our why Rope Mill is closed. The water was up to the parking lot.

Cycologist
    I rode to Sope from my house yesterday. Glad I did as the parking lot was full, despite it being late afternoon. Trails were in great shape. I think I passed more bikes than hikers.

Village Idiot
    Jan 2018
    I rode there too, around that time. But not Dwelling Loop. I rode the Van Michael trail. Blankets Creek itself was quite flooded, but fortunately the trail was fairly dry. I can't wait until Rope Mill opens again.

I refuse to ride either place on weekends. I go to the woods to get away from people - not to see them. Both places get jam packed. Since I am semi-retired, I do my riding on weekdays. Normally at Allatoona Creek, since I am only 2.5 miles from there, but I much prefer the flowing trails at Blankets and Rope Mill over the roots at 'Toona. Same with Mt Tabor - I love the tight twisties there, and the fact that very few people ride there, but those godawful roots kick my arse. I rarely make it through all 3 trails there without get-offs or crashes.