Getting to tails around Bentonville AR- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Mar 2013

Getting to tails around Bentonville AR

I am Looking to plan a group mountain bike trip to Bentonville AR. We would be flying in and some of us renting bikes. My question is what is the best way to get around to trails that are not within riding distance from town. I don't mind a mile or two ride but not looking to put down 10 miles to get to a trail head. Are there shuttle companies that will drop off and pick up at trail heads? Or should we look into renting pick up trucks to haul bikes. TIA for your time

mtbr member
    Mar 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by M320 View Post
    I am Looking to plan a group mountain bike trip to Bentonville AR. We would be flying in and some of us renting bikes. My question is what is the best way to get around to trails that are not within riding distance from town. I don't mind a mile or two ride but not looking to put down 10 miles to get to a trail head. Are there shuttle companies that will drop off and pick up at trail heads? Or should we look into renting pick up trucks to haul bikes. TIA for your time
    Slaughter Trail Guides will hook you up.

https://www.slaughtertrailguides.com/

Dustin can handle bike rentals as well as transportation and/or shuttle services. He's been riding in our area since the "boom" happened, and is an excellent rider and guide. He'll be happy to help you out with trip plans and be as hand's on or hand's off as you need. Can't recommend him highly enough. He also plans most of our local and regional enduro race series.

mtbr member
    Mar 2018
    I should also add that you will be able to access Slaughter Pen immediately off the square. Coler is about 1.5 miles pedal from the square. Blowing Springs, Back40, and Big Sugar (may or may not have maps up for it by the time you come) are just another 2 miles or so of a pedal once you get to the bottom of Slaughter Pen. So all of these are pretty easily accessible without shuttles, as long as you're staying in downtown Bentonville or in one of the AirBNBs that are near trail access.

If you want to ride Eureka Springs (Passion Play and Leatherwood), Fitzgerald, Kessler, BOC, Upper Buffalo, etc.. you'll want to get someone to shuttle you.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by hogfly View Post
    I should also add that you will be able to access Slaughter Pen immediately off the square. Coler is about 1.5 miles pedal from the square. Blowing Springs, Back40, and Big Sugar (may or may not have maps up for it by the time you come) are just another 2 miles or so of a pedal once you get to the bottom of Slaughter Pen. So all of these are pretty easily accessible without shuttles, as long as you're staying in downtown Bentonville or in one of the AirBNBs that are near trail access.

If you want to ride Eureka Springs (Passion Play and Leatherwood), Fitzgerald, Kessler, BOC, Upper Buffalo, etc.. you'll want to get someone to shuttle you.
    Thanks so much for the Information. We would definitely plan on staying in town. So I will definitely look into this. Thanks again.

mtbr member
    I ran into someone last year in Bentonville that shuttles... "The Drop" at 479-402-3222. Other than he offered to shuttle us (we didn't need 'em) and a business card from them, I can't tell you anything about them (they are mentioned in the link below).

Here's a site that may help... Need A Lift? Mountain Bike Shuttle Services in Arkansas
    You didn't quit riding because you're old, you're old because you quit riding.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Does anyone know the best way to access the little Sugar trails riding in from downtown? Trying to plan rides for upcoming trip the end of April . TIA

mtbr member
    Mar 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by M320 View Post
    Does anyone know the best way to access the little Sugar trails riding in from downtown? Trying to plan rides for upcoming trip the end of April . TIA
    So Little Sugar doesn't have a very good connector to downtown Bentonville at this point.

As for where to park: the Kingswood Country Club parking is easy to access and a pretty close drive. Run Land Line CCW up to Tweety Bird. You can then cut over to Tunnel Vision to access Down Under or continue on Tunnel Vision for a shorter loop back to Kingswood country club.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013

Getting to tails around Bentonville AR

Quote Originally Posted by hogfly View Post
    So Little Sugar doesn't have a very good connector to downtown Bentonville at this point.

As for where to park: the Kingswood Country Club parking is easy to access and a pretty close drive. Run Land Line CCW up to Tweety Bird. You can then cut over to Tunnel Vision to access Down Under or continue on Tunnel Vision for a shorter loop back to Kingswood country club.
    Thanks for the replay. We are trying to access as much as possible without a car.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Downtown to Lil Sugar: greenway to Blowing Springs, head down Mercy Way through Allen's Grocery store parking lot. Roll on Cart path under highway and head towards Riordan (west of highway). You'll hit "Tunnel Vision" 200yds after crossing the highway, you'll have 2 options to start the trail from there. Down Under is a fun little 5 mile loop on the south side of Little Sugar.

Tunnel Vision is the perimeter loop on Little Sugar, analogous to the Back 40 loop on the Back 40. Tunnel Vision is about 23 miles, looks mostly done last time I rode out there, should be good to go by April I'd bet. That whole side is cross country flowy goodness with a little chunky stuff.

You can zoom in on this link and see what I'm talking about:
    https://www.strava.com/activities/3043339431
    -DC, just some XC Bum from FL in NW Arkansas

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkpowa View Post
    Downtown to Lil Sugar: greenway to Blowing Springs, head down Mercy Way through Allen's Grocery store parking lot. Roll on Cart path under highway and head towards Riordan (west of highway). You'll hit "Tunnel Vision" 200yds after crossing the highway, you'll have 2 options to start the trail from there. Down Under is a fun little 5 mile loop on the south side of Little Sugar.

Tunnel Vision is the perimeter loop on Little Sugar, analogous to the Back 40 loop on the Back 40. Tunnel Vision is about 23 miles, looks mostly done last time I rode out there, should be good to go by April I'd bet. That whole side is cross country flowy goodness with a little chunky stuff.

You can zoom in on this link and see what I'm talking about:
    https://www.strava.com/activities/3043339431
    Awesome. I will map it out. Thank you.