Coffee Rd., Lithonia, GA- Mtbr.com
    Professional Crastinator

Coffee Rd., Lithonia, GA

Was/is this a legit riding spot? I seem to remember riding that granite knob once upon a time.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/33...!4d-84.1151587

Thanks,
    -F
    It's never easier - you just go faster.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleas View Post
    Was/is this a legit riding spot? I seem to remember riding that granite knob once upon a time.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/33...!4d-84.1151587

Thanks,
    -F
    Was legit, about 25 years ago. When i stared riding in my teens I heard it was a good spot to go. I only went once with someone who knew where they were going before it kind of started being not the place to be riding. I think around 1995, private home owners or somebody complained about all the people going back there. I think some people did some jeeping on the main dirt road in to. Maybe some car tires were flattened, break-ins, etc. When this place was fading out, yellow river off Juhan road was gaining steam and that was the new place everyone went to. Would still be a great place to ride if the Parks department didnt "re-purpose" the place. Old trails still somewhat exist but its a mess of intersections if you dont know where you are going.

Also, behind rock chapel elementary off SR124 was a less crowded place to ride not far from yellow river. Rock chapel has some granite slabs too. I think this place died the same as coffee road with private land access and what not.

Thanks for the trip down memory lane. I still have my old Bontrager frame I used to ride these trails on.

Professional Crastinator
    Quote Originally Posted by teamplayr View Post
    Was legit, about 25 years ago. When i stared riding in my teens I heard it was a good spot to go. I only went once with someone who knew where they were going before it kind of started being not the place to be riding. I think around 1995, private home owners or somebody complained about all the people going back there. I think some people did some jeeping on the main dirt road in to. Maybe some car tires were flattened, break-ins, etc. When this place was fading out, yellow river off Juhan road was gaining steam and that was the new place everyone went to. Would still be a great place to ride if the Parks department didnt "re-purpose" the place. Old trails still somewhat exist but its a mess of intersections if you dont know where you are going.

Also, behind rock chapel elementary off SR124 was a less crowded place to ride not far from yellow river. Rock chapel has some granite slabs too. I think this place died the same as coffee road with private land access and what not.

Thanks for the trip down memory lane. I still have my old Bontrager frame I used to ride these trails on.
    Awesome recall. Thanks!

-F
    It's never easier - you just go faster.